Should BJ Penn Fight Gomi Next?

Coltrane

I don't think so. BJ has this crazy mental state. If he feels like he has a challenge or a guy is talking mad smack he gets motivated. If not he has horrible performances. He already beat Gomi and that could trigger the "oh i already beat him so I don't have to worry" BJ again and he'll end up losing.

gomi would kill guida tyson griffin is better then guida and he got 1 rnd ko. if anything gomi should face the winner of serra/lytle. he should only fight bj after winning the next fight

You do realize Gomi and Serra/Lytle fight in different weight classes right? Damn, and that was your first post....I smh to you sir

I guess Gomi would be a good idea. I'm really confused with Penn right now. Obviously Edgar is better than most have been giving him credit for, but he did things to Penn that he wasn't able to do against lesser opponents. Somehow all the things Penn is normally good at (boxing, takedown defense, ground game) were nullified by Edgar to the point that it made him look like a different fighter. I know styles make fights but damn.

They should make BJ work his way back up to the top. He won't beat Edgar and he's coming off back to back losses. Let Gomi make his run for now.

Lightweight match ups should look like this:

Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II

Kenny Florian vs Kurt Pellegrino

Takanori Gomi vs Miller/Tibau winner.

George Sotiropoulos vs Sherk/Dunham winner.

Clay Guida vs Guillard/Stephens winner.

BJ Penn vs Miller/Tibau loser.

Archived