Introduce tournaments in UFC

Grivian

I think that it sucks that the only time you see the champion fight is when the title is on the line and they risk losing it. The champ usually doesn't fight for almost a year, that's a long time. I know they need time to prepare and train but seriously if you're a huge fan of a certain fighter, you probably wanna see him fight more often than that. And it is not because they're not able to fight in a short span of time. Chris Leben took on Akiyama two weeks after beating aaron simpson.

I think UFC is missing something, and that is tournaments.

My suggestion:

Every once in a while the ufc should include tournaments. Instead of one night there will be three nights of fighting, friday, saturday, and sunday. No championship fights, so if the champion loses he will still have the belt, perhaps the winner will become the number one contender. The fighters will sign up to the tournament individually and due to their ranking they will be seeded. One or two fights on the friday, the semi-final on saturday, and the final on sunday. And the winner will get a nice trophy

I think this would work out perfectly, especially in the light heavyweight division with all that talent level. There you could have a tournament with all the top guys. Imagine Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Rampage, Jon Jones, Rich Franklin, (Randy Couture?), Forrest Griffin, Thiago Silva battle it out. That would be the **** right there, the ratings gone out the roof, and a billion viewers.

I think that it sucks that the only time you see the champion fight is when the title is on the line and they risk losing it. The champ usually doesn't fight for almost a year' date=' that's a long time. I know they need time to prepare and train but seriously if you're a huge fan of a certain fighter, you probably wanna see him fight more often than that. And it is not because they're not able to fight in a short span of time. Chris Leben took on Akiyama two weeks after beating aaron simpson.

I think UFC is missing something, and that is tournaments.

My suggestion:

Every once in a while the ufc should include tournaments. Instead of one night there will be three nights of fighting, friday, saturday, and sunday. No championship fights, so if the champion loses he will still have the belt, perhaps the winner will become the number one contender. The fighters will sign up to the tournament individually and due to their ranking they will be seeded. One or two fights on the friday, the semi-final on saturday, and the final on sunday. And the winner will get a nice trophy

I think this would work out perfectly, especially in the light heavyweight division with all that talent level. There you could have a tournament with all the top guys. Imagine Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Rampage, Jon Jones, Rich Franklin, (Randy Couture?), Forrest Griffin, Thiago Silva battle it out. That would be the **** right there, the ratings gone out the roof, and a billion viewers.[/quote']

No because the athletic commission gives out medical suspentions to people for different reasons and half the people wouldnt be able to fight the next day.

Every once in a while the ufc should include tournaments. Instead of one night there will be three nights of fighting' date=' friday, saturday, and sunday. No championship fights, so if the champion loses he will still have the belt, perhaps the winner will become the number one contender. The fighters will sign up to the tournament individually and due to their ranking they will be seeded. One or two fights on the friday, the semi-final on saturday, and the final on sunday. And the winner will get a nice trophy.[/quote']

So... You want Pride back?

Archived