Randy Couture VS Jon Jones??

guthro777

I think Jones would dominate Randy. I don't see how a 47 year old can beat anyone near their prime. I also think Vera won against Couture. I wouldn't mind seeing that fight though.

I would want Randy to win, but I think Jon would get it.

I wouldn't count out Randy though.

I would like to see it. If Randy wins then he proves he has a real shot at getting the title back.

The winner of Jones vs. Couture could fight the winner of Rampage vs. Machida for the No. 2 contender spot (Evans being the No. 1 contender).

Randy wouldn't beat Jones, Jones greco is better then Randy's, i say Couture vs. Rashad Interim Champion

Randy wouldn't beat Jones' date=' Jones greco is better then Randy's, i say Couture vs. Rashad Interim Champion[/quote']

I have to disagree. Randy has not earned a title shot, no way! You're name should not get you a title shot. Jon Jones is 5-1 in the UFC or 6-0 if you count that as a win over Hamill. He deserves a shot way before Couture, that is unless he says he isn't ready. Here are some fighters I think deserve a shot before Couture: Bader, Davis, lil Nog and Rich Franklin.

Bones needs to shine, so why feed him another fighter you know he's going to mangle? Couture's skill level might be a bit higher than Bones' in the wrestling game, but the physical gap would be too much, Bones' striking is top notch and would be more than enough to match the skill gap...

Bones needs to start fighting guys like Machida, Rashad, and Lil' Nog... sure, the competition he's fought isn't top notch per se, but they are damn good fighters that although may lose, should not be roll overs like Bones has made them out to be... it reminds me of Silva vs. Leben... it wasn't that Silva beat Leben that got him the title shot, it was HOW he beat Leben... much is the same for Bones in my opinion...

Machida is the only guy I see in the way of this guy being the champ within early to mid 2012... I would like to say Shogun but I don't think his TDD is good enough to stop Bones, especially with his re-occurring knee problems...

Bones needs to shine' date=' so why feed him another fighter you know he's going to [b']mangle[/b]? Couture's skill level might be a bit higher than Bones' in the wrestling game, but the physical gap would be too much, Bones' striking is top notch and would be more than enough to match the skill gap...

Bones needs to start fighting guys like Machida, Rashad, and Lil' Nog... sure, the competition he's fought isn't top notch per se, but they are damn good fighters that although may lose, should not be roll overs like Bones has made them out to be... it reminds me of Silva vs. Leben... it wasn't that Silva beat Leben that got him the title shot, it was HOW he beat Leben... much is the same for Bones in my opinion...

Machida is the only guy I see in the way of this guy being the champ within early to mid 2012... I would like to say Shogun but I don't think his TDD is good enough to stop Bones, especially with his re-occurring knee problems...

Doubt it, and he hasn't fought anybody as good as Randy. It would be a good fight.

Doubt it' date=' and he hasn't fought anybody as good as Randy.[/quote']

Like I said though... its not just who he's beating, but how he's beating them... people can beat Vera, but people don't just walk through him like Bones did... I mean, Couture had to give 110% for Vera and it was such a close decision...

Either way, I think Couture could hold his own during the fight, simply because he has THAT much skill with his wrestling, but Bones in many ways is technically better at almost everything else and I don't see Couture winning...

Like I said though... its not just who he's beating' date=' but how he's beating them... people can beat Vera, but people don't just walk through him like Bones did... I mean, Couture had to give 110% for Vera and it was such a close decision...

Either way, I think Couture could hold his own during the fight, simply because he has THAT much skill with his wrestling, but Bones in many ways is technically better at almost everything else and I don't see Couture winning...[/quote']

I didn't say Randy would necessarily win, but I definitely don't think Jones would "mangle" him.

all Randy fans out there your all idiot if you think his skills are higher than Jones. Jones can beat anybody in his division and he can DEMOLISHED Randy. Randy can beat all CANS in his division all previous opponents of Randy are all CANS. From Vera do you think he beat them? i dont think so Randy is the favorite of judges thats why he wins. From Coleman ya he beat that former Champ but he is CAN. Now he beat Toney a none experience in MMA. But if Randy enter in BOXING and he faught TONEY same result.

all Randy fans out there your all idiot if you think his skills are higher than Jones. Jones can beat anybody in his division and he can DEMOLISHED Randy. Randy can beat all CANS in his division all previous opponents of Randy are all CANS. From Vera do you think he beat them? i dont think so Randy is the favorite of judges thats why he wins. From Coleman ya he beat that former Champ but he is CAN. Now he beat Toney a none experience in MMA. But if Randy enter in BOXING and he faught TONEY same result.

