Penn looked sluggish, confused. Thoughts on why?

mc1

Edger was much busier, changin up angles, etc. but from the intro's to the decision, Penn looked to me like he was miserable and not at all pumped up for the fight. Edger looked like a spitfire though.

Any thoughts on what was the deal with Penn. He was gracious at the end, but man, I thought he'd rise to the occasion. Edgar did a great job, but maybe he did such a great job confusing Penn that it just took the fight out of him and frustrated him? What do you think?

NO EXCUSES.....BJ LOST THE FIRST FIGHT & THE REMATCH!

I did think he looked a little spaced out though last night. He was a little strange at the weigh in aswell....... has he lost his mind..........im a little concerned about his mental state right now.

Full credit to FE though. He took BOTH fights. I want FE to DESTROY gay gayhard in his next fight.

BJ doesn't take a beating well. His cardio has been blamed, but it's never really been about his cardio. That's how BJ Penn's body reacts to punishment, IMO.

By keeping his distance and trying to fight on the outside, BJ walked right into Frankie Edgars strength. He started taking damage immediately, and for some reason BJ's body can only take a limited amount of that compared to many other MMA fighters of his caliber.

BJ pushed off whenever they got close. When he didn't, Frankie pushed him off instead. They were both striving toward the same goal -- to keep the fight where Frankie Edgar wanted it, with each fighter trying to fight on the outside.

Frankie kicked ****. And his opponent cooperated. Penn blew it in the first fight and blew it again the same way in the second.

BJ is a lazy bastard...he even said on ESPN that he was overtrained for his last few LW fights...and that he rested hard for this fight (focusing more on his mind state)...

if he was overtrained for KenFlo, Stevenson, and Sanchez...he needs to 'overtrain' everytime...because no championship caliber should gas out in the 3rd round...that is extremely unprofessional...

i think the 'overtraining' BJ refers to is probably the normal training for every other LW out there, but BJ is just lazy imo...and needs to retire or fully commit to real training camps, that actually require lots of effort...

Penn's Ego said that Edgar was nothing and Penn was going to whoop him.

Reality was that Edgar was whooping Penn.

Penn looked lost and confused because reality and his ego were telling him different things and he couldn't understand how a lightweight could possibly be beating him. This just made Penn a dead in the headlights and it showed.

Penn's weakness is and always has been his ego and his mind. He is not mentally strong. He buys into all his yes men and his own hype and he thinks he's the greatest thing around. This makes him lazy s he doesn't commit to trainning.... and it makes him confused when reality contradicts it.

Archived