Sooooo how boring did the Lightweight division just become?

GreenCrack

Really ? But Really? every time a division losses a long time champion it gets better. That the reason MMA rocks.

Well this is how i see it. This sport is becoming overrun by these boring, yes BORING wrestlers. If this doesnt end quick I'll really consider just stop watching UWC

Well this is how i see it. This sport is becoming overrun by these boring' date=' yes BORING wrestlers. If this doesnt end quick I'll really consider just stop watching UWC[/quote']

Frankie does stand and fight, he just doesn't have the power to be flashy. But I agree.

They might as well get rid of the chain-linked fence, paint a big circle on the floor with a smaller circle in the middle, and have a ****ing wrestling match, because that's all Edgar vs Maynard 2 is going to be.

For the sake of the LW division, I hope I'm wrong.

Frankie does stand and fight' date=' he just doesn't have the power to be flashy. But I agree.

They might as well get rid of the chain-linked fence, paint a big circle on the floor with a smaller circle in the middle, and have a ****ing wrestling match, because that's all Edgar vs Maynard 2 is going to be.

For the sake of the LW division, I hope I'm wrong.[/quote']

You aren't. Maynard by UD...as always...

goodbye.jpg

Go watch K-1 and boxing exclusively then because wrestling isn't going anywhere. HTe problem is fighters need to get better at wrestling and at getting off their back or getting sub attempts. You want to stop a wrestler you need to stay off your back and don't let him control where and how the fight takes place. If you can't don't piss and moan about it.

I watch mma to see MIXED martial arts. Not wrestling.

it's an aspect of the sport. get over it.

It's the future of the sport at stake. Who cares who was right or wrong with their predictions' date=' there are a lot of pissed off people in Boston right now.[/quote']

the future of the sport is not at stake, stfu. wrestlers lose just as much. Did you watch King Mo last week? You need more than just wrestling and it gets proven time and time again.

It's the future of the sport at stake. Who cares who was right or wrong with their predictions' date=' there are a lot of pissed off people in Boston right now.[/quote']

Nonsense, the UFC will still sell out houses as they have and rake on PPV buys. The idea that wrestling is killing the sport is completely false. We loose some noobs then some new noobs come and take their place. Read this: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-ppvbiz021510

The sport is growing and will continue to grow. BLEE DAT!

So let me get this straight.

Frankie, Out strikes, out grapples and slams Penn, the "Greatest LW" on the planet, and you are calling him a boring fighter.

What would that make Penn, Sanchez, Joe Daddy etc? Corpses when in the ring?

You people will ***** about wrestlers even when they use it to keep it standing to pound out your heros.

Pathetic.

Edgar vs Maynard on ppv! What the hell is that? I MIGHT watch that on a fight night' date=' but only if I had absolutely nothing better to do. Way to go BJ..[/quote']

Your looking at it totally wrong. Edgar is also a great wrestler and uses it defensively. He's got the best shot in that division of keeping it standing against Maynard and beating his face in.

And yes i know he lost the first fight. But he's gotten better since then. BJ would just get lay and prayed like Florian did.

How boring did it get ? If anything it got more intresting were finally seeing Maynard get his title shot and not Florians shot for the third time. And the division is cracked wide open now that frankie defended his title agianst Bj.I personally dont think Edgar/Maynard 2 will be bad at all and it will most likely have a good card built around it for the nay-sayers. But i guess there will always be people complaining about wrestling and what not shamee..

not boring at all. i don"t care for lnp much but that really wasn"t displayed tonight. edgar and maynard used wrestling to their advantage. frankie didn"t just lay on top of bj he slammed him and got to work. not to mention he had great bjj defense and was throwing hands and using good footwork. that fight wasn't boring at all as frankie really did mix everything up and keep bj off balance. maynard used his wrestling to get it to the ground and use some gnp he had a game plan and stuck to it. florian and gray were just respectful of each others strengths and seemed to wait for the other to make a mistake and that's what made the fight a bit slow. wrestling is boring when its used to just stall but the wrestlers stayed busy tonight and had intentions to finish but their fighting the best so that's alot easier said than done.

Well this is how i see it. This sport is becoming overrun by these boring' date=' yes BORING wrestlers. If this doesnt end quick I'll really consider just stop watching UWC[/quote']

It was a good fight if u find boring the Edgar slam did on BJ then u watching the wrong sport .

Seriously it was a MMA fight with stand up , BJJ , and westling .

If u dont like BJJ and westling then u watching the wrong sport .

Edgar vs Maynard on ppv! What the hell is that? I MIGHT watch that on a fight night' date=' but only if I had absolutely nothing better to do. Way to go BJ..[/quote']

Watch boxing for a while and you'll be dying to watch any MMA fight. Why does GSP get praised for the worst LnP I've ever seen in my life, but Maynard and Edgar just does it periodically and then all the sudden MMA is wrestling. Sounds like major double standards. Watch GSP last few performances or boxing and then tell me that Maynard and Edgar would be boring.

Archived