Why cant Hughes, Penn, Liddell and Couture keep up with the top guys in the UFC?

qaz

hughes won his last fight against a top notch guy so don't quite agree with that. penns been beating the top contenders since his return to lightweight so he does keep up. frankie just seemed to have bj's number. liddell is past him prime. plain and simple even though i had him winning has last fight up until the ko. you cant expect to win when you drop your hands after you swing with a good striker. great fighter but there's only so many shots you can take before time catches up with you. and couture is older. in great shape and on a 3 fight win streak. i think brandon vera is a top guy when he's got his head straight. randy just made him fight his fight even though it was rather boring a win is a win. his other 2 wins are kinda gimme's but randy is still a competitor because his experience and conditioning.

hughes won his last fight against a top notch guy so don't quite agree with that. penns been beating the top contenders since his return to lightweight so he does keep up. frankie just seemed to have bj's number. liddell is past him prime. plain and simple even though i had him winning has last fight up until the ko. you cant expect to win when you drop your hands after you swing with a good striker. great fighter but there's only so many shots you can take before time catches up with you. and couture is older. in great shape and on a 3 fight win streak. i think brandon vera is a top guy when he's got his head straight. randy just made him fight his fight even though it was rather boring a win is a win. his other 2 wins are kinda gimme's but randy is still a competitor because his experience and conditioning.

well said. This pretty much sums it up.

Hughes should still be ranked at WW I don't know why he isn't.

Couture will be ranked at LHW mark my words and yes with his dirty boxing he would tool Rashad if he tried that Wall n Stall ******** on him.

Liddell is still a great fighter and if Rampage hadn't annihilated his chin he would still probably be ranked but he isn't.

BJ just lost the title a little while ago and is still easily top 3 LW in the UFC at least top 5 in mma.

Archived