New MMA rules

ultimatefightingchamp

And no, this is not a Wrestling-bash thread.

I'd like to begin by saying that MMA should be the ultimate fighting-ability proving ground.

I think that MMA should be a sport where people could fight like they do in the streets without getting arrested, and for that to happen, rules would have to change considerably.

In my opinion, fights should NOT have:

breaks between rounds (only 1 round)

time limit

judges.

It would be much more interesting if fights were this way and the only way to end a fight, would be one fighter to (T)KO/submit his opponent - due to strikes/submission technique/ or verbally quitting for whatever reason.

This would be the best way to represent a street fight and to really know who is the best goddamn fighter in the world. I think that you can't win a fight by waiting for a judge to tell you you did, when a guy wins a fight he immediatly knows it.

I think there should still be a ref.

Now, I think that this would make fights longer. The solution would be to have less fights per event but more events (and cheaper by the way) per month.

Share your respectful thoughts

respectfully, i dissagree. i think that mma is fine the way it is in the ufc, with the sole exception being to change the scoring criteria, from octagon control to efforts to finish the fight, a la PRIDE FC.

I understand, what you are getting at, but i think what i stated is the way to go. oh, and add soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground, etc. to give strikers more of an arsenal againt grapplers.

respectfully' date=' i dissagree. i think that mma is fine the way it is in the ufc, with the sole exception being to change the scoring criteria, from octagon control to efforts to finish the fight, a la PRIDE FC.

I understand, what you are getting at, but i think what i stated is the way to go. oh, and add soccer kicks, stomps, knees on the ground, etc. to give strikers more of an arsenal againt grapplers.[/quote']

xD, I respectfully totally disagree. I don't like 'Decision Victories' that's BS, IMO. Now, I think that soccer kicks, stomps, knees to downed opponents, are too wild to be allowed.

Archived