Only way BJ can become a contender again.

wingzero8717

The only way i see BJ Penn returning too being a contender is if he leaves Hawaii and trains at a top gym like Extreme Couture, Blackhouse, American Top Team, American Kickboxing Academy or Greg Jackson's. In every training camp Penn has he's been the best fighter and his training partners are cans. Penn needs to reinvigorate himself and give up on the easy going camps if he wants any chance too climb back too the top of the division let alone beat Edgar if he gets there. Below is what i believe Penn needs too claw his way back too the top.

1.) Get the hell out of Hawaii.

2.) Join one of the gym's listed above.

3.)Get a new strength and conditioning program

4.)Penn has too find a way too get motivated for fights not all guys will motivate you with trash talk.

5.) BJ needs training partners that are superior too him in areas too push him.

If BJ Penn continues too sit on his a$$ in Hawaii and train like he has been any top 5 LW is gonna make him look like a fool.

he needs to change things up' date=' but i'm not sure he wants to...i think his desire to win is less than his desire to keep making money before his body cannot handle this sport anymore...[/quote']

We will find out by his next fight if he continues to train like he has been and just half a$$ it i can see MANY Lightweights able to beat him. But if he trains hard and in another gym he is very hard for anyone in the world too handle.

Totall agree he can go to Blackhouse someone posted a vid were they were asking him to go train with them. If he would trained with Blackhouse for this fight he would have that belt back.....

BJ Penn is a good fighter but he needs too get the fire back he had earlier in his career and i think training at a gym like blackhouse would drastically improve his skills.

nah' date=' he doesn't need to train harder. Just needs to make more videos of cliff jumping, running underwater, and also some fake ones too like the one where he jumps out of the pool with the camera at just the right angle so you can't see the block he was standing on.[/quote']

Actually i seen the pool video that was real, but the point is we will see how Penn responds to being beaten as badly as he was. I will know if hes serious if he changes his camp and his personnel he trains with.

BJ Penn should do what Lesnar does... completely stay away from society. LOL

Seriously! Brock Lesnar has his own gym and camp on his property and brings in good people to train with (Couture, Marty Morgan) and Penn should spend less time partying it up.

I'm always seeing links for videos from bjpenn.com or youtube videos of him.

If he spent all the time training rather than making dumb videos... I'm sure it'd help him.

You don't hear a lot about Lesnar between his fights.

The only way i see BJ Penn returning too being a contender is if he leaves Hawaii and trains at a top gym like Extreme Couture' date=' Blackhouse, American Top Team, American Kickboxing Academy or Greg Jackson's. In every training camp Penn has he's been the best fighter and his training partners are cans. Penn needs to reinvigorate himself and give up on the easy going camps if he wants any chance too climb back too the top of the division let alone beat Edgar if he gets there. Below is what i believe Penn needs too claw his way back too the top.

1.) Get the hell out of Hawaii.

2.) Join one of the gym's listed above.

3.)Get a new strength and conditioning program

4.)Penn has too find a way too get motivated for fights not all guys will motivate you with trash talk.

5.) BJ needs training partners that are superior too him in areas too push him.

If BJ Penn continues too sit on his a$$ in Hawaii and train like he has been any top 5 LW is gonna make him look like a fool.[/quote']

Very good post! very good points!

he needs to change things up' date=' but i'm not sure he wants to...i think his desire to win is less than his desire to keep making money before his body cannot handle this sport anymore...[/quote']

Also true...

Actually i seen the pool video that was real' date='

[/quote']

how do you know it was real? you couldn't see if he was standing on anything or not. If it was real, they probably would have put the camera somewhere that would show he wasn't cheating.

but the point is we will see how Penn responds to being beaten as badly as he was. I will know if hes serious if he changes his camp and his personnel he trains with.

that's what they said last time.

He does need to get out of Hawaii, man can you imagin training there. I cant I dont think I would be able to do it, people go there to vacation. Another thing he needs to get rid of all the people he has around him, I hear he has a bunch of yes men, he needs people to tell him exactly what is up not what he wants to hear......

He does need to get out of Hawaii' date=' man can you imagin training there. I cant I dont think I would be able to do it, people go there to vacation. Another thing he needs to get rid of all the people he has around him, I hear he has a bunch of yes men, he needs people to tell him exactly what is up not what he wants to hear......[/quote']

+1

He does need to get out of Hawaii' date=' man can you imagin training there. I cant I dont think I would be able to do it, people go there to vacation. Another thing he needs to get rid of all the people he has around him, I hear he has a bunch of yes men, he needs people to tell him exactly what is up not what he wants to hear......[/quote']

tho i agree somewhat. I've lived in hawaii for 22 years, believe me, you get used to it. You can focus on training and live in hawaii.

The problem is training partners, he needs better people to train with maybe

BJ needs take advantage of a good position he had frankie on his back twice and he didnt do **** and that is crazy cuz he is a BJJ master...If someone like thiago silva or machida was on top they would make the most of it...

Frankie exploded out of the back mount, which Penn being so good on the ground should not of let happen.

I think if he just changed his training camp he would be back to his days when he destroyed people. His corner men suck family or not, this did not give him advice except get that **** sucker and finish him BJ worst advice every he had success taking him down why didnt he try to follow up with it if he did what Frankie did to him he could of won a decision but he was to dumb to do that. i think if he trains at Blackhouse we will see the best most dangerous BJ Penn ever Anderson and all those good fighters in there will push him unlike his family and training partners

Archived