Winner- Lentz...why UFC will never be bigger than boxing

usafighters88

Boring fighters like Lentz is exactly what is wrong with MMA. Total dominance by Lentz but ffs how boring! The Wrestlers will love it, but the rest of the world will not. Its ugly and boring and by the crowd they agree! Boxing will remain number one because of this... PPL want a fight not a roll about on the mat ffs.

Boring fighters like Lentz is exactly what is wrong with MMA. Total dominance by Lentz but ffs how boring! The Wrestlers will love it' date=' but the rest of the world will not. Its ugly and boring and by the crowd they agree! Boxing will remain number one because of this... PPL want a fight not a roll about on the mat ffs.[/quote']

Same story, another person.

Learn to appreciate it.

If it works it works.

Stop the guy.

Boring fighters like Lentz is exactly what is wrong with MMA. Total dominance by Lentz but ffs how boring! The Wrestlers will love it' date=' but the rest of the world will not. Its ugly and boring and by the crowd they agree! Boxing will remain number one because of this... PPL want a fight not a roll about on the mat ffs.[/quote']

The point is, the best fighter is supposed to win, not who does the most flashy things to make your little ****** quiver in month unchanged underwear. Go watch a toughman compeition if you just want brainless brawling. In a real fight, winnar wouldnt be able to keep his back against a cage like that and he would be flattened and pounded out in a couple minutes.

lentz was rubbish' date=' he achieved nothing. all he did was take advantage of a flawed scoring system. winner did more damage, was more aggressive in the stand-up and neutralized pretty much everything lentz did, wrong decision.[/quote']

Loser didn't do anything outside of the first round. Hell, that last round should have been 10-8 for lentz,

If this is where MMA is heading, then I don't know what I think of this sport anymore. I've always been a fan of the ground game, but when fighters fight for points instead of trying to finish the fight, and look for no more than "control" to win them a contest, then there's no entertainment value whatsoever.

I still love this sport but if the wrestling revolution eventually takes over then I just can't enjoy it anymore.

Same story, another person.

Learn to appreciate it.

If it works it works.

Stop the guy.[/QU

It works but is boring as hell... its like going to a boxing match and watching them clinch and hold every second of the fight... boring as hell... Match makers need to stop putting good strikers in with boring **** grapplers so the fans get some excitement for their dollar, keep the boring wrestlers in the dark

Loser didn't do anything outside of the first round. Hell' date=' that last round should have been 10-8 for lentz,[/quote']

how? he didnt too any damage at all. his grappling wasnt that effective and as for aggression and octagon control, all he did was hang on to a leg as winner used the cage to defend

Same story' date=' another person.

Learn to appreciate it.

If it works it works.

Stop the guy.[/QU

It works but is boring as hell... its like going to a boxing match and watching them clinch and hold every second of the fight... boring as hell... Match makers need to stop putting good strikers in with boring **** grapplers so the fans get some excitement for their dollar, keep the boring wrestlers in the dark[/quote']

Yeah, because it's cool to throw all your training and gameplan out the window and look like two Kimbo's fighting one another.

He executed his gameplan and it's MMA, so it's all about doing what you want and imposing your will.

If strikers are the only fighters with a place in the UFC then the UFC loses everything that makes it great.

The point is' date=' the best fighter is supposed to win, not who does the most flashy things to make your little ****** quiver in month unchanged underwear. Go watch a toughman compeition if you just want brainless brawling. In a real fight, winnar wouldnt be able to keep his back against a cage like that and he would be flattened and pounded out in a couple minutes.[/quote']

In a real fight, the winner wouldnt get up and walk off saying i rolled around with you for 15 mins, with no damage either... Wrestlers should just stay wrestling behind closed doors...no1 wants to see it.. hence why wrestling is rarely on the tv...They should be scored badly if they do nothing...lentz did what he needed to do.. but to think he will ever get a fan base fighting like a *****, he is mistaken.... Booed in your own country.....hahahaha

how? he didnt too any damage at all. his grappling wasnt that effective and as for aggression and octagon control' date=' all he did was hang on to a leg as winner used the cage to defend[/quote']

How the **** was his grappling not effective when he got fullmount TWICE and a rear naked choke? What a god dman preteen moron. Go back to your AOL chatroom.

