Now That BJ Penn Is Old And Washed Up And Passed His Prime...

Guessue24

i don't think he's washed up.frankie just have the perfect game plan and exposed the weakness of bj.if bj fights gray' date='i'm sure bj will win.[/quote']

Exactly, styles make fights. Edgar is too fast for BJ, Maynard is too strong for Edgar and BJ is just plain too good for Maynard.... BJ can get his belt back if Maynard beats Edgard. Is BJ out of his prime? Possibly but it could also be that Frankie was always just faster than BJ... I suppose it remains to be seen as to how BJ handles other fights that he surely could of won if he was in his prime. At this point it is definitely a bit unfair to just say BJ (the best LW of all time) is washed up just because he loses once (well twice but to the same guy so it only really counts as once to me).

i think they are too butt hurt..... hahaha..... i want to hear there cheesy excuses tho..... aint it funny how there boy gets owned AGAIN and they go into hiding...... LOVE IT

i bet 10 people on a sig bet on this fight and only 3 of them have shown their faces lol and i bet 1 person that maynard would be florian

washed up just because he loses once (well twice but to the same guy so it only really counts as once to me).

this is just plain stupid. he lost twice, but you only count it as once? if i beat you up 6 times, take a wild guess how many times i've beaten you up? 6 times.

I dont know ....BJ just didnt seem to have his heart into it. Maybe it was just me but he had that far away look in his eyes the whole damn fight. His body might have been in the Oct, But his mind was surfing a Wave on the island.

I dont know, do you guys think that due to his age that he just cant cut the wieght anymore. Ive seen many fighters both in the UFC and Boxing that at a certain age they just cant cut the pounds and rebound the way they use to.

Not taking anything away from the young energizer bunny he never quit once but that just wasnt the BJ I know in that fight last night.

10-6-1 in the UFC... is this HoF material?

I mean I know BJ had great potential and was very promising a while ago.. But when we look at the fact and at how his carreer went down, is he really a hall of famer? We all know he could have been a great fighter, instead of this he was lazy and just turned out to be a good fighter. His fans made him the legend he is, not his actual achievements.

10-6-1 in the UFC... is this HoF material?

I mean I know BJ had great potential and was very promising a while ago.. But when we look at the fact and at how his carreer went down' date=' is he really a hall of famer? We all know he could have been a great fighter, instead of this he was lazy and just turned out to be a good fighter. His fans made him the legend he is, not his actual achievements.[/quote']

your joking right

your joking right

not even close.

BJ's like the rabbit that gets outrunned by the turtle cuz even though he's so fast he just sleeps all day while the turtle walks steady towards its goal.

In other words, BJ is indeed one of the most naturally skilled fighters. But his lack of discipline and will to be the best he can be made him lose to a lesser fighter, and I don't see him coming back from this. Is he gonna be LW champ?

No let's be fair. He's still got some good stuff behind him. But if he was anything like a serious and mature professionnal, he would also have some great stuff ahead of him.

Yeah.. he probly is a potential HoF. That's only cuz the HoF actually let some irrelevent dudes in in the past. Guys from the old time. But I see BJ more as a fighter of the new school, and in these terms, he isn't anything exceptionnal.. Look at his score since he came back to the UFC.. really nothing to be impressed with.

Archived