Steak and Lobster

KungFuMaster

Tonight will be the first time I attempt to cook my own steak and lobster. The steak is easy but it is the lobster I am worried about.

Being this is the first time I am attempting this, I have chosen to take a safe route and steam the lobsters.

If you have any suggestions on improving this steamed dish, please do not hesitate to give it.

Bon appetit,

Quick and easy recipe from Food Network. I love that station. Hope it helps.

Ingredients

* 2 or 3 tablespoons salt

* 4 live lobsters (about 1 1/2 pounds each)

* 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter

* Lemon wedges

Directions

Fill a large stockpot about half full of water. Add the salt and bring to a boil. When the water has come to a rolling boil' date=' plunge the lobsters headfirst into the pot. Clamp the lid back on tightly and return the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the lobsters for 12 to 18 minutes (hard-shell lobsters will take the longer time), until the shells turn bright red and the tail meat is firm and opaque when checked.

Lift the lobsters out of the water with tongs and drain in a colander. Place underside up on a work surface and, grasping firmly, split the tails lengthwise with a large knife. Drain off the excess liquid. Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.

Note: Lobsters must be kept alive until they are cooked because their flesh begins to deteriorate soon after they die or are killed. [b']Some experts recommend numbing the lobsters first by placing them in the freezer for about 10 minutes before cooking[/b].

HA. lobsters don't have feelings. drop them little buggers in boiling water and listen to them scream.

good recipe though

steam it in beer, add ur favorite beverage of choice in a pot that accomodates the lobster. you want 1'' of beer on the bottom. u can mix some beer and some water. bring beer to a boil place lobster in. a 2lb lobster will be ready in about 12 minutes give or take 1-2 minutes. with steaming you dont have to worry so much about overcooking it. make sure your fan is on, house will stink like beer but the aroma wolnt last too long. the beer gives it a nicer taste than just water alone. add garlic or whatever else u like.

Quick and easy recipe from Food Network. I love that station. Hope it helps.

Ingredients

* 2 or 3 tablespoons salt

* 4 live lobsters (about 1 1/2 pounds each)

* 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter

* Lemon wedges

Directions

Fill a large stockpot about half full of water. Add the salt and bring to a boil. When the water has come to a rolling boil' date=' plunge the lobsters headfirst into the pot. Clamp the lid back on tightly and return the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the lobsters for 12 to 18 minutes (hard-shell lobsters will take the longer time), until the shells turn bright red and the tail meat is firm and opaque when checked.

Lift the lobsters out of the water with tongs and drain in a colander. Place underside up on a work surface and, grasping firmly, split the tails lengthwise with a large knife. Drain off the excess liquid. Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.

Note: Lobsters must be kept alive until they are cooked because their flesh begins to deteriorate soon after they die or are killed. Some experts recommend numbing the lobsters first by placing them in the freezer for about 10 minutes before cooking.[/quote']

Yeah, but I am choosing to steam the buggers. Thank you, for trying to help.

Do you have any suggestions for improving my steamed lobsters?

Ingredients

* 4 live lobsters (1 1/2 pounds each)

* 2 lemons' date=' halved, plus more for serving

* 1 tablespoon sea salt

* Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise, recipe follows

Directions

Fill a large steamer or soup pot, with about 2 inches of water, add the salt and squeeze in the lemon juice; toss the halves in there too for extra flavor. Bring to a boil over medium heat.

Place the lobsters in the steamer basket or directly in the pot, cover, and allow to steam until they turn bright red, about 15 minutes. Remove the lobsters from the pot and cool to room temperature, and then chill thoroughly before cracking open. Serve with lemon wedges and Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise as part of a raw shellfish bar.

Lemon-Caper Mayonnaise:

* 3 cups mayonnaise

* 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped

* 2 lemons, juiced

* 3 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped

* 2 handfuls chopped flat-leaf parsley

* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a wooden spoon to combine. Set aside to allow the flavors to marry. Serve as a dipping sauce with steamed lobster and poached shrimp.

Yield: 3 cups

Good recipe from Tyler Florence at Food Network. Hope this helps.[/quote']

Gee, a woman that knows how to cook...:P

Add butter, garlic and black pepper to the water.

Then

If your into spicy add some crushed red peppers, serranos or habeneros and use orange and red peppers in the water.

Or if you like things a little more mild use green peppers, jalape?os and some tomatillos to the water.

The real trick is in the dipping sauce though. I use 2 fresh squeezed lemons, one fresh lime, fresh dill and parsley with a little olive oil and butter. You can add mayonaise if you want more of a thick tarter sauce.

Tonight will be the first time I attempt to cook my own steak and lobster. The steak is easy but it is the lobster I am worried about.

Being this is the first time I am attempting this' date=' I have chosen to take a safe route and steam the lobsters.

If you have any suggestions on improving this steamed dish, please do not hesitate to give it.

Bon appetit,[/quote']

Yeah, make sure you rape the cow and lobster first! The fear in their hearts will make them extra tasty! Not to mention, adding your own splash of man mayonaise will be a welcomed addition to the cumbersome flavour!

Awesome!!

Im not joking when I say this makes me really happy. Im happy for ya man!

Cool. What did you decide to go with ?

Glad I could help....well I did wish you luck.;)

I decided to steam the lobsters and it was good....slightly less tasty than what I eat at the restaurants.

But I will not do this for a while. The lobsters were 11.99 a lb. I bought four and it came out to be 140 dollars.

Each lobster weighed approximately 2.5 - 3 lbs......Ouch!!!!....but it was good for celebrating this night of fights.

BJ is now on my fecal list. I called the co-main event and the main event.

Archived