Sign in to follow this  
TigerChamp

James Toney's next opponent?

Does anybody know who it might be?

I have noticed that there seems to be a disturbing trend going on lately, where if an athlete who made a name from himself outside of the UFC steps into the cage and gets trainwrecked, he doesn't get cut from the roster because of how big of a draw he is.

Instead they feed that guy a tomato can on his way out of the UFC, and if he win's that, he is guaranteed a title shot.

i don't want to mention names or anything. i've just seen some pretty wild **** go down before, so therefore i am wondering that if James Toney gets put up against lets say Todd Duffee, and Toney goes the distance and wins, wouldn't it only be fair to bump cain velasquez out of line and give James Toney an immediate title shot??

I have noticed that there seems to be a disturbing trend going on lately' date=' where if an athlete who made a name from himself outside of the UFC steps into the cage and gets trainwrecked, he doesn't get cut from the roster because of how big of a draw he is.

Instead they feed that guy a tomato can on his way out of the UFC, and if he win's that, he is guaranteed a title shot.

i don't want to mention names or anything. i've just seen some pretty wild **** go down before, so therefore i am wondering that if James Toney gets put up against lets say Todd Duffee, and Toney goes the distance and wins, wouldn't it only be fair to bump cain velasquez out of line and give James Toney an immediate title shot??[/quote']

I like where this is going.

please let him fight with Kimbo,theyre so similar,both sucks at ground but they both are incredible in stand up,so this could be the best stand up mma match ever

please let him fight with Kimbo' date='theyre so similar,both sucks at ground but they both are incredible in stand up,so this could be the best stand up mma match ever[/quote']

kimbo has incredible standup?????????.

proffesional boxer with 80ish fights VS "guy who punched people in a mexians back yard on you tube"

*sigh*

can he sign another contract?

whats that smell?

why arent any of the important questions being answered?

axehitchhiker.jpg

HA!!!

I'd personally like to see Toney fight an MMA striker that will stand with him. Dana and the MMA crowd proved their point..the Couture matchup was engineered to favor the MMA victory. We got the victory...NOW..let's get a show out of Toney and give him a shot at redemption.

I REALLY want to see Pat Barry v James Toney

Cheers

-DR

Toney isnt going to fight in the UFC again.

Dana White even said after the fight. He wont be coming back.

And tbh whats the point in Toney fighting in the UFC? Any MMA fighter will take him down n GnP him, and if they didnt then they are f-ing stupid.

James Toney wanted a fight, he got one. Now get his **** back to boxing where he belongs.

Toney isnt going to fight in the UFC again.

Dana White even said after the fight. He wont be coming back.

And tbh whats the point in Toney fighting in the UFC? Any MMA fighter will take him down n GnP him' date=' and if they didnt then they are f-ing stupid.

James Toney wanted a fight, he got one. Now get his **** back to boxing where he belongs.[/quote']

he will be back...... hes a sucker 4 punishment......

he will be back...... hes a sucker 4 punishment......

I think what he was trying to say was that regardless of what Toney wants...he isn't likely to be back because Dana said that Toney was "done" in the UFC.

Cheers

-DR

i hope not..... plz tell me im wrong dark...... i wana see Barry murder Toney with those "feather" kicks..... not to turn the ufc into a freak show...... just to show Toneys vast improvement... and for my laughs..... lol

I have noticed that there seems to be a disturbing trend going on lately' date=' where if an athlete who made a name from himself outside of the UFC steps into the cage and gets trainwrecked, he doesn't get cut from the roster because of how big of a draw he is.

i don't want to mention names or anything. i've just seen some pretty wild **** go down before, so therefore i am wondering that if James Toney gets put up against lets say Todd Duffee, and Toney goes the distance and wins, wouldn't it only be fair to bump cain velasquez out of line and give James Toney an immediate title shot??[/quote']

i watched a post fight interveiw with dana white and he said toney will never fught in the ufc agin. so theres no debating who she fight next. but bottom line is toney is a complete fool for even imagining he could handle an mma fight and so is anyoone who though t he would kill randy coutore the master game planer.

You would like that huh..A pro boxer who knows nothing about MMA gettin a Title shot after 2 matches...Well too bad Dcent!! Toney aint ****, Randy prooved he?s nothing in the Octagon,all you have to do is take him down, Hell I could take Plumbercrack James down and submit him! He?s is the easiest opponent you can have in the UFC, a guy who only has stand up and nothing else..what a joke! Hell a former pro wrestler could do a better job in there...Oh wait a minute,there was this pro wrestler named Brock Lesnar..I think he is now known as the Heavyweight Champion of the World,you know, that fake wrestler and that ??steriod? user? The guy who actually knows what to do when taking roids, unlike ur boy James ??RoidFail?? Toney who transformed himself into a fat potato and got caught doing it..I think Toney should ask Brock if he can come over and train with the him, Toney could learn few things from Brock, and hey while they are at it, Toney could teach Brock some stand up,make him a even dangerous fighter then he already is! :D

please let him fight with Kimbo' date='theyre so similar,both sucks at ground but they both are incredible in stand up,so this could be the best stand up mma match ever[/quote']

hahaha this.

winner gets a title shot!

toney begged for a fight and he got one.... taylor made to make him look foolish, dana wouldn't have him fight again, i doubt toney would want to fight ufc again, he is already vocal about wanting randy in a boxing match, now im sure randy would love toney in a wrestling match.... so heres and idea let the meet in some kinda of a mixed matchup !!

........Oh wait they did.... ROFL

You would like that huh..A pro boxer who knows nothing about MMA gettin a Title shot after 2 matches...Well too bad Dcent!! Toney aint ****' date=' Randy prooved he?s nothing in the Octagon,all you have to do is take him down, Hell I could take Plumbercrack James down and submit him! He?s is the easiest opponent you can have in the UFC, a guy who only has stand up and nothing else..what a joke! Hell a former pro wrestler could do a better job in there...Oh wait a minute,there was this pro wrestler named Brock Lesnar..I think he is now known as the Heavyweight Champion of the World,you know, that fake wrestler and that ??steriod? user? The guy who actually knows what to do when taking roids, unlike ur boy James ??RoidFail?? Toney who transformed himself into a fat potato and got caught doing it..I think Toney should ask Brock if he can come over and train with the him, Toney could learn few things from Brock, and hey while they are at it, Toney could teach Brock some stand up,make him a even dangerous fighter then he already is! :D[/quote']

We still don't really know how good Toney could have been in MMA to be honest. His ground game obviously sucks but then again Randy did the exact some thing to more experienced fighters like Tito and Chuck. Just because he is a boxer does not mean he can't learn takedown defence and on the feet he would massacre any UFC fighter even in the shape he is in now. In the end it was a crappy matchup and Dana knew Randy would be the man to take him down and don't mess around with Toney. Someone like JDS might have been tempted to strike with him and probably get embarrased by a over the hill and overweight pro boxer. If you look at how Brock responded to a single upercut of Carwin I wouldn't have let him fight Toney as well lol.