Remember who told you first...

claxp94

I don't think Edgar will get past Maynard but you never know. Edgar worked a lot of strength for the Penn fight and he will definitely do better than in their first fight IMO. I also think that Edgar could take Maynard down if he took Penn down so easily. If he does get past Maynard then I don't think anyone can beat him in the division.

If he beats Maynard it will officially the Edgar era.

Blee dat!

you guys guys have to remember >

BJ Penn has the best TDD in the LW division' date=' Frank Edgar took him down like he was his puppy. Edgar will takedown Maynard.[/quote']

That's exactly what I say. I think Edgar can takedown Maynard and win the fight but I'm going to say Maynard wins. He would be a horrible champ though.

i think frankie will know that maynard gona want to take him down so i think frankie will actaully try to take maynard down and frankie has good scrambles off his back that showed against bj

no problem claxp i was sure that frankie would win

What was up with bj? Throwed no kick went for no takedowns? He tried to stand and bang with some one whos alot quicker? Just proves ufc hype there fighters up too much? Greatest lightweight ever? i think not

BJ Penn IS! the greatest lightweight ever, and Frankie Edgar beat him, TWICE.

damn right it is' date=' I was being called a **** since April for thinking Frankie was going to win the first fight, and now he wins both!? oh i'm definitely on a roller coaster haha.[/quote']

let me clarify props be to Frankie and you for backing him! Penn will ALWAYS be one of the best UFC fighters of all-time and Edgar will ALWAYS be known as his kryptonite

with that said, do you think he can beat Maynard and try and save us from that nightmare as LW Champion???

That Frankie Edgar was going to beat down BJ Penn.

and you guys thought he had a chance' date=' LOL.

It's Official Edgar v Penn II is a retirement match...

Normal fighters would have changed their gameplan. Penn did a lot of "resting" and spent a lot of time getting his "spirit in the right place."

If I knew Penn was just going to try the same exact thing, I would have agreed with you.

let me clarify props be to Frankie and you for backing him! Penn will ALWAYS be one of the best UFC fighters of all-time and Edgar will ALWAYS be known as his kryptonite

with that said' date=' do you think he can beat Maynard and try and save us from that nightmare as LW Champion???[/quote']

AGREED.

I think it'll come down to who can get the takedown first, but honestly I think Maynard will win.

If I knew Penn was just going to try the same exact thing' date=' I would have agreed with you.[/quote']

I said BJ was going to try and stand with Frankie and "prove a point" but no one listens to claxy, want me to show you the thread?

I said BJ was going to try and stand with Frankie and "prove a point" but no one listens to claxy' date=' want me to show you the thread?[/quote']

I don't think he was trying to prove a point, I think he's just stupid. Anyone in their right mind would have tried something different. You're crazy if you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect the outcome to be different.

AGREED.

I think it'll come down to who can get the takedown first' date=' but honestly I think Maynard will win.

I said BJ was going to try and stand with Frankie and "prove a point" but no one listens to claxy, want me to show you the thread?[/quote']

dammit! c'mon Edgar...at least Gomi will be Champion now :cool:

BJ went for a few takedowns, he got reversed and ended up on his back. Check Edgar first (or maybe 2nd) takedown, that was actually a reverse from BJ's hip throw attempt.

Edgar is just too fast for BJ, but I think BJ stands a better chance against Maynard than Frankie does...so who knows maybe BJ can get his belt back.

Archived