BJ's Face

Americana23

Did anyone else get the notion that BJ looked like he wanted to cry as he was standing in the Octagon as Buffer was introducing them?

Not trying to draw the ire of all the diehard Penn fans just tell me if you saw what I saw.

BJ didn't look right at anytime time before, during or after the fight. I don't know were his mind was but it sure as hell wasn't on fighting.

Agreed Even during the prelims on Spike whenever I saw BJ he just looked like he didnt want to be there, like he was depressed or something. It was sad man im not making excuses for him hes one of my all time favorite fighters but dude got beat hard! How do you do that much worse in the second fight? Im not going to say hes at the end but he needs to change something and quick cause last night was embarrasing!

Did anyone else get the notion that BJ looked like he wanted to cry as he was standing in the Octagon as Buffer was introducing them?

Not trying to draw the ire of all the diehard Penn fans just tell me if you saw what I saw.

he looked bad indeed. He was probly thinking "ah **** me... once again, I trained like a dumb ****, slept until 1:00 PM every day and skept 1 training out of 2, spent all my time on the beach, had a couple drink yesterday, and now I'm here and once again, I'm in the face of defeat and sadly I don't think I'm gonna get away with it this time... ****.. my carreer really sucks now".

I think that's what he was thinking as tears were indeed filling his eyes.

Guest [Deleted User]

I don't know about you guys but that dude looked SICKLY I mean like pale in the face chappy pale lips he looked exhausted I have no clue what he was doing in for his conditioning.

I don't know about you guys but that dude looked SICKLY I mean like pale in the face chappy pale lips he looked exhausted I have no clue what he was doing in for his conditioning.

its his camp....... and a lack in pick up and motivation prob...... only has himself to blame tho.... AGAIN

Yeah man I saw it too- I even hit rewind to show my wifey- I thought at the time that maybe the "Undisputed Champion" intro for Edgar was the clincher- but then post-fight BJ looked spent. Wonder if he had to cut too much.... but he looked more like a guywhose Missus told him not to come home when he left for Boston.

There were tears. BJ isnt the BJ we are used to seeing- maybe having a kid just killed the tiger. Ormaybe he is just surrounded by disciples who worship him so much he actually believes he doens have to prepare. We saw that attitude before GSP.

He probably went to the worng corenr because he was hoping to get some actual advice- as opposed to being told how much of a **** sucker his opponent is.

That was the least amount of emotion I have seen on a fighters face before the bell rang. HE looked like a zombie.

And the guy who mentioned his corner coaches is right. His coach called Edgar a c*cksucker, and that he needed to win round 5. It would not have matter if he won round 5 because he clearly lost all the rounds before that.

Where is the Penn that screwed up Diego Sanchez?

i did not notice that but after Frankies first take down i saw the fear in Bjs eyes it was like he was thinking to himself" omg what the **** am i doing here i want out!"

ive never seen anything like that from him before

Yeah I saw the same thing. From his warm ups in the back room he looked like he was out to lunch. Usually when he enters the cage he has this look of serious focus and eagerness to get to the ring. his time he was walking slow and when he was introduced he had no expression. Usually he is rocking back and fourth in a fighting stance like he is about to swing.

Somethign was wrong with him! I'm a BJ fan but hard to support that whole scene in boston.

Archived