Did Toney say "I give"?

Pessimist_Pete

Hi i am pete.

I thought at one point in the fight' date=' Randy looked up at the ref and said "he is saying he gives." Nothing happened and the ref allowed Randy to continue to fight.

Did anyone else see this?

Odd.[/quote']

Randy pretty much confirmed this in his post fight interview on MMA LIVE.

No' date=' he tapped out. About a minute before he tapped, he was saying "I give, I give" And Randy tried to point this out to the ref, but the ref must not have heard him.[/quote']

Thanks bro. I laughed when i heard this crap. I was hoping it was true though.

Personally looked like the choke wasn't tight enough. I mean' date=' come on. We all know you have to rotate around the axis of the choke

The fence was in the damn way. As soon as he let it go, got a body's width away from the fence, and went it again, it was over[/quote']

I think you posted in the wrong thread. Nobody is talking about whether the choke was tight enough.

Bro. Did you watch the fight? He tapped out.

My point is that about 45 seconds before he tapped' date=' he was saying "I give I give" and Randy told the ref "he is saying I give" but the ref just stood there[/quote']

What exactly is the Ref supposed to do?? Take Randy's word for it?

We just had a fiasco with Yves Lavigne stopping the Wiman/Danzig fight because Wiman said Danzig was out when he wasn't.

I really doubt Randy would lie that Toney said that .. but Yamasaki did the right thin it waiting.

If you watch again you can hear Randy (i'm pretty sure) telling Toney "You know, why don't you tap out" haha

The Ref most likely could not understand what Toney was saying.

Not only does he sound borderline retarded' date=' but he had Couture's arms cutting off his already badly abused oxygen supply.[/quote']

Too many shots to the head in boxing. When he was younger and smaller you could understand him, but once he got older and went HW, he's been a mess.

Bro. Did you watch the fight? He tapped out.

My point is that about 45 seconds before he tapped' date=' he was saying "I give I give" and Randy told the ref "he is saying I give" but the ref just stood there[/quote']

Lol.. yes i did watch the fight and sorry but he never physically tapped, he waved it off to the ref instead of tapping. Rewatch the fight man

you guys need to get it straight. he was waving to the camera to let everyone know he was ok. the fight was stopped to early.

Finally someone who really saw what happened. Not only was Toney waving to let everyone know he's ok, if you watch closely you'll see that Toney is about to reverse Randys choke attempt into a plumber crack-choke. Toney just wanted to show the fans that he was in control and therefore waved to the fans just before he was going to execute the transition.

Unfortunately Yamasaki misunderstood and stopped the fight.

Finally someone who really saw what happened. Not only was Toney waving to let everyone know he's ok' date=' if you watch closely you'll see that Toney is about to reverse Randys choke attempt into a plumber crack-choke. Toney just wanted to show the fans that he was in control and therefore waved to the fans just before he was going to execute the transition. Unfortunately Yamasaki misunderstood and stopped the fight.[/quote']

hahahahaha, thanks dude

Archived