Say Goodbye to 4oz gloves

Skywalk

After tonight, I'm sure the athletic commission will either ban professional boxers from MMA or order fighters to wear heavier gloves with more padding for ensured safety.

James Toney is going to hit Randy Couture just once flush and kill Randy. I definitely don't want to see a legend, or any man for that matter, executed in the octagon, but it's going to happen tonight. It will be a sad day for MMA "entertainment" tonight when a professional from the sport of boxing comes in and restructures it. After tonight, there will be a lot more lay and praying because punches won't be as effective for strikers when the new glove regulations are put into effect.

The fact is Toney has been knocking guys out since 1988 with gloves 2.5x heavier than the ones he'll be wearing tonight. People don't seem to realize only being able to punch someone is a disadvantage as well as an advantage. While a boxer may be one-dimensional, it doesn't necessarily mean he's any easier to defend against. If anything, it's harder if you realize he's been facing competition that's been training for as long as he has simply to defend against that ONE-DIMENSION, but so far most have failed and Randy will too.

After tonight' date=' I'm sure the athletic commission will either ban professional boxers from MMA or order fighters to wear heavier gloves with more padding for ensured safety.

James Toney is going to hit Randy Couture just once flush and kill Randy. I definitely don't want to see a legend, or any man for that matter, executed in the octagon, but it's going to happen tonight. It will be a sad day for MMA "entertainment" tonight when a professional from the sport of boxing comes in and restructures it. After tonight, there will be a lot more lay and praying because punches won't be as effective for strikers when the new glove regulations are put into effect.

The fact is Toney has been knocking guys out since 1988 with gloves 2.5x heavier than the ones he'll be wearing tonight. People don't seem to realize only being able to punch someone is a disadvantage as well as an advantage. While a boxer may be one-dimensional, it doesn't necessarily mean he's any easier to defend against. If anything, it's harder if you realize he's been facing competition that's been training for as long as he has simply to defend against that ONE-DIMENSION, but so far most have failed and Randy will too.[/quote']

Dude, not cool. Dont talk about death in the Octagon.

Dude' date=' not cool. Dont talk about death in the Octagon.[/quote']

I don't know of a more polite way I could've otherwise expressed my realistic concerns.

Although I agree Toney is gonna blast Couture into retirement' date=' as others noted, you claim to HATE Wanderlei Silva.

I can't take anyone seriously who HATES Wanderlei Silva.[/quote']

I'd explain why I hate him, but I'm sure you're not interested. I don't see how my personal opinion of a fighter affects my credibility. I'm not saying W.Silva is a terrible fighter or that he doesn't deserve respect for his past accomplishments. You're making it too big of a deal.

I don't know of a more polite way I could've otherwise expressed my realistic concerns.

I'd explain why I hate him' date=' but I'm sure you're not interested. I don't see how my personal opinion of a fighter affects my credibility. I'm not saying W.Silva is a terrible fighter or that he doesn't deserve respect for his past accomplishments. You're making it too big of a deal.[/quote']

Fair enough. In all honesty, you're the only person I've ever seen indicate that they HATE Wanderlei Silva......but to each their own.

Getting back on topic, I agree people are going to feel sick to their stomach when Randy eats a flush uppercut from Toney. It's not going to be pretty. I'm scared for Randy actually.

Although I agree Toney is gonna blast Couture into retirement' date=' as others noted, you claim to HATE Wanderlei Silva.

I can't take anyone seriously who HATES Wanderlei Silva.[/quote']

If Couture wins tonight, you are going to get soooo flamed. By me I mean. If he loses, look for my suicide on the news.

I'd explain why I hate him' date=' but I'm sure you're not interested. I don't see how my personal opinion of a fighter affects my credibility. I'm not saying W.Silva is a terrible fighter or that he doesn't deserve respect for his past accomplishments. You're making it too big of a deal.[/quote']

If you don't like Wand you aren't credible.

i respectfully disagree with the premise of this thread. and here's why:

force= mass x velocity

12 - 16 oz. gloves have more mass than 4 oz. gloves, thereby producing more force when you punch with them on. 12 - 16 oz. gloves are like wearing a weapon on the end of your hand. don't be fooled (like james toney) by the fact that they have more padding in them. they generate more force.

Archived