Why do people keep saying.....

ForrestGriffinFan101

That Penn/Edgar was boring? I saw this one member (banga94) who kept saying that the fight was really boring and that the prelims were better than the main event.

"I'm a Frankie Edgar fan but he is soooo boring!"

That was one of his quotes. In NO way is Edgar boring IMO.

P.S. If Frankie can get by Maynard then welcome to the Edgar era!

Blee dat!

IMO it was great Edgar had some good take downs and he pretty much picked penn apart.. which was great

Yeah true I'm not a BJ fan but I love Frankie but even if it was a different fight I think it would be good. I was watching it in theatres and when BJ took his back in the last round everyone was screaming it was so suspenseful.

Prob just wasnt a fan of seeing him fight for the judges not for the finish.

Lots of movement.. legs head arms etc just some of it is un needed.. Like when there 10 feet apart and he is bobin and weaving around....

The hands up after every round... corner guys hosting him etc all just a ploy to the judges.

Him fighting to have Cecil Peoples say YEAH YOU WON! does not impress me or a good part of the community. ( hence all the "frankie no respect threads" )

ya i was so scared the fight was going to be over when BJ took Edgar down

Prob just wasnt a fan of seeing him fight for the judges not for the finish.

Lots of movement.. legs head arms etc just some of it is un needed.. Like when there 10 feet apart and he is bobin and weaving around....

The hands up after every round... corner guys hosting him etc all just a ploy to the judges.

Him fighting to have Cecil Peoples say YEAH YOU WON! does not impress me or a good part of the community. ( hence all the "frankie no respect threads" )

Yeah I was really scared too haha.

Frankie tried to finish more than BJ did. Frankie has no way of finishing BJ Penn IMO. He was hitting him with hard shots on the ground and standing up but he doesn't have much power and Penn has a granite chin so why would people disrespect him for not finishing? Not one person has actually finished Penn. Hughes crucifixed him but he was fine he just couldn't move. GSP beat him up until he coulnd't move but he didn't TKO him or submit him.

Yeah I was really scared too haha.

Frankie tried to finish more than BJ did. Frankie has no way of finishing BJ Penn IMO. He was hitting him with hard shots on the ground and standing up but he doesn't have much power and Penn has a granite chin so why would people disrespect him for not finishing? Not one person has actually finished Penn. Hughes crucifixed him but he was fine he just couldn't move. GSP beat him up until he coulnd't move but he didn't TKO him or submit him.

ya agreed im wondering how hes going to handle maynard

"beat him in every aspect of the fight"

... but never did enough to finish... Never did enough to even really hurt penn

And we had to listen to Judges saying who won

Thats really not he point. Edgar won in the striking, aggression, cage control, and the ground game. Yea he didnt finish or really hurt him but he still dominated

This fight was my top 2 favorite main events. With the other one being Sonnen vs. Silva.

The reason they were so great was because Sonnen was a HUGE underdog and CRUSHED Silva. And he is the number 1 MW in the world but just doesn't hold the belt.

And then you got everyone (including me) saying that BJ was going to come in a CRUSH Frankie. Only a small majority of people thought Frankie would win this fight. Frankie put it to him and it was one of at least my top 5 main event fights.

Very exciting.

This fight was my top 2 favorite main events. With the other one being Sonnen vs. Silva.

The reason they were so great was because Sonnen was a HUGE underdog and CRUSHED Silva. And he is the number 1 MW in the world but just doesn't hold the belt.

And then you got everyone (including me) saying that BJ was going to come in a CRUSH Frankie. Only a small majority of people thought Frankie would win this fight. Frankie put it to him and it was one of at least my top 5 main event fights.

Very exciting.

Yeah and I loved it because it was very suspenseful. Whenever Penn took Frankie down I got really scared but it all turned out okay in the end :P

Thats really not he point. Edgar won in the striking' date=' aggression, cage control, and the ground game. Yea he didnt finish or really hurt him but he still dominated[/quote']

sad... dominated the entire fight in your eyes but never did no damage, perfect representation of what a UFC champion should be...

Goes balls out but is never good enough to put anyone away. Has to rely on the judges deciding the winner.

That Penn/Edgar was boring? I saw this one member (banga94) who kept saying that the fight was really boring and that the prelims were better than the main event.

"I'm a Frankie Edgar fan but he is soooo boring!"

That was one of his quotes. In NO way is Edgar boring IMO.

P.S. If Frankie can get by Maynard then welcome to the Edgar era!

Blee dat!

Your a Towel

sad... dominated the entire fight in your eyes but never did no damage' date=' perfect representation of what a UFC champion should be...

Goes balls out but is never good enough to put anyone away. Has to rely on the judges deciding the winner.[/quote']

No one has been able to legitimately finish BJ Penn so why would you bash on Edgar for not being able to do it? Edgar is as exciting as the come and he dominated the fight. You keep saying he didn't do enough to finish and sarcastically said that he's a perfect representation of what a champ should be. BJ didn't do enough to finish or win in the first fight and he didn't even come close to winning in the second fight. So everything you are saying about Penn can be said about Edgar. Also, I don't wanna hear the whole he has 10 finishes in the UFC or anything. Yeah he finished a lot of guys who match up perfectly for him.

