3 No Shows for press conference just happen to be the biggest losers of the night

dimension33

I personally think its funny that neither James Toney or BJ Penn showed up to the post-fight press conference.....I also noted that I went on bjpenn.com last night just to see what the excuses were gonna be...and suprisingly alot of posts were facing the music about BJ and low and behold within 10 mins...the message board was taken down...they dont even have a link on the site anymore....BJ is SO sensitive...I mean he confronted Ariel Helwani in an interview saying that he always thought Ariel didnt like him...like a frigging girl...he has complained and whined and made excuses after every major loss he has ever had and now with all the excuses gone...he just doesnt even show up to the press conference to face the music....and lastsly Florian not showing up just put the icing on the cake

I am not someone who enjoys watching someone salt anothers wounds...but losing is such a legitimate part of MMA...how fighters deal and react to it can say alot IMO...granted I understand that an hour after a major loss has to be CRUSHING...but to be a man you have to face those feelings and let them sink in and drive you to be better...to run from it is going to keep you mentally in the same state that gotr you beat in the first place

I personally think its funny that neither James Toney or BJ Penn showed up to the post-fight press conference.....I also noted that I went on bjpenn.com last night just to see what the excuses were gonna be...and suprisingly alot of posts were facing the music about BJ and low and behold within 10 mins...the message board was taken down...they dont even have a link on the site anymore....BJ is SO sensitive...I mean he confronted Ariel Helwani in an interview saying that he always thought Ariel didnt like him...like a frigging girl...he has complained and whined and made excuses after every major loss he has ever had and now with all the excuses gone...he just doesnt even show up to the press conference to face the music....and lastsly Florian not showing up just put the icing on the cake

I do agree with you except for one. His loss to GSP and the whole grease gate thing was legit. Not that it was GSP's fault, but his corner knew BJ would try to use hiss BJJ and flexibility to go for a submission.

To my understanding, the post fight press conference is for the night's winners. The only time I've seen the losers sit in is for the main event, and usually only for title fights. So really, it was only BJ that would have been expected to show up for the press conference. I could see why they might want Toney there, but there was no reason for Florian to show up.

Exactly.

Chael Sonnen was the first loser I saw show up at a presser.

I think Tito has crashed one or two.. but yeh .. should just be winners

I thought Dana explained that Penn most likely was getting checked out at the hospital. It sounded like Toney was hanging around for the press conference but he was getting *****y and left.

As for Florian ... hopefully they kept him away from sharp objects not to mention crowds of reporters. The guy has a bad case of the 2nds ... his loss was such a sour note on the card for me.

losers of fights typically don't show up to post fight pressers anymore....where have you been recently?.....unless the fight loser took no damage (Rampage vs. Rashad), losers no longer show up...message board was taken down probably because there was way too much traffic, not because BJ was mad....

sounds like you really hate BJ, you are pissed and ragging him because he didn't give excuses?

it was james toney first time he ever got finished so he probaly taking it hard

Archived