Your grammar shows your stupidity, and you are clearly an ignorant fool.

Thank you! At least there are a few people on here who aren't completely dumb.

I don't know how this CAN'T happen.

For one thing, it'd be a great notch in the belt of the up and comer Jones to have "Couture" on his resume.

It'd silence ALL critics about him "being fed fighters", and beating Couture in devastating fashion would almost symbolize "a passing of the torch".

On the flip side Randy can dictate the pace of ANYONE he faces, so it'd be interesting how he would approach it. Can Jones handle the high level wrestling and patience of a veteran and legend of the sport?

More importantly, it would set a CLEAR place as to where both these men stand in the division.

Beating Matyushenko and Toney is great... but let's see what happens when 2 top 10's square off.

Great great match-up, and IMO a win-win scenario for both fighters.

NO!!

Bad bad bad matchup. Randy would get destroyed. I'll guarantee that right now. And yeah..I know..MMA no guarantees and all that..but....this one..I guarantee that Couture loses.

The reality is...that Couture has been on the decline for over a year..he's simply been VERY fortunate in his matchups..and his last two fights are really gimmes for ANY "elite" guy

He lost that fight to Vera.

He beat Coleman....

He beat Toney...

NOTHING there screams.."Time to match this 47 year old up with the next "Anderson Silva" and future LHW champ"

I just think this would be a HUGE wakeup call for Randy ... and I really don't want it to happen. Let Randy fight his "interesting" fights...but I don't see him getting a title again.

Don't misread this..I love Couture...but I'm not deluded...beating Vera with a VERY lame decision...and then taking out Coleman and Toney..is nothing like taking out say...

Thiago Silva

Ryan Bader

Quinton Jackson

or

Rashad Evans

Lyoto Machida

Rogerio Noguiera

Beat three of THOSE guys...THEN you can start talking title shot....etc...but..I just don't see that happening

Cheers

-DR

NO!!

Bad bad bad matchup. Randy would get destroyed. I'll guarantee that right now. And yeah..I know..MMA no guarantees and all that..but....this one..I guarantee that Couture loses.

The reality is...that Couture has been on the decline for over a year..he's simply been VERY fortunate in his matchups..and his last two fights are really gimmes for ANY "elite" guy

He lost that fight to Vera.

He beat Coleman....

He beat Toney...

NOTHING there screams.."Time to match this 47 year old up with the next "Anderson Silva" and future LHW champ"

I just think this would be a HUGE wakeup call for Randy ... and I really don't want it to happen. Let Randy fight his "interesting" fights...but I don't see him getting a title again.

Don't misread this..I love Couture...but I'm not deluded...beating Vera with a VERY lame decision...and then taking out Coleman and Toney..is nothing like taking out say...

Thiago Silva

Ryan Bader

Quinton Jackson

or

Rashad Evans

Lyoto Machida

Rogerio Noguiera

Beat three of THOSE guys...THEN you can start talking title shot....etc...but..I just don't see that happening

Cheers

-DR

+1million pts

Bones needs to shine' date=' so why feed him another fighter you know he's going to mangle? Couture's skill level might be a bit higher than Bones' in the wrestling game, but the physical gap would be too much, Bones' striking is top notch and would be more than enough to match the skill gap...

Machida is the only guy I see in the way of this guy being the champ within early to mid 2012... I would like to say Shogun but I don't think his TDD is good enough to stop Bones, especially with his re-occurring knee problems...[/quote']

Thats what i've been thinking but we need to se how he handles a top 5 guy first but i think machida would cause him big problems

Archived