Maynard

Hurzy

Congrats to Maynard for his win, but even as a wrestler, im really getting tired of him. People say that GSP, Kos, Rashad, or Fitch are boring fighters because they always go for the TD and dont do a thing after they get the fight to the ground, but at least the above mentioned fighters have somewhat of a standup game. I will admit that maynard has power, but he has absolutely no technique which only makes that power work against an opponent with no tech.

For anyone that will reply with a 'shut up Florian fan', I am not a Florian fan. I will admit that I like his style 80 percent of the time, but my favorite fighters in the LW division are Siver, Melendez, and Aoki...(but only because of the beauty of his BJJ).

IMO Maynard is the most boring fighter in the UFC. And this is coming from someone that has wrestled for his whole life.

aoki isn't a bjj fighter.... he's a jjj fighter

Nah, he's a Japanese fighter, but he's a black belt in BJJ. As far as I know, he doesn't have any belts in JJJ, but I could be wrong.

I don't mind Maynard that much, although he's not the worlds most interesting fighter. I think he gets more hate than he deserves where there are some worse "LnP" culprits than himself. I also disagree that he has no striking game. He's a good boxer with some pretty heavy hands. He just doesn't utilise it that much because his wrestling is so strong. That said, I don't think I'd particularly want him to be champion because the way we're headed, I think there's gonna be a lot of wrestlers holding belts in the near future and it's nice to have a bit of variety.

Maynard has great boxing' date=' both offensively and defensively. He just doesn't havekicks/knees/other stuff. just boxing/wrestling. Since he's like 34799387498273-0 in the UFC and the only guy to beat Edgar, I think he's done alright for hmself.[/quote']

Im not saying that he hasnt done well in MMA. His record speaks for itself. Dont get me wrong. I really appreciate fighters whos base are wrestling. I just dont think that there is a place in MMA for PURE wrestlers. I know that a lot of people wont agree with me, I cant stress this enough, but I have been wrestling my whole life and I still dont agree that anyone in MMA should stricly be working only for TD's. At least pull a GSP or Sonnen and work for some position or GnP.

But like I said before, Congrats to Maynard.

99 percent of the time I would chear for a wrestler in any MMA fight, but Im not going to lie; I dont want Maynard to win the belt...Ever.

aoki isn't a bjj fighter.... he's a jjj fighter

lol. I dont have a problem with Aoki. Ok he may have sucked it up against Melendez, but at least he takes it to the ground and works for something. I just dont like it when someone takes the fight to the ground because they cant do anything on their feet. AND on top of it, they cant do anything on the ground. I hate the term lay and prey, but Maynard(other than his BJJ defense) doesnt have any offense from the top position.

Enjoy Couture vs. Toney!!!

Archived