Mike Pyle: I know I can put him to sleep if I need

BUDDHASPORT

Great Interview with Mike Pyle .. it was a ton of fun speaking with him.

DH: You are fighting John Hathaway at UFC 120. He is undefeated and 4-0 so far in the UFC and fresh off a win over Diego Sanchez; you are 2-2 in the UFC. Do you feel any added pressure going into this fight?

MP: Not at all; it’s just like any other fight. He had an easy fight with Sanchez. I’m not gonna be easy. I’m bigger than Sanchez, have a bigger reach, better submissions.

No Fear - Mike Pyle Interview

Wait, so this tool is pretty much saying hes better than Sanchez. FAIL!

Sanchez had a bad fight with Hathaway and we all know that hes back at Jacksons and he is going to start kicking some ****. I see Diego beating Thiago and facing off against Nate Diaz. That would be one hell of a fight.

O AND FOR PYLE. **** OFF!

Mike Pyle is no joke, especially on the ground. But Hathaway has outstanding wrestling, considering he's from Britain and didn't have much of a background in it prior to when he started training MMA. I can't see Pyle getting the fight to the ground and I think Hathaway will pick him apart on the feet.

I agree with Mike though when he said about how Diego Sanchez was a fairly easy fight for Hathaway because of the massive reach advantage. It won't be easy, but I see Hathaway getting a fairly comfortable UD win.

Haha' date=' Pyle says sanchez is an easy fight?? I'm sorry bould sanchez would murder Pyle.

Also i think Hathaway is smart enough to just outsrike him and only take him down if he needs points to win a round.[/quote']

Sanchez was a good matchup for Hathaway stylistically, and it became clear early on that he was just unable to do any damage to John. Hathaway is a big WW with a long reach, and unlike a lot of the bigger guys in each division, he really knows how to use his reach to his advantage, and consequently Diego just couldn't get near him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we know now that Diego was doomed before that fight even started.

Sanchez was a good matchup for Hathaway stylistically' date=' and it became clear early on that he was just unable to do any damage to John. Hathaway is a big WW with a long reach, and unlike a lot of the bigger guys in each division, he really knows how to use his reach to his advantage, and consequently Diego just couldn't get near him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we know now that Diego was doomed before that fight even started.[/quote']

I agree that Hathaway is a bad matchup for diego. What i found great was th fact that Sanchez could not get hathaway down, and to think that it was mainly playing rugby that helped him with TDD lol.

It was funny though before the fight when anyone who said that they thought hathaway would win was "a stupid brit". Oh how that backfired :)

Archived