After Kos Gets Done Raping GSP, What Will GSP's Excuse Be?

Guessue24

if gsp loses his fans will make more excuses and he'll say something like " i had family trouble" and then kos will call him fenchie and then gsp will beat him in the rematch

You are very wrong indeed young one.

There are many GSP fans here, and they all know to accept defeat. None of us gave GSP any excuses for either Serra or Hughes. Both fights were won by the better fighter in that given night. Just to remind you, that GSP went back to training camp, and came back to beat both guys.

If Kos wins (and I do find that funny, just typing it) we will not make excuses. Guarenteed.

I wish it could be said for fans of a certain sore loser, who always blames everyone else but his pathetic self for his well deserved losses...

Now, on topic.

Kos has a fighter's chance. No one will take that from him.

If you ask what's likely? GSP is better than Kos in every department, and should have the belt after that fight as well.

You are very wrong indeed young one.

There are many GSP fans here' date=' and they all know to accept defeat. None of us gave GSP any excuses for either Serra or Hughes. Both fights were won by the better fighter in that given night. Just to remind you, that GSP went back to training camp, and came back to beat both guys.

If Kos wins (and I do find that funny, just typing it) we will not make excuses. Guarenteed.

I wish it could be said for fans of a certain sore loser, who always blames everyone else but his pathetic self for his well deserved losses...

Now, on topic.

Kos has a fighter's chance. No one will take that from him.

If you ask what's likely? GSP is better than Kos in every department, and should have the belt after that fight as well.[/quote']

is this certain sore loser bj by any chance

GSP: "How did he beat me? What did he do with his hands to knock me out? Oh' date=' that's called striking? I thought this was the Ultimate Dryhumping Championship?"[/quote']

Matt the terror Serra: "How the hell did he beat me? I was doing my turtle routine, what did he do with his legs? Oh, that's called knees? I thought it was the Ultimate Getting your **** handed to you championship"

If this year has shown us anything it is there is no sure thing in MMA.

That said lets look at the fight objectively.

Striking:

GSP is a much more technically proficient striker, both with his hand, feet, footwork and defense. GSP has also been training with Fredie Roach.

Kos fans talk up Koschecks supposed KO power. I'm assuming this is based on the Yoshida KO. So lets look at that. Yoshida is a south paw grappler with medicore striking ablilites. A south paw's biggest weakness is usually the overhand or right hook. He got caught with just such a punch by Kos standing straight up, chin up hands down. It was a recipe for a KO. Beyond that we have the Frank Trigg TKO. It took Kos 5-6 punches to do to Trigg what Serra did with 1 right hand.

Advantage GSP.

Grappling:

If the first fight was any indication GSP is the better ground fighter. Both takedowns, passing guard,control and submissions. Kos is a good wrestler he has shown that, but I would say Fitch is still better and GSP handled him with ease.

Advantage GSP or at best a wash.

Athletisim, Size, Speed and Strength. No question all of these go to GSP. If there is one thing that is for sure in this fight it's that Kos is not going to outwork or out muscle GSP or be faster or more explosive.

So, while it's not out of the realm of possibility Koscheck can win this fight, unlike the other upsets or near upsets we have seen so far this year, there is not one area of the matchup where Koscheck has a distinct advantage over the Champ.

Unlike Edagr, Kos is not a faster, better striker with better cardio.

Unlike Sonnen, Kos does not have a distinct advantage in the wrestling and takedown department.

I see Kos as a slower,less accomplished version of GSP and that is not a recipe for a big upset.

If this year has shown us anything it is there is no sure thing in MMA.

That said lets look at the fight objectively.

Striking:

GSP is a much more technically proficient striker' date=' both with his hand, feet, footwork and defense. GSP has also been training with Fredie Roach.

Kos fans talk up Koschecks supposed KO power. I'm assuming this is based on the Yoshida KO. So lets look at that. Yoshida is a south paw grappler with medicore striking ablilites. A south paw's biggest weakness is usually the overhand or right hook. He got caught with just such a punch by Kos standing straight up, chin up hands down. It was a recipe for a KO. Beyond that we have the Frank Trigg TKO. It took Kos 5-6 punches to do to Trigg what Serra did with 1 right hand.

