So Diaz calls out Maynard...hmmm

dimension33

Sorry if this has been talked to death already...but I am surprised none of the reporters followed up with Maynard on Nate's comment that he wants Gray before his title shot and that "He couldnt do that to me" line....We all know Nate is at welterweight....but did he see something in Mayanrd and Edgar that made him feel that he could hold the lightweight belt...his style is so unique(well with the exception that he fights identical to his brother...but we'll blame that on DNA)...its like when he throws a hook he hits you with the wrist side of his hand instead of the knuckle side....and he obviously knows how to frustrate people in the ring...and take a few shots doing it

Sorry if this has been talked to death already...but I am surprised none of the reporters followed up with Maynard on Nate's comment that he wants Gray before his title shot and that "He couldnt do that to me" line....We all know Nate is at welterweight....but did he see something in Mayanrd and Edgar that made him feel that he could hold the lightweight belt...his style is so unique(well with the exception that he fights identical to his brother...but we'll blame that on DNA)...its like when he throws a hook he hits you with the wrist side of his hand instead of the knuckle side....and he obviously knows how to frustrate people in the ring...and take a few shots doing it

Maynard has already defeated Diaz. Maynard is passed due for the Title shot and there is no way that fight happens until Maynard / Edgar + possible rematch. Diaz is sore at losing against Maynard so I don't blame him for trying to call Maynard out, but that fight is totally out of the question and that's why reporters and everyone else is ignoring it. It should have never been said.

SHOOT...thanks for owning me bra...I TOTALLY forgot about Diaz vs Maynard one....so that makes Nate's comment absolutely retarded and more likely just what I like to call" Diaz Angst"...I had to at least coin a new term if your gonna make me look like an idiot...but thanks for being respectful about it...=).James Moss 1...Dimension 0

Maynard has already defeated Diaz. Maynard is passed due for the Title shot and there is no way that fight happens until Maynard / Edgar + possible rematch. Diaz is sore at losing against Maynard so I don't blame him for trying to call Maynard out' date=' but that fight is totally out of the question and that's why reporters and everyone else is ignoring it. It should have never been said.[/quote']

Nate beat Maynard on TUF first, then a split decision in the second fight. Nate has every right to say he can beat Maynard. He may just be playing the Sonnen/Toney self promotion trick to get himself in line for a title shot.

Just maybe them dumb **** Diaz boys aren't so dumb after all.

Nate beat Maynard on TUF first' date=' then a split decision in the second fight. Nate has every right to say he can beat Maynard. He may just be playing the Sonnen/Toney self promotion trick to get himself in line for a title shot.

Just maybe them dumb **** Diaz boys aren't so dumb after all.[/quote'].

Didn't even count. There was a stoppage but not because Maynard could continue.

Diaz is good, but Maynard is better. Maybe after Maynard Edgar fight he can arrange one more loss on Diaz's record. Diaz is good, but not that good. Diaz is not as strong in the LW division and that is part of the problem as well.

SHOOT...thanks for owning me bra...I TOTALLY forgot about Diaz vs Maynard one....so that makes Nate's comment absolutely retarded and more likely just what I like to call" Diaz Angst"...I had to at least coin a new term if your gonna make me look like an idiot...but thanks for being respectful about it...=).James Moss 1...Dimension 0

It's all good. It's hard to keep up with all the fights.

Didn't even count. There was a stoppage but not because Maynard could continue.

Diaz is good' date=' but Maynard is better. Maybe after Maynard Edgar fight he can arrange one more loss on Diaz's record. Diaz is good, but not that good. Diaz is not as strong in the LW division and that is part of the problem as well.[/quote']

It may not count on official records, but it will definitely count to the fighters and the general public who follow their careers.

And that Stockton style boxing by everyone in the Cesar Gracie gym is designed to keep wrestlers off balance and too busy to effectively wrestle. I could definitely see the ever improving Nate outdoing Maynard, but Frankie is another problem all together.

But like you said it is pretty irrelevant anyway, Nate is physically much better suited to WW and should concentrate on that division.

Archived