Problems with UFC Fantasty scoring for UFC 118?

mookiesudo

anyone else having a problem with scoring errors for UFC 118?

i should have had bonus points on three fights, which would place me in fourth overall if my score was corrected. as it stands, i'm in 30th with the scoring error.

i'm just wondering if anyone else had any problems with their scoring for this event? i've experienced scoring errors before, but they were normally corrected within a few hours of the end of the event. this time, though, the errors remain.

can't seem to get a reply, but maybe that's because it's the weekend?

anyone else having a problem with scoring errors for UFC 118?

i should have had bonus points on three fights' date=' which would place me in fourth overall if my score was corrected. as it stands, i'm in 30th with the scoring error.

i'm just wondering if anyone else had any problems with their scoring for this event? i've experienced scoring errors before, but they were normally corrected within a few hours of the end of the event. this time, though, the errors remain.

can't seem to get a reply, but maybe that's because it's the weekend?[/quote']

nice you got 30th i got 84th lol

nice you got 30th i got 84th lol

yeah, normailly i would be happy with 30th! :) i think my highest finish before was 29th.

...so it would be a huge jump up for me to finish in fourth, if they would correct my score. i had frankie by unanimous decision, gray by unanimous decision and lentz by unanimous decision, but didn't get bonus points for any of the fights. it's showing scores of 25 for two fights, and 27 for the third? weird.

Point Score: 200

Your Ranking: 30 out of 13002

Your Fight Card Results: = Correct Answer, = Incorrect Answer, = Bonus Points Awarded

Fight Card Your Choices Winning Method Round Minute Point(s)

Frankie Edgar Vs BJ Penn Frankie Edgar Unanimous Decision 5 5 27

Randy Couture Vs James Toney Randy Couture Technical Knock Out 1 2 16

Demian Maia Vs Mario Miranda Demian Maia Submission (Choke) 1 3 15

Kenny Florian Vs Gray Maynard Gray Maynard Unanimous Decision 3 5 25

Nate Diaz Vs Marcus Davis Nate Diaz Submission (Choke) 2 2 26

Joe Lauzon Vs Gabe Ruediger Joe Lauzon Unanimous Decision 3 5 8

Andre Winner Vs Nik Lentz Nik Lentz Unanimous Decision 3 5 27

Dan Miller Vs John Salter Dan Miller Submission (Choke) 1 1 26

Mike Pierce Vs Amilcar Alves Mike Pierce Unanimous Decision 3 5 16

Nick Osipczak Vs Greg Soto Greg Soto Submission (Arm Lock) 2 2 14

Point Score: 200

anyone had a similar experience? any advice would be greatly appreciated. have already tried to inform them of the error a few times, but maybe i'm just being impatient! :P

They've changed the way score Fantasy since UFC 117 see the cut and paste from the front page of Fantasy:

Fantasy 2.0: Improved Scoring and Mobile Technologies!

Not only do we have a new design, but also a new scoring engine. The new Fantasy game bases winning points off of several new factors. For example, this game knows fighters’ records. If you pick the statistical “underdog” to win, and he does, you would get more points than someone who just went with the fighter who “looks good on paper”. The new system is based on a concept called “probably outcomes”, so the more unlikely the win (including rounds and method), the more points you would get. The more you know about the fighters, the better you will do!

These changes in Fantasy game scoring will make it much more challenging and interesting for fans of the fight game.

btw I scored 157 points ranked #73

The site itself isn't necessarily the problem- it just takes a white to get used to new navigation.

As for Fantasy' date=' the home page says leagues are not in play, so there is no need to check them. It is under construction and just not available. Some people complain "well then I can't keep track"... so what? The site is for free prizes, that's it, and it keeps track of itself. Scoring issues have always been dealt with manually, and the correct winners always end up getting their prizes eventually. It's free, you win free stuff, and you don't have to do anything but pick the winners.

Sports bar information is updated as the fight gets close, so the most current options will be found on the day before and the day of the fight.[/quote']

Here you go.

I really don't like the new point system they implemented, especially the removal of bonus points. I shoulda gotten bonus points on 4 fights (3 decisions + I got everything right for the Couture/Toney fight). Basing points on the records of the 2 fighters is just dumb in such a diverse sport, where so many factors play into choosing the winner (records usually being one of the last things looked it)

Overall I got 61st with 169 points. Not my best, but oh well.

Oh and Claxp, I think we are in the same league :P

Go back in and check your points again. It should all have been fixed. By the way if you came in 50th place do you really believe that only 49 people scored better then you? All the ties only count as one place. For example the guy that come in 13th for the last fight was actually in 20th. So if you came in 50th it probably really means 800th. There are around 20,000 people playing each event now. I came in 6th for UFC 78, free shirt and dvd, good times. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me out there that have been close to the top 50 world wide then fell off when people started scoring 600+ points per card. THAT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE! Unless of course you cheated.

They've changed the way score Fantasy since UFC 117 see the cut and paste from the front page of Fantasy:

Fantasy 2.0: Improved Scoring and Mobile Technologies!

Not only do we have a new design' date=' but also a new scoring engine. The new Fantasy game bases winning points off of several new factors. For example, this game knows fighters? records. If you pick the statistical ?underdog? to win, and he does, you would get more points than someone who just went with the fighter who ?looks good on paper?. The new system is based on a concept called ?probably outcomes?, so the more unlikely the win (including rounds and method), the more points you would get. The more you know about the fighters, the better you will do!

These changes in Fantasy game scoring will make it much more challenging and interesting for fans of the fight game.

btw I scored 157 points ranked #73[/quote']

thanks very much for the answer. that's unfortunate. i thought the new look was bad enough. that also takes some of the fun away from it...just bitter that i don't win a prize. haha

I don't like the new scoring either. Whether you picked the favorite or not, what difference does it make as long as you picked the winner and how he would win. So picking the right answer is the best you can do regardless if he us an underdog or not. The people that correctly pick the upsets are the ones that won Fantasy under the old system anyway. My guess is the new scoring is putting more weight on the upset and less on how a favorite wins.

Archived