Advantage GSP.

Grappling:

If the first fight was any indication GSP is the better ground fighter. Both takedowns, passing guard,control and submissions. Kos is a good wrestler he has shown that, but I would say Fitch is still better and GSP handled him with ease.

Advantage GSP or at best a wash.

Athletisim, Size, Speed and Strength. No question all of these go to GSP. If there is one thing that is for sure in this fight it's that Kos is not going to outwork or out muscle GSP or be faster or more explosive.

So, while it's not out of the realm of possibility Koscheck can win this fight, unlike the other upsets or near upsets we have seen so far this year, there is not one area of the matchup where Koscheck has a distinct advantage over the Champ.

Unlike Edagr, Kos is not a faster, better striker with better cardio.

Unlike Sonnen, Kos does not have a distinct advantage in the wrestling and takedown department.

I see Kos as a slower,less accomplished version of GSP and that is not a recipe for a big upset.[/quote']

You put it perfectly well sir!

I thought that Kos would lose to Rumble by Ko, but he proved me wrong big time so I am not going to count him out ever again. I think in the first fight Kos was caught off guard with the takedown ability of GSP, and at the time I believe he was traing almost strictly boxing, but now that he knows that GSP's takedowns are great, he will be really focusing on his wrestling for this camp and not just his stand up. That being said I agree with whoever said GSP has more technical striking, but I believe that Kos's striking has come along way and I think he has the advantage in punching power. It'll be a great fight and a really tough one to call but im going with Kos by UD or 2nd round tko

I thought that Kos would lose to Rumble by Ko' date=' but he proved me wrong big time so I am not going to count him out ever again. [b']I think in the first fight Kos was caught off guard with the takedown ability of GSP, and at the time I believe he was traing almost strictly boxing, but now that he knows that GSP's takedowns are great, he will be really focusing on his wrestling for this camp and not just his stand up[/b]. That being said I agree with whoever said GSP has more technical striking, but I believe that Kos's striking has come along way and I think he has the advantage in punching power. It'll be a great fight and a really tough one to call but im going with Kos by UD or 2nd round tko

This was said about Hardy, Alves and Fitch as well... They all KNEW what GSP is good at, but weren't able to avoid it. GSP's TDs are fast and powerfull. He closes the distance, on most occasions, before the opponent has time to react. Kos can prepare for it, and work on his sprawl and what not, but it will take excellent timing on his part, to deal with the TDs.

I disagree with the assessment of punching power too, but that's a different story.

This was said about Hardy' date=' Alves and Fitch as well... They all KNEW what GSP is good at, but weren't able to avoid it. GSP's TDs are fast and powerfull. He closes the distance, on most occasions, before the opponent has time to react. Kos can prepare for it, and work on his sprawl and what not, but it will take excellent timing on his part, to deal with the TDs.

I disagree with the assessment of punching power too, but that's a different story.[/quote']

Yes Hardy, Alves, and Fitch knew this but I think Kos is a better wrestler than those guy (except maybe Fitch, thats a close one), but this is his second fight against GSP so he at least has a feel for what he might see when they fight (I know GSP is only getting better Im just saying) and his training partner is Fitch, so everything consider I think Kos will be able to avoid the majority of GSP's takedowns.

Yes Hardy' date=' Alves, and Fitch knew this but I think Kos is a better wrestler than those guy (except maybe Fitch, thats a close one), but this is his second fight against GSP so he at least has a feel for what he might see when they fight (I know GSP is only getting better Im just saying) and his training partner is Fitch, so everything consider I think Kos will be able to avoid the majority of GSP's takedowns.[/quote']

When Fitch fought GSP he had Kos's knowledge of already fighting GSP that didnt help him one bit and got thoroughly destroyed.

When Fitch fought GSP he had Kos's knowledge of already fighting GSP that didnt help him one bit and got thoroughly destroyed.

Yeah but Kos didnt get destroyed by GSP in their first fight, Im just saying having guys with eperience against your next opponent to train with helps out, so I think this time around he will be prepared.

Archived