Captain America in with a title shot ?

Axel39

Let's be honest

randy couture isn't getting any younger

but hes still got it.

does this fight put him in any kind of contendership ?

at light heavyweight, or heavyweight?

who would they put infront of him next ?

Personally, i think randy could still compete for the title,

and be victorious,

opinions ?

As much as I am a fan of Couture' date=' beating Mark Coleman then James Toney shouldn't put him in line for anything. Beat a couple contenders at LHW then sure.[/quote']

I agree he definitely needs to beat some contenders! i thought he was gonna fight some top fighters after the vera fight but i was wrong.

I agree and there was a thread about Randy fighting Rashad for the next contender at LHW. And thought that was a brilliant idea. Since Shogun will be out until next summer.

Now that I would love to see. Rashad would never take the fight though. Couture would man handle him and take away his #1 contender status.

Here's the thing

Rashad, i love him,

but theres a good chance

hell lose against shogun,

and since shogun wont be back for a while,

i think it is a good idea

to do couture vs evans,

definately a lot of people would be going crazy for that one

Yeah' date=' but if couture was to take away rashads #1 contender status,

do you guys honestly think he could compete with shogun?

now hes good,

but i dont think hes that good...[/quote']

Oh yeah could compete with Shogun and give him a real hard time. He may not win but Randy comes to fight, win, lose or draw which is one of the things I respect most about him and he is still evolving as a fighter. He comes up with great game plans and may find a way to shut down Shogun or Rashad or any fighter he faces. He is a threat to anyone with out a doubt.

coutures win over toney shoulndt even coount. Anyone in the heavyweight division could ve beating toney . Did you see how easy was to full mount toney with a 101 take down

No other ufc fighter woulve been taking down by couture with that technique. Even couture himself said in the interview that he used the most basic takedown technique and it worked.

Hell even couture said it himself that most mma fighters dont use that tecnique because anyone with some ground knowledge wouldve been able to stop it

As far as I know the only respectable fighter couture has beating in the LHW so far is vera. Then again , vera got destroyed by jones who hasnt even fought a top 5 so far

Let's be honest

randy couture isn't getting any younger

but hes still got it.

does this fight put him in any kind of contendership ?

at light heavyweight' date=' or heavyweight?

who would they put infront of him next ?

Personally, i think randy could still compete for the title,

and be victorious,

opinions ?[/quote']

Seriously dude??? You were thinking this after he beat James Toney and all of a sudden he deserves a shot at the title???

Archived