Diego Sanchez- Way way overrated and a horrible striker with no speed

KenFlo- A good striker but not as good as BJ and not a good wrestler

Sean Sherk- A good striker but not as good as BJ and not a good enough wrestler to take BJ down.

Frankie- As good at striking as BJ and has the speed to take BJ down.

As soon as BJ fights someone who is a really top level fighter he loses every single time.

No one has been able to legitimately finish BJ Penn so why would you bash on Edgar for not being able to do it? Edgar is as exciting as the come and he dominated the fight. You keep saying he didn't do enough to finish and sarcastically said that he's a perfect representation of what a champ should be. BJ didn't do enough to finish or win in the first fight and he didn't even come close to winning in the second fight. So everything you are saying about Penn can be said about Edgar. Also' date=' I don't wanna hear the whole he has 10 finishes in the UFC or anything. Yeah he finished a lot of guys who match up perfectly for him.

Sean Sherk- A good striker but not as good as BJ and not a good enough wrestler to take BJ down.

[b']As soon as BJ fights someone who is a really top level fighter he loses every single time.[/[/b]QUOTE]

Bj has spent his entire career fighting Legends of MMA...

Gomi - Former Pride Champ

2x Gracies - Biggest Names in MMA at the time @ 185 also

Machida - Former LHW Champ

GSP Twice- Current WW Champ

Jens Pulver Twice - Former LW Champ

Matt Hughes Twice - Former WW Champ and HOF

Matt Serra - Former WW Champ

Sherk- Former LW Champ

Diego- TUF 1 Winner ( when good people were in tuf ) Finished him

Joe daddy Tuf 2 Winner .... Finished Him

Ken Flo- Finished Him

---

Guy has fought the who's who of MMA and has fought TOP LEVEL COMPETITION his entire career....

No one has been able to legitimately finish BJ Penn so why would you bash on Edgar for not being able to do it? Edgar is as exciting as the come and he dominated the fight. You keep saying he didn't do enough to finish and sarcastically said that he's a perfect representation of what a champ should be. BJ didn't do enough to finish or win in the first fight and he didn't even come close to winning in the second fight. So everything you are saying about Penn can be said about Edgar. Also' date=' I don't wanna hear the whole he has 10 finishes in the UFC or anything. Yeah he finished a lot of guys who match up perfectly for him.

[b']As soon as BJ fights someone who is a really top level fighter he loses every single time.[/[/b]QUOTE]

Bj has spent his entire career fighting Legends of MMA...

Gomi - Former Pride Champ

2x Gracies - Biggest Names in MMA at the time @ 185 also

Machida - Former LHW Champ

GSP Twice- Current WW Champ

Jens Pulver Twice - Former LW Champ

Matt Hughes Twice - Former WW Champ and HOF

Matt Serra - Former WW Champ

Sherk- Former LW Champ

Diego- TUF 1 Winner ( when good people were in tuf ) Finished him

Joe daddy Tuf 2 Winner .... Finished Him

Ken Flo- Finished Him

---

Guy has fought the who's who of MMA and has fought TOP LEVEL COMPETITION his entire career....

You misread what I said. I said he loses when he fights top level competition. He lost to Machida, he lost to Pulver the first time, and he lost to GSP both times. You can take those people off of your list. He beat Matt Serra when he wasn't that good, Sherk like I said is tailor made for BJ. KenFlo is too and Diego is way overrated. Gomi throws big punches a lot and a technical striker beats a sloppy striker every day of the week.

You misread what I said. I said he loses when he fights top level competition. He lost to Machida' date=' he lost to Pulver the first time, and he lost to GSP both times. You can take those people off of your list. He beat Matt Serra when he wasn't that good, Sherk like I said is tailor made for BJ. KenFlo is too and Diego is way overrated. Gomi throws big punches a lot and [b']a technical striker beats a sloppy striker every day of the week[/b].

So badly want to ramble off fights that prove that wrong but its almost time to get my eat on.

And he is 1-1 with pulver... 1-1 with Hughes... And first fight with GSP was a split decision... and we all know how garbage those are.

And to fight Machida at HW.... and go to decision is pretty impressive.

He never loses decievly.. and almost always wins in domination fasion.

So badly want to ramble off fights that prove that wrong but its almost time to get my eat on.

And he is 1-1 with pulver... 1-1 with Hughes... And first fight with GSP was a split decision... and we all know how garbage those are.

And to fight Machida at HW.... and go to decision is pretty impressive.

He never loses decievly.. and almost always wins in domination fasion.

He lost decisively last night. Now I know there are a lot of fights were the sloppy guy wins but it's almost always by knockout. It's rare that a sloppy stand-up fighter takes a technically sound striker to a decision in striking battle and wins the decision. Penn is one of the best technical strikers and has a granite chin so he can beat Gomi easily IMO.

Archived