anyone who's paid attention knows

Furiousmat

that I don't like BJ Penn. I don't like his attitude cuz he whines too much and all....

And seriously, at the beginning of the fight, I was rooting for Edgar. But as the fight went on I slowly started changing side and ended up wishing that BJ would pull that win.

BJ is a freagin immature kid and always whines like one. But I never denied that he had great skills. It just pisses me off to see that he doesn't have the discipline to work like a real champ. As a matter of fact, he hasn't improved in years.. And now he gets outclassed by.. Edgar..

Seriously.. Did Edgar do ANY damage tonight? It pains me to see that he is now the new LW champ.. I Mean.. The man we saw running around tonight is the champ? What the hell was that. By the middle of the 2nd round I just accepted the fact that even though he was faster than BJ and was landing more shots, he had absolutely no power in his hands.. Nothing he did actually even came close to generate 1/4 of the power needed to knock down BJ.. or anyone... He did 0 sub attempts, when he went on the ground, most of the time, he didn't do **** and BJ was able to scramble back to his feet. I mean.. Props for defending his back in that 4th round.. but that's all..

Not only did Frankie NOT try to finish the fight, but he just couldn't... no power, no subs.... all he has is his energy and speed... which he uses to jump around.

Edgar did win that fight.. But he was the best example of what BJ described in that article I read today on this forum.. When he said that there were guys who don't even wish to finish the fight, they just work on "not losing".

I'm not disputing the decision.. it was obvious.. but jeez what a lame champ we've got.

edit:

I mean.. when Anderson Sivla danced around Demian Maia, and just didn,t want to go to the ground, it sure was a kind of game plan that is used to "not lose". But At least, his plan to move around and hit the guy sporadically was efficient and made Demian's face a mess. He actually did some serious damage and truely outclassed his opponent. What Frankie did tonight was just.. landing paws here and there.. almost just hand slaps. and moving out.. Damn this sucks.

yess...go on...............?

Well somehow Frankie Edgar defeated a fighter I really don't like twice and I still don't feel that he's worthy of the title.. That's my point. I think he's a joke. And it's a shame that a fighter like BJ should lose his gold to a guy like Frankie. That's my point. it just sucks.

i dont think ive ever seen a thread or even a post from you. so why do you think everyone knows you hate penn? no one gives a danm

well you certainly have seen a post but you didn't pay attention. As you can see in the title, it was a requirement if you expected to know that I didn't like Penn. And wether you care or not who I don't like isn't the point.

that I don't like BJ Penn. I don't like his attitude cuz he whines too much and all....

And seriously' date=' at the beginning of the fight, I was rooting for Edgar. But as the fight went on I slowly started changing side and ended up wishing that BJ would pull that win.

BJ is a freagin immature kid and always whines like one. But I never denied that he had great skills. It just pisses me off to see that he doesn't have the discipline to work like a real champ. As a matter of fact, he hasn't improved in years.. And now he gets outclassed by.. Edgar..

Seriously.. Did Edgar do ANY damage tonight? It pains me to see that he is now the new LW champ.. I Mean.. The man we saw running around tonight is the champ? What the hell was that. By the middle of the 2nd round I just accepted the fact that even though he was faster than BJ and was landing more shots, he had absolutely no power in his hands.. Nothing he did actually even came close to generate 1/4 of the power needed to knock down BJ.. or anyone... He did 0 sub attempts, when he went on the ground, most of the time, he didn't do **** and BJ was able to scramble back to his feet. I mean.. Props for defending his back in that 4th round.. but that's all..

Not only did Frankie NOT try to finish the fight, but he just couldn't... no power, no subs.... all he has is his energy and speed... which he uses to jump around.

Edgar did win that fight.. But he was the best example of what BJ described in that article I read today on this forum.. When he said that there were guys who don't even wish to finish the fight, they just work on "not losing".

I'm not disputing the decision.. it was obvious.. but jeez what a lame champ we've got.

edit:

I mean.. when Anderson Sivla danced around Demian Maia, and just didn,t want to go to the ground, it sure was a kind of game plan that is used to "not lose". But At least, his plan to move around and hit the guy sporadically was efficient and made Demian's face a mess. He actually did some serious damage and truely outclassed his opponent. What Frankie did tonight was just.. landing paws here and there.. almost just hand slaps. and moving out.. Damn this sucks.[/quote']

Come on, by dissing Frankie, you are dissing BJ way more for losing to him. They both fought a tough fight. No one is going into the cage to lose, the fighters do their best!

Come on' date=' by dissing Frankie, you are dissing BJ way more for losing to him. They both fought a tough fight. No one is going into the cage to lose, the fighters do their best![/quote']

It is not really dissing Edgar he just doesn't seem like champ material comparing him to people like GSP and Silva.

And seriously' date=' at the beginning of the fight, I was rooting for Edgar. But as the fight went on I slowly started changing side and ended up wishing that BJ would pull that win.

edit:

I mean.. when Anderson Sivla danced around Demian Maia, and just didn,t want to go to the ground, it sure was a kind of game plan that is used to "not lose". But At least, his plan to move around and hit the guy sporadically was efficient and made Demian's face a mess. He actually did some serious damage and truely outclassed his opponent. What Frankie did tonight was just.. landing paws here and there.. almost just hand slaps. and moving out.. Damn this sucks.[/quote']

Spot on right there dude. I agree. I don't really like Edgar or Penn, but I just wish Edgar would fight like he's the best if he really is.

does BJ even want to be a fighter anymore? how does he go from having cardio in his previous 4 LW fights to looking gassed in the 3rd round...lazy ****...

lol he said on ESPN that he was overtraining for his previous fights and he rested his body and mind more...guess he rested (lazy) too much...

edit:

You're right, but also BJ did nothing too. He just stood there trying to counter attack instead of attacking. Thats how Gray Maynard beat Edgar. I mean look at Maynard tonight as well, did nothing but secure takedowns. Kenny would have won the fight had Gray chose to stand up, but didnt, waited til the last few seconds then takedown.

And now Maynard(I wait for the last minute to score a takedown) vs Edgar, where are all the finishers of the 155lbs division?

You're right' date=' but also BJ did nothing too. He just stood there trying to counter attack instead of attacking. Thats how Gray Maynard beat Edgar. I mean look at Maynard tonight as well, did nothing but secure takedowns. Kenny would have won the fight had Gray chose to stand up, but didnt, waited til the last few seconds then takedown.

And now Maynard(I wait for the last minute to score a takedown) vs Edgar, [b']where are all the finishers of the 155lbs division?[/b]

lol...they (BJ and KenFlo) are losing decisions...

Not only did Frankie NOT try to finish the fight' date=' but he just couldn't... no power, no subs.... all he has is his energy and speed... which he uses to jump around..[/quote']

Lightweights aren't knockout artists. Penn got dominated by Edgar tonight. The energy and speed is why I love the lightweight division. Don't get me wrong, I love a good knockout, but energy and speed is what all the lower weight classes have, and I love it.

welcome to the edgar era baby!

looks like baby BJ didnt get his bottle back.

Edgar totally dominated Penn....but I think Maynard would beat Edgar again. His wrestling is better than Edgar's and I know he won't try to strike with him after these 2 wins over Penn

Archived