In a real fight' date=' the winner wouldnt get up and walk off saying i rolled around with you for 15 mins, with no damage either... Wrestlers should just stay wrestling behind closed doors...no1 wants to see it.. hence why wrestling is rarely on the tv...They should be scored badly if they do nothing...lentz did what he needed to do.. but to think he will ever get a fan base fighting like a *****, he is mistaken.... Booed in your own country.....hahahaha[/quote']

the chants of "usa" that happen everytime it usa vs uk got quiet real quick

How the **** was his grappling not effective when he got fullmount TWICE and a rear naked choke? What a god dman preteen moron. Go back to your AOL chatroom.

all he did was work a position to no advantage. at no point did i feel that lentz would finish winner on the ground

Yeah' date=' because it's cool to throw all your training and gameplan out the window and look like two Kimbo's fighting one another.

He executed his gameplan and it's MMA, so it's all about doing what you want and imposing your will.

If strikers are the only fighters with a place in the UFC then the UFC loses everything that makes it great.[/quote']

He executed his game plan. Good for him. I respect him as a fighter. Doesn't stop it from being boring as hell though.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who steps into that cage, whether they go out there to finish the fight or not. But as a fan, I just don't enjoy watching one guy dry **** another for 15 minutes while making no attempt to finish the fight. If you get your entertainment from watching one guy come out and do exactly what his coach told him to do, then good for you, you must be ******-land right now. But a large portion of fans don't enjoy it and as a long time supporter of MMA, it concerns me if this is the direction that the sport is heading.

. But as a fan' date=' I just don't enjoy watching one guy dry **** another for 15 minutes while making no attempt to finish the fight. If you get your entertainment from watching one guy come out and do exactly what his coach told him to do, then good for you, you must be ******-land right now. But a large portion of fans don't enjoy it and as a long time supporter of MMA, it concerns me if this is the direction that the sport is heading.[/quote']

Then quit watching MMA and quit posting on these god damn forums. Sick and tired of hearing from you dumb ****ers who don't know a god damn thing about MMA.

And learn how to quote a god damn post. You some third world moron who is new to the internet?

He executed his game plan. Good for him. I respect him as a fighter. Doesn't stop it from being boring as hell though.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who steps into that cage' date=' whether they go out there to finish the fight or not. But as a fan, I just don't enjoy watching one guy dry **** another for 15 minutes while making no attempt to finish the fight. If you get your entertainment from watching one guy come out and do exactly what his coach told him to do, then good for you, you must be ******-land right now. But a large portion of fans don't enjoy it and as a long time supporter of MMA, it concerns me if this is the direction that the sport is heading.[/quote']

yeah i respect the guy and think he does a danagerous job but id rather see joe lauzon fight based on tonight.

isnt one of the objectives of the prelims to get people to buy the ppv? that would not encourage me

I have the utmost respect for anyone who steps into that cage' date=' whether they go out there to finish the fight or not. But as a fan, I just don't enjoy watching one guy dry **** another for 15 minutes while making no attempt to finish the fight. If you get your entertainment from watching one guy come out and do exactly what his coach told him to do, then good for you, you must be ******-land right now. But a large portion of fans don't enjoy it and as a long time supporter of MMA, it concerns me if this is the direction that the sport is heading.[/quote']

Sounds like the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu argument from years back.

"I didn't pay my money to watch a man dig into another mans legs and tap like a woman, where is my refund?"

The thing about MMA is that it's a culmination of different arts.

If a pure wrestler with zero striking comes in, sooner or later someone is going to murder that dude, but if he gets you to the ground, he's going to maul you, pretty or not.

It's just the way it is.

It's not the direction that MMA is going in, it's the direction it has been in.

Personally I would've made the pressing against the cage with a single leg a neutral position. As it is he was trying for a takedown, not a clinch against the cage, therefor Lentz wasn't exactly in the lead position he was going for.

Sure if Lentz released the leg and dirty boxed and worked the clinch then I would've given him the advantage in position. That not being the case I would consider it a neutral position since neither fighter is achieving their preferred position (Winner standing and striking and Lentz on the ground working).

Personally I would've made the pressing against the cage with a single leg a neutral position. As it is he was trying for a takedown' date=' not a clinch against the cage, therefor Lentz wasn't exactly in the lead position he was going for.

