MMA VS BOXING is tied 1-1

Shady_Champ

How soon we forget about Ray Mercer's 9 second KO of former UFC HW Champion Tim Sylvia. Mercer was a great champion and Sylvia' date=' like him or not was a legit Multiple time HW champion. So that makes the score card 1-1. Discuss[/quote']

there alot of boxers turned mma, doesnt make sense to say mma vs boxing since every mma fighter trains in boxing, it was all hype for the fight. davis who fought nate diaz was boxer turned mma fighter...etc

Tim and Mercer agreed to keep it on the feet so shouldn't really count. Fact is, you can bring any of the boxers over to MMA and they can't do squat. Even if they connect with a few punches they don't have some miracle KO power.... Mercers KO punch isn't even used in boxing anymore.

Kimbo crushed Mercer bud ;)

Also' date=' Butterbean fights MMA and is 12-7.

Doesn't that mean the scorecard is 9-13 in favor of boxing? ;)[/quote']

there alot of boxers turned mma' date=' doesnt make sense to say mma vs boxing since every mma fighter trains in boxing, it was all hype for the fight. davis who fought nate diaz was boxer turned mma fighter...etc[/quote']

I'm talking big boxers and big MMA fighters. Kimbo isn't considered MMA IMO. He just fought Ray under MMA rules and butterbean is a toughman guy not a boxer. Davis did box but he wasn't anybody. Does anyone recall hearing of him before TUF? So as I stated before Its tied 1 - 1

I'm talking big boxers and big MMA fighters. Kimbo isn't considered MMA IMO. He just fought Ray under MMA rules and butterbean is a toughman guy not a boxer. Davis did box but he wasn't anybody. Does anyone recall hearing of him before TUF? So as I stated before Its tied 1 - 1

What about Antonio Inoki vs. Muhammad Ali? :)

Nope. MMA 2, Boxing 1. Slice was not a Mixed Martial Artist, not even a good fighter, but Mercer did lose under MMA rules. So the way it should read is, 2 boxers have last in MMA, while only 1 has won. MMA 2, Boxing 1.

Archived