Question

Guest Guest

Fighters get judged on aggressiveness does that pertain only to stand-up or does it go with the ground also because guys like Fitch,Lentz,GSP,Rashad shouldn't be allowed to gain points just for takedowns and no action it's getting very tiring the scoring system needs to change.

yes ground is part of this. agressiveness is about bringing on the fight. One could say that GSP is boring sometimes but truth is he's always proactive. He never waits. His strategy doesn't always lead to a finish (hence... the **** talk) but he always works and puts his opponent on the defensive : that is, being the agressor.

Even against Hardy, you can see that all GSP did during the whole fight was trying to submit Hardy. On the other side, Hardy didn't attack once. All he did was defending GSP's sub attempts. GSP is the one who brought the fight, not Hardy.

Fighters get judged on aggressiveness does that pertain only to stand-up or does it go with the ground also because guys like Fitch' date='Lentz,GSP,Rashad shouldn't be allowed to gain points just for takedowns and no action it's getting very tiring the scoring system needs to change.[/quote']

Hey man, I agree. I hate watching wrestlers lie down on someone. I don't know that the rules will change, but we are seeing strikers developing TDD. Did you watch Anthony Pettis vs Shane Roller, Roller wasn't able to get Pettis down, and pretty much got picked apart on the feet with crazy kicks, punches and knees... and I loved every minute of it. It is a possibility that one day they will introduce red/yellow cards to people who are not pressing the action, that would solve some problems with LnP for sure!

Fighters get judged on aggressiveness does that pertain only to stand-up or does it go with the ground also because guys like Fitch' date='Lentz,GSP,Rashad shouldn't be allowed to gain points just for takedowns and no action it's getting very tiring the scoring system needs to change.[/quote']

Any forward movement on the ground: from Full to half guard, to side control, north South, mount, is concidered aggresivness (even if nothing much comes from it). Of course this all depends on the judge who's watching.

Archived