Sure if Lentz released the leg and dirty boxed and worked the clinch then I would've given him the advantage in position. That not being the case I would consider it a neutral position since neither fighter is achieving their preferred position (Winner standing and striking and Lentz on the ground working).[/quote']

i would say that aggression goes to lentz, effective grappling and octagon control to winner for keeping it standing and using the cage to stand back up and not sustaining damage. effective striking to winner, because lentz did nothing all fight long

Then quit watching MMA and quit posting on these god damn forums. Sick and tired of hearing from you dumb ****ers who don't know a god damn thing about MMA.

And learn how to quote a god damn post. You some third world moron who is new to the internet?

I'm a third world moron because of a typing error? Does someone have some sand in their ******?

You have no idea what I understand about MMA. I respect wrestlers who go out there to fight. Not to control and squeeze out a decision. You have no idea how much I understand of the grappling game. Whether it be in the clinch or on the ground. I just don't enjoy watching a fight where one fighter has the ability to control the other, but chooses to take minimal risks and squeeze out a decision rather than at least try to finish the fight.

Tell me what you enjoyed so much about that fight? Was it Lentz pulling hopelessly on Winner's legs for the majority of the fight, or was it Lentz patting Winner on the head in the last round? At what point did you feel a genuine sense of excitement which comes when you watch a sport that you love?

Seen as you loved the fight so much then I'm sure that one Google search will find you a whole world of videos where you can watch two sweaty men together grabbing and thrusting into one another. Although I'm sure this piece of advice is pointless as those kind of websites most likely occupy half of your bookmarks folder.

got full mount and did what with it???? and what RNC he had his back yeah but he never got near to any serious RNC

i'm not saying he did not win' date=' he did win

just saying he was going for the decsion and that made it boring[/quote']

He had a hooks-in rear naked choke in the last couple seconds of the fight.

And winner got out of the full mounts. So what? The full mount is still a finishing position. So He "tried to end the fight" 3 times.

His whole plan might have been to tire Winner out and finish him in the third. You just don't know.

He had a hooks-in rear naked choke in the last couple seconds of the fight.

And winner got out of the full mounts. So what? The full mount is still a finishing position. So He "tried to end the fight" 3 times.

His whole plan might have been to tire Winner out and finish him in the third. You just don't know.

The mount isn't a finishing position on it's own. A mount is just a position where the aggressor has complete control of the guy on the bottom. Lentz had complete control and the chance to attempt a finish in a variety of ways, but chose to hold on for a decision instead.

The mount isn't a finishing position on it's own. A mount is just a position where the aggressor has complete control of the guy on the bottom. Lentz had complete control and the chance to attempt a finish in a variety of ways' date=' but chose to hold on for a decision instead.[/quote']

The fight is finished if the a fighter cannot defend themselves. More people get finished from full mount than they do Guillotine chokes, percent-wise. As I said, you know jack **** about MMA.

The fight is finished if the a fighter cannot defend themselves. More people get finished from full mount than they do Guillotine chokes' date=' percent-wise. As I said, you know jack **** about MMA.[/quote']

As I said, Lentz had complete control over Winner, and with Winner's inability to completely defend himself, he had the chance to finish the fight with strikes if he wished too, or go for a variety of submission opportunities which would easily have been aided by Winner's tiredness.

Like I said, he had these opportunities. But did he take any of them? Did he try to exploit Winner's inability to defend strieks from all angles in order to entice the referee into stopping the fight? No. He lay there and landed a couple of half-hearted to slaps in order to make sure the ref couldn't stand him up.

Now, are you going to continue to insult and question my MMA knowledge like a ****, or are you going to accept that I actually know a lot more than you thought and rather than just being a meathead who likes to watch brawls, I'm actually just a genuine fan who didn't enjoy the fight at all.

Well first of all, it was a Preliminary match up. Therefore, it really doesn't mean anything for the card, or MMA. It was one ****ing fight, don't piss your pants because someone wrestled their way to a decision. I would rather see a boring fight wrestling, than a set up fight where a boxing champ beats a no name contender to keep his "undefeated" title. Just for the record, I love both boxing and MMA, but I recognize that MMA is anally raping boxing in size. Maybe people should learn to defend themselves against wrestlers. Just let it go man. Here's Joe Rogan, telling it like it is:

i thought lentz sucked. his performance was awful. he forced winner against the cage and had alot of trouble taking him down. he couldn't do any shoots mixed in with his striking. he just bent down hugging winner and it was pathetic. good fighters will make him look silly if he tries that on anyone of high level grappling. plus he's not even good on the ground or takedowns

Archived