You do realize BJ chased that skirt for 50 minutes right?

MachidaPwned

A shame he couldnt catch him.

Oh wait. He did catch him a few times and managed to get beat up every time he did.

Time for the huggers to face facts: Frankie Edgar will beat BJ Penn every single time.

He just has a game BJ can;t beat.

:) Frankie has the answer for BJ. Plain and simple.

All of this "he can't beat this guy" because of his style is ridiculous. Frankie can't "beat" BJ either, because of his style. He can out point him, but never did he even attempt to finish him.

But besides thinking that way, anyone can win ANY fight. I could beat Brock Lesnar if I trained for long enough, had the right game plan, and got a bit lucky with him making the right mistakes. It's just the way it works. There is no such thing as one guy will beat another guy no matter what... especially when he was no where close to finishing him.

All of this "he can't beat this guy" because of his style is ridiculous. Frankie can't "beat" BJ either' date=' because of his style. He can out point him, but never did he even attempt to finish him.

But besides thinking that way, anyone can win ANY fight. I could beat Brock Lesnar if I trained for long enough, had the right game plan, and got a bit lucky with him making the right mistakes. It's just the way it works. There is no such thing as one guy will beat another guy no matter what... especially when he was no where close to finishing him.[/quote']

Excellent point!!! Question for you, Is it possible for fighter A to have fighter B's "number"? I have some reservations about this and I like the way you think.

Excellent point!!! Question for you' date=' Is it possible for fighter A to have fighter B's "number"? I have some reservations about this and I like the way you think.[/quote']

It really depends on what we're talking about in regards to having their number.

If it's styles, I agree styles make fights, but that doesn't mean it's a for sure win for the guy with the right style.

Randy Couture was the PERFECT style to shut out James Toney. But, James could have caught Randy if Randy would have stood up with him long enough, and maybe even shot in differently.

Like Chael being the Anderson antidote. He is the perfect style to out point Anderson. But Anderson is the more likely to finish him. So it's so hard to tell who has whose number.

But if you mean like saying Rampage beat Chuck in Pride and in UFC so therefore Chuck can't beat him... it comes out to who did the right things in the fight and in training and preparing.

Dan Hardy could still beat GSP if he learns the right techniques to stop the takedown even though he got dominated last time. Anyone can win any fight. So many aspects go into a fight that saying anyone can beat a competitive trained athlete every time they fight is crazy.

Especially a fighter with a resume like BJ Penn.

BJ will be back and eventually he'll hold the title again... He just has to realize that he needs to start impliment better gameplans then "no one can beat me standing"

If he were to attempt to take Edgar down throughtout the fit and try to set them up for submissions he might have been champion right now.

Archived