bj penn needs to change fight camps

fivetonninja

after that awful performance he needs to in order to save his career. Im sure everyone appreciates what rudy v and all the other guys did for him, but there just not pushing him anymore.. he probably makes the calls. If BJ stil cares about his career he should take andersons offer and just go to black house already. Big islands to cruise for him LnL be sponsoring him free locomoco's and heineken be giving him free green bottles

after that awful performance he needs to in order to save his career. Im sure everyone appreciates what rudy v and all the other guys did for him' date=' but there just not pushing him anymore.. he probably makes the calls. If BJ stil cares about his career he should take andersons offer and just go to black house already. Big islands to cruise for him LnL be sponsoring him free locomoco's and heineken be giving him free green bottles[/quote']

BJ has been brainwashed by his brother JD. They constantly tell BJ he is the best and they keep the business within the family. His brother is using and manipulating him

BJ has been brainwashed by his brother JD. They constantly tell BJ he is the best and they keep the business within the family. His brother is using and manipulating him

i guess so man cause idk what hes been doing lately... all those footages from the countdown must have been extra clips from the diego countdown cause nobody saw that BJ Penn today. The most fustrating thing was he didnt even try!

That fight was a disappointment.

BJ didn't look like he was in it to win, just survive.

And his corner gave him no motivation whatsoever, which was surprising seeing as he basically got dominated every single round.

No, "You've got to finish him here BJ". Or, "We need you to be more aggressive".

He just stood there...

I don't think I'll ever be rooting for Penn again after that performance.

Bj looked damn sloppy and as though he didnt want to win it from the outset, exactly how he looked in his last fight with FE. Absolutely gutting to see someone of his calibre lose interest to the point where he lets someone who's clearly less powerful than him manhandle him on the ground. His corner are a shambles and he really needs to wake up, smell the coffee and go back to whoever his training camp used to be as the current ones doing him no favours. I really hope he can get back on track as ive already said it'd be a massive waste of talent if this is the way hes going to carry on, not to mention the waste of his career !

I am a big BJ fan, and I was extremely disappointed with how he fought, too... He just doesn't look like he has the passion or the heart... What was even more disappointing is he talked all that hype about how he's been "reborn," only to fight the same if not worse than he did in Abu Dhabi... I do agree Penn needs to go to a camp that will push him because his corner was crap last night. It's like they relied on his talent alone win the fight... No strategy, no game plan, and that just isn't good enough. How many more times does BJ Penn need to be "reborn, rejuvinated, refocused?"

On the other hand, Frankie Edgar looked much better than he did the first fight. He outclassed Penn, and he definitely is the undisputed champ...

JD Penn is a total yes man and I have no idea what qualifies him to be in the corner of a top level mma fighter other than his genes. BJ needs people who will kick his **** not kiss his **** and needs either to take the sport seriously and get a REAL CAMP or retire. Unless he'll be happy being #2 or worse and I highly doubt that. How in the world he can use the exact same fight plan as he lost the first fight with is beyond me. It was clear in the first fight that he couldn't out box Edgar, yet for the most part he tried to do it again. His best moments last night I thought were on the ground so why not go for take downs? Even if they weren't effective they might at least have opened up some striking possibilities.

In short, BJ is just no longer the guy with the fastest hands and feet in the division, and after that fight, I just think if they fought 10 times, Frankie would win 9.

I for one don't care to see BJ Penn as a gatekeeper in the lightweight division. I would much rather see him take some WW or catchweight "super" fights to end his career, much like guys like Franklin, Hughes, and Couture have done. He has earned his place as history's best LW, but with the new blood getting better, and him starting to slow, it is time for him to step down as the division dominator and cash in on the name he has made for himself with big time fights.

BJ/Gomi is looking real nice right now!

But who knows, Maybe a switch to Blackhouse for training could reinvigorate him, but with Frankie's speed and footwork his style is just the perfect foil for BJ.

NJ got completely out classed. Frankie picked him apart on the feet' date=' and dominated him on the ground. BJ really needs to do something go back and rethink everything. As it looks right now Frankie would beat BJ 99% pf the time IMO.[/quote']

I wouldn't say Frankie dominated on the ground, BJ had him in several comprimising sub positions but Frankie did enough to defend, I would think the grappling was basically a stalemate overall, neither couild gain a clear ground advantage.

Frankie won that fight on the feet, and with a few well timed and placed TD's

I agree BJ should consider changing camps. He has completely lost his agressiveness. The few time he actually tried to do something he scored take downs. Now if he had started out fighting that way maybe he slows Edgar down a little bit. 9 times out of ten the more agressive fighter gets the results. I think some of these guys out think themselves instead of just going for it. BJ looks like he has lost motivation and a new camp could help him.

I think Florian fell into the same thing last night. He just didn't go for anything, he tried to hard to stick to a game plan. When Ken Flo really goes for his stuff is is hard to beat, but sometimes he gets into this funk and over thinks things.

Archived