Immediate rematch for Toney??

Jamhet

James fought very well and got out of the most deadly submissions by Randy twice, right. His sub defence was surprisingly good, and he was very calm on the ground, didn't exert too much energy on unneccesary movement. His BJJ skills are up there with any fighter in MMA. Only his takedown defence needs improvement.

What also impressed me was that Toney was able to avoid getting kicked. He showed class and deserves an immediate rematch.

He fought an ex-champ in his MMA debut. He did awesome.

Randy-Couture-vs-James-Toney-1.jpg

James fought very well and got out of the most deadly submissions by Randy twice' date=' right. His sub defence was surprisingly good, and he was very calm on the ground, didn't exert too much energy on unneccesary movement. His BJJ skills are up there with any fighter in MMA. Only his takedown defence needs improvement.

What also impressed me was that Toney was able to avoid getting kicked. He showed class and deserves an immediate rematch.

Come on, he fought an ex-champ in his MMA debut. He did awesome.

[img']http://www.dailyfreshnews.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Randy-Couture-vs-James-Toney-1.jpg[/img]

lol.... beautiful

seems reasonable to me.

but as a leader of the randy couture bandwagon I have to say that randy will win again.

BLEE DAT!

lol I really don't know if I should take this seriously. I think Kimbo Slice vs. James Toney would be a good fight. They both are strong meat heads that gas really fast.

The perfect matchup. Two overrated punching bags with more mouth than punch in the octagon. UFC 125: Toney vs Slice, Special Olympics edition.

James Toney should coach a season of TUF

Hahahaha!

"Dude, whatch you doin there?!? Don't roll on da ground, yo, he ain't gonna get you down if you got that uppercut ready. Stand and bang, come on. No side leg choke please, I ain't wanna none of that. Swing your arms, kid."

James fought very well and got out of the most deadly submissions by Randy twice' date=' right. His sub defence was surprisingly good, and he was very calm on the ground, didn't exert too much energy on unneccesary movement. His BJJ skills are up there with any fighter in MMA. Only his takedown defence needs improvement.

He fought an ex-champ in his MMA debut. He did awesome.

[img']http://www.dailyfreshnews.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Randy-Couture-vs-James-Toney-1.jpg[/img]

Please tell me you were drunk and tripping balls when you said his BJJ skills were comparable to any Mixed Martial Artist? His sub defense was not good at all. The only sub he got out of is when Randy was half assedly trying to Arm Triangle with him still posted up against the fence. That's not even a submission that is taught by anybody. The second he was in a real submission he was done. And he didn't use unnecessary movement because he didn't move at all when he was on his back. And..., how does talking all the **** about being the best fighter ever, then getting taken down in 15 seconds, pounded on, then subbed in under 3 minutes constitute as doing awesome? Toney doesn't belong in MMA. He will never win against anybody that doesn't try to Box with him. Toney is a great Boxer, weak fighter, BLEE DAT!!!

Please tell me you were drunk and tripping balls when you said his BJJ skills were comparable to any Mixed Martial Artist? His sub defense was not good at all. The only sub he got out of is when Randy was half assedly trying to Arm Triangle with him still posted up against the fence. That's not even a submission that is taught by anybody. The second he was in a real submission he was done. And he didn't use unnecessary movement because he didn't move at all when he was on his back. And...' date=' how does talking all the **** about being the best fighter ever, then getting taken down in 15 seconds, pounded on, then subbed in under 3 minutes constitute as doing awesome? Toney doesn't belong in MMA. He will never win against anybody that doesn't try to Box with him. Toney is a great Boxer, weak fighter, BLEE DAT!!![/quote']

:rolleyes: Nuff said

So true' date=' james toney dominated on the feet before he obviously slipped[/quote']

And Randy getting hold of the ankle didn't help the slip at all did it? I'm telling ya, those ****ing logos painted in the octagon gotta go. That is what he slipped on, right?

And Randy getting hold of the ankle didn't help the slip at all did it? I'm telling ya' date=' those ****ing logos painted in the octagon gotta go. That is what he slipped on, right?[/quote']

Damn right! Its a safety hazard and denied the greatest boxer of all time!

Anyway, Is Toney cut yet or does he have another fight? i want to see Barry destroy him Via Leg kicks

Damn right! Its a safety hazard and denied the greatest boxer of all time!

Anyway' date=' Is Toney cut yet or does he have another fight? i want to see Barry destroy him Via Leg kicks[/quote']

I think he cut himself so he can go get beat in a Boxing match next year. I personally want to see him get in there with Cheick Kongo, as long as he comes in not all pissed off and doing dumb **** like he did against Mir and he doesn't feel the need to take Toney down, like he did in his last fight. Kongo with his kicks, Muay Thai and that mean streak, as long as he's not flustered into rushing himself, would be the death of Toney, literally.

I was suprised to see James take a Royce Gracie kind of gameplan. He had his hands in a position where he wasnt thinking about striking, and just waited for the perfect oppertunity to pull guard. He was unlucky, he got caught in the same fashion Fedor got caught.

Toney will be back, maybe since him and Fedor are both coming off first round submission losses to similar ranked fighters (Couture and Werdum) they should fight now.

Toney vs Fedor?

I think Fedors sloppyness against submissions would be his downfall in that fight

I was suprised to see James take a Royce Gracie kind of gameplan. He had his hands in a position where he wasnt thinking about striking' date=' and just waited for the perfect oppertunity to pull guard.[/b'] He was unlucky, he got caught in the same fashion Fedor got caught.

Toney will be back, maybe since him and Fedor are both coming off first round submission losses to similar ranked fighters (Couture and Werdum) they should fight now.

Toney vs Fedor?

I think Fedors sloppyness against submissions would be his downfall in that fight

I'm actually really surprised that Toney didn't skip pulling guard altogether and apply the rolling knee bar?

I was suprised to see James take a Royce Gracie kind of gameplan. He had his hands in a position where he wasnt thinking about striking' date=' and just waited for the perfect oppertunity to pull guard. He was unlucky, he got caught in the same fashion Fedor got caught.

Toney vs Fedor?

I think Fedors sloppyness against submissions would be his downfall in that fight[/quote']

Is this you indirectly making fun of Big Nogs BJJ?

For the sole reason of giving Couture another easy match-up(to make him even more prepared for when he inevitably will meet a worthy opponent, gotta nurture our legends!) while at the same time getting to see how how Toney will talk himself out of his humiliating loss I have to agree that we really need a re-match =P

Toney vs Al Turk to determine the No1 P4P best Sambo dancer!

Al Turk via his incredible good looks

After the fight would have started they both would immediately pull guard and wait for the other guy to engage lying there on the floor opposite each other, looking at each other from between their legs.

Please tell me you were drunk and tripping balls when you said his BJJ skills were comparable to any Mixed Martial Artist? His sub defense was not good at all. The only sub he got out of is when Randy was half assedly trying to Arm Triangle with him still posted up against the fence. That's not even a submission that is taught by anybody. The second he was in a real submission he was done. And he didn't use unnecessary movement because he didn't move at all when he was on his back. And...' date=' how does talking all the **** about being the best fighter ever, then getting taken down in 15 seconds, pounded on, then subbed in under 3 minutes constitute as doing awesome? Toney doesn't belong in MMA. He will never win against anybody that doesn't try to Box with him. Toney is a great Boxer, weak fighter, BLEE DAT!!![/quote']

The point ....

is lost on this guy.

thank u

Archived