F the haters

vitamin816

regardless how penn looked or how bad he did or any other thing you trolls have to say the fact of the matter is this: bj penn was the most dominate 55 champ in the history of mma. his time may have passed him by but the man had not lost a fight at 55 since 02 i believe (not 100% on the date). now you have edgar, who i dont believe will beat grey maynard, whos championship reign will be a sucsession of decision victories at best. i like edgar, dont get me wrong, but he will be the most boring champ to date. same with grey maynard. no one wants to see our champions edging decisions or lay and praying to victory time and time again. i know the strat works but i dont think its the best thing for the sport by any means and we all want dominant champions. so try to be objective in your thoughts of bj. remove your biasness and recognise that this man finished fights time and time again. knock outs o'plenty or subs. an exciting fighter whos prime may have passed. if you are a fan of mma, no matter how penn has composed himself in the past, then there has to be a significant amount of repect for him and what he has done for the sport.

regardless how penn looked or how bad he did or any other thing you trolls have to say the fact of the matter is this: bj penn was the most dominate 55 champ in the history of mma. his time may have passed him by but the man had not lost a fight at 55 since 02 i believe (not 100% on the date). now you have edgar' date=' who i dont believe will beat grey maynard, whos championship reign will be a sucsession of decision victories at best. i like edgar, dont get me wrong, but he will be the most boring champ to date. same with grey maynard. no one wants to see our champions edging decisions or lay and praying to victory time and time again. i know the strat works but i dont think its the best thing for the sport by any means and we all want dominant champions. so try to be objective in your thoughts of bj. remove your biasness and recognise that this man finished fights time and time again. knock outs o'plenty or subs. an exciting fighter whos prime may have passed. if you are a fan of mma, no matter how penn has composed himself in the past, then there has to be a significant amount of repect for him and what he has done for the sport.[/quote']

Well said!

regardless how penn looked or how bad he did or any other thing you trolls have to say the fact of the matter is this: bj penn was the most dominate 55 champ in the history of mma. his time may have passed him by but the man had not lost a fight at 55 since 02 i believe (not 100% on the date). now you have edgar' date=' who i dont believe will beat grey maynard, whos championship reign will be a sucsession of decision victories at best. i like edgar, dont get me wrong, but he will be the most boring champ to date. same with grey maynard. no one wants to see our champions edging decisions or lay and praying to victory time and time again. i know the strat works but i dont think its the best thing for the sport by any means and we all want dominant champions. so try to be objective in your thoughts of bj. remove your biasness and recognise that this man finished fights time and time again. knock outs o'plenty or subs. an exciting fighter whos prime may have passed. if you are a fan of mma, no matter how penn has composed himself in the past, then there has to be a significant amount of repect for him and what he has done for the sport.[/quote']

You mean Edgar and Maynard will be as boring as GSP? I agree. If Sonnen would have won against Silva, then you would have 3 of the 5 titles held by lay and gay fighters.

You mean Edgar and Maynard will be as boring as GSP? I agree. If Sonnen would have won against Silva' date=' then you would have 3 of the 5 titles held by lay and gay fighters.[/quote']

Soooo true. Dana always says there's rules on the books that say the ref can stand up fighters but the ref's choose not to enforce them. He should be more vocal about stand ups.

It shouldn't be about the top fighter "Staying Busy" aka throwing weak **** punches to make it look like he's trying to do something. Stand ups should be based on ADVANCING POSITION. If you're stuck in a guy's full guard for 30 seconds you get stood up.

Very Well said man.

Just get over the fact that BJ lost. He will come back and will climb the totem poll again. That's what happens to any fighter that loses. BJ has only lost 2 times in the past 8 years as a lightweight, I really don't see a reason for him to retire because we have found someone that has dethroned him. I'm a huge BJ fan, but we just have to get over this loss.

Archived