MMA fans, give Toney his props

Alpha_Omega

And Edgar for that matter.

Honestly, he's a loud mouth, sloppy, out of shape guy who hasn't won a significant fight in years, yes. But he's a man. You got Mayweather, Hopkins and Taylor all trashing MMA, but unlike them, James was man enough to sign on the dotted line. Yes he looked like a noob, but he took a big risk that no other boxer (or MMA fighter boxing him) would. He at least deserves respect for that.

Never been a fan of Couture but hewon me over tonight.

And give Edgar his props too. He convincingly dominated BJ in a remaitch BJ didn't deserve to begin with imo

And Edgar for that matter.

Honestly' date=' he's a loud mouth, sloppy, out of shape guy who hasn't won a significant fight in years, yes. But he's a man. You got Mayweather, Hopkins and Taylor all trashing MMA, but unlike them, James was man enough to sign on the dotted line. Yes he looked like a noob, but he took a big risk that no other boxer (or MMA fighter boxing him) would. He at least deserves respect for that.

Never been a fan of Couture but hewon me over tonight.

And give Edgar his props too. He convincingly dominated BJ in a remaitch BJ didn't deserve to begin with imo[/quote']

Nice job giving Light Out a little respect AO. He does deserve some for having the balls to get in the cage. Anyhow hopefully he learns a little humility, and more importantly realizes how much more work he needs to not be embarrassed in the cage again. He's a proud guy, you have to think (even with his 3 remaining brain cells), that he's going to work harder if he plans to fight in the UFC again.

Toney made an absolute fool out of himself. I will give him no respect for being dumb enough to 'sign on the dotted line.' Stupidity does not earn respect.

This!

After all that trash talk and ignorance.... he got owned.

BLEE DAT.

dcent is probably in denial right now!

Don't worry, you won't get flamed too hard!

better trying and failing than not trying at all ..

That's not true.

Would you jump into the car at 8 years old if your parents let you? You've ridden in the car, and you've seen your parents drive, so you should be able to do it right? I would hope not, because you wouldn't, and you would crash.

The same goes for Toney on entering into a sport he knew nothing about, but 'thought' he could handle.

Props for doing nothing and getting a huge paycheck just because of your name!

Wait isn't this the reason people hated Lesnar for?

How does everything turn into a Lesnar discussion? People hate Lesnar because he acted like an **** and really hate his fans more than him.

And smh @ you mma fans not giving dude his props but everyone thought godly of Silva for wantig to box RJJ. Hypocrites. Toney manned up and took a big risk here... I hate the dude as much as you all, but if you understand what it is to be a man, you'd give him his props.

You'd give Silva his if he got KTFO by Roy.

How does everything turn into a Lesnar discussion? People hate Lesnar because he acted like an **** and really hate his fans more than him.

And smh @ you mma fans not giving dude his props but everyone thought godly of Silva for wantig to box RJJ. Hypocrites. Toney manned up and took a big risk here... I hate the dude as much as you all' date=' but if you understand what it is to be a man, you'd give him his props.[/quote']

I would give him props if he actually trained but he clearly didn't. He weighed 237lbs and got take down by an ankle trip.... he clearly didn't make an attempt at MMA he just wanted a quick paycheck. Check how much he usually weighs in for his fights when he actually works for them....

The only thing he gets credit for is taking the fight, that's it. If it wasn't for his loud mouth he would've been given someone he may actually have a 50% chance of defeating instead of 5%. I don't see him ever doing anything he's nothing more than an older Kimbo as far as his UFC future is concerned, well except Kimbo was far more humble.

That's not true.

Would you jump into the car at 8 years old if your parents let you? You've ridden in the car' date=' and you've seen your parents drive, so you should be able to do it right? I would hope not, because you wouldn't, and you would crash.

The same goes for Toney on entering into a sport he knew nothing about, but 'thought' he could handle.[/quote']

eh?

dunno bout you, but ive seen tons of 8yr olds wanting to drive cars............

ofcourse they wernt aloud ( smart ones ), but toney had the decission, he manned up and took it

i hate the guy, but people are forgetting, 6-9 months of training, and his first fight is a UFC legend who likes to beat people up on the ground?

come on stop acting like childs

saying that, i hope he goes back to boxing :)

I would give him props if he actually trained but he clearly didn't. He weighed 237lbs and got take down by an ankle trip.... he clearly didn't make an attempt at MMA he just wanted a quick paycheck.

I'm not getting all this "quick paycheck" nonsense. You all realize that he could make in 1 boxing match what he would make in 10 MMA fights?

eh?

dunno bout you' date=' but ive seen tons of 8yr olds wanting to drive cars............

ofcourse they wernt aloud ( smart ones ), but toney had the decission, he manned up and took it

i hate the guy, but people are forgetting, 6-9 months of training, and his first fight is a UFC legend who likes to beat people up on the ground?

come on stop acting like childs

saying that, i hope he goes back to boxing :)[/quote']

Once again, stupidity does not earn respect.

And smh @ you mma fans not giving dude his props but everyone thought godly of Silva for wantig to box RJJ. Hypocrites. Toney manned up and took a big risk here... I hate the dude as much as you all' date=' but if you understand what it is to be a man, you'd give him his props.

You'd give Silva his if he got KTFO by Roy.[/quote']

I actually would bet all my money on Roy Jones Jr in that one. I will say Toney is brave to step in there but honestly, I feel kind of cheated at just how horrible he looked. I've followed his boxing career and he has never looked this out of shape and I wonder if he took it serious at all really.

That's not true.

Would you jump into the car at 8 years old if your parents let you? You've ridden in the car' date=' and you've seen your parents drive, so you should be able to do it right? I would hope not, because you wouldn't, and you would crash.

The same goes for Toney on entering into a sport he knew nothing about, but 'thought' he could handle.[/quote']

He's got balls. That's about it.

Once again' date=' stupidity does not earn respect.

[/quote']

respect was not his goal,

proving boxing is better was, ofcourse he failed that hard.

hes a fighter, just like MMA guys. i dont see how him taking a fight makes his terribly stupid.

lots of people have lost, might not be as funny but a loss is a loss.

better to be stupid then a complete ***** when your a fighter

Bonus points for getting into the cage. Minus points for talking ****, being fat, showing his **** crack during weigh ins, and getting dominated. He should be cut. There are far superior heavy weight fighters trying to get into the UFC and it is unfair for the Kimbo's and Toney's to get second chances for being popular when they didnt even earn a first chance.

respect was not his goal

That's what the tread is about, Mr.Sausage. Whether or not he deserves respect.

I believe he does not, because he made himself look and sound incredibly stupid. He lacked the humility and respect for a sport that was not his, nor did he know anything about.

Coming from the coward hiding behind his keyboard

Let us know when your fight is so we can make fun of you.

Oh wait... you're not a fighter?

Then STFU

This post is so incredibly dumb, it's hard to even think of a response for it.

So UFC fans should not talk about UFC fights, and express their opinions on a UFC forum? Only fighters are permitted to post?

Please, go away. You're infecting this forum with a new level of stupidity that could destroy the planet.

PS: Randy Couture said almost the exact same thing(in a nicer way) about Toney that I did. So obviously my opinion is not without a very obvious justification.

This post is so incredibly dumb' date=' it's hard to even think of a response for it.

So UFC fans should not talk about UFC fights, and express their opinions on a UFC forum? Only fighters are permitted to post?

Please, go away. You're infecting this forum with a new level of stupidity that could destroy the planet.[/quote']

You fail hard

You can't even give credit where credit is due

Toney deserves a lot more respect than you do... Thats for damn sure

You fail hard

I normally will not bring this up, but you should know that I am one of the 'less than 1 percent' of Americans that have stepped up to defend my country in the Active Duty military. I know a lot about 'signing on the dotted line,' stepping up, and making a commitment. I have never asked for acknowledgment for what I have chosen to do, and try to avoid it normally, but you should really think before you type, and berate someone for their own opinion and status as a 'coward hiding behind a keyboard.'

I normally will not bring this up' date=' but you should know that I am one of the 'less than 1 percent' of Americans that have stepped up to defend my country in the Active Duty military. I know a lot about 'signing on the dotted line,' stepping up, and making a commitment. I have never asked for acknowledgment for what I have chosen to do, and try to avoid it normally, but you should really think before you type, and berate someone for their own opinion and status as a 'coward hiding behind a keyboard.'[/quote']

Thanks for being apart of "less than 1% of people" who actually think you're defending something. The War on Terror is a War on Freedom against the American people.

Think about it.

After you kill the last "terrorist", how many freedoms do you honestly believe Americans will have?

Thanks for being apart of "less than 1% of people" who actually think you're defending something. The War on Terror is a War on Freedom against the American people.

Think about it.

After you kill the last "terrorist"' date=' how many freedoms do you honestly believe Americans will have?[/quote']

Please, PM me if you truly wish to discuss politics. That's not what this forum is about.

I normally will not bring this up' date=' but you should know that I am one of the 'less than 1 percent' of Americans that have stepped up to defend my country in the Active Duty military. I know a lot about 'signing on the dotted line,' stepping up, and making a commitment. I have never asked for acknowledgment for what I have chosen to do, and try to avoid it normally, but you should really think before you type, and berate someone for their own opinion and status as a 'coward hiding behind a keyboard.'[/quote']

you're the fu*king man LT. i aggree with you completly. but i guess everyone with an opinion is a keyboard warrior

You fail hard

your telling me that a fat,slow and dumb boxer that talked crap about mma and how he was gonna beat up randy, then he gets humuiliated and he desrves my respect? i don't think so. if he wanted my respect he would of lost weight and got in shape, passed english class, trained longer and harder, and not talked up crap he couldn't back up. and the thing is he knew he couldn't back it up. either that or he is just a complete dumba$$. he didn't even know what mma gloves looked likee!

Think about it.

After you kill the last "terrorist"' date=' how many freedoms do you honestly believe Americans will have?[/quote']

WOW. so your saying that people who fly a plane into a building killing american citizens aren't terrorists??

WOW. so your saying that people who fly a plane into a building killing american citizens aren't terrorists??

If that's your opening statement to refuting what I'm saying then you've got a lot of research to do.

What I am saying, though, is that if you look at all the Facts surrounding the twin towers, building 7 (if you even know what that was), and the pentagon crash site, any person using logic would understand that these events were not orchestrated by people living in caves. And further that, the evidence and claims made by Government and the 9/11 commission have so many holes in their story it is unfathomable. Not to mention Bush and Cheney talking about 9/11 behind closed doors, together only, NOT under oath, with no reporters or transcripts PERIOD. You start to understand.

If you dig past all the pain and suffering of the lives lost, and look at what has been gained and which corporations made what money off the death of middle/lower class soldiers, and what freedoms you and I lose every day, you'd understand that this "war" is not only a complete fraud but unconstitutional by definition.

Thanks for reading, I no longer wish to discuss the matter unless you bring any new information into this topic.

Archived