why do people get married?

Rup

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as the title states.

I truly don't understand it. life is way too short to not do what you want and I feel a marriage gets in the way of that often. the single life is where it's at.

anyone want to enlighten me

There are 3 types of people

1 Those who want to be/get married cause of some preconceievd notion(women....sorry) that it is the right thing to do. Also for some they want to.

2. Those who wanna be stay single

3. Those who dont give a **** about it and keep to themselves

anyway you cut I dont understand it either.

Three reasons:

1. Family forces them.

2. No one wants to die alone.

3. Tax break.

4. Citizenship

5. Childrens needs

6. So no one thinks you are a dbag

7. People think it brings respect(fools)

1 Those who want to be/get married cause of some preconceievd notion(women....sorry) that it is the right thing to do. Also for some they want to.

4. Citizenship

5. Childrens needs

Can you win a President of a nation position if you're Single, voters attached the word responsible to a married guy. It's been that way since Day 1. Are they fools?

as the title states.

I truly don't understand it. life is way too short to not do what you want and I feel a marriage gets in the way of that often. the single life is where it's at.

Kids.

False security.

Society dictates that this is what we should do.

It is all a farce though.

as the title states.

People get married because they want to have a life and a family.

Someday soon you might notice your voice changing and that hair is growing on parts of your body where there didnt used to be hair.

Then you might start to understand a little better.

Can you win a President of a nation position if you're Single' date=' voters attached the word responsible to a married guy. It's been that way since Day 1. Are they fools?[/quote']

Yes they are fools.

The fact that a single man cannot run the country without having a wife is the fear of homosexuality or some other taboo that was around.

The whole Family man notion needs to stop, cause what if there was a man who could run this country into greatness again and happen to be single?

Would he lose the election or the ablility to run cause he doesnt want to be a family man?

Lets face it some of us guys dont deserve to be husbands, fathers. We've all heard the word Deadbeats before, and we all know that some genes just arent meant to pass on to the next generation.

Bill Clinton is a married guy' date=' he got more chicks than 80% of single men in US.[/quote']

and he did so by cheating. he could have stayed single and still gotten all that **** while not living a lie or eventually getting in trouble.

Yes they are fools.

The fact that a single man cannot run the country without having a wife is the fear of homosexuality or some other taboo that was around.

The whole Family man notion needs to stop' date=' cause what if there was a man who run this country into greatness again and happen to be single?

Would he lose the election or the ablility to run cause he doesnt want to be a family man?

Lets face it some of us guys dont deserve to be husbands, fathers. We've all heard the word Deadbeats before, and we all know that some genes just arent meant to pass on to the next generation.[/quote']

All hail honesty! ;)

Kids.

False security.

Society dictates that this is what we should do.

It is all a farce though.

Wow a female with my point of view.......Weird

Apllicable only to 18 years old and above.

I should 15 and above since most lose it by the age of 16

the only people who don't like marriage are typically the ones who'll never be married because they are unable to find a partner. If they do they usually ruin the relationship.

This is true, cannot believe in something if you didnt have belief in it in the first place

Yes they are fools.

The whole Family man notion needs to stop' date=' cause what if there was a man who run this country into greatness again and happen to be single?

Lets face it some of us guys dont deserve to be husbands, fathers. We've all heard the word Deadbeats before, and we all know that some genes just arent meant to pass on to the next generation.[/quote']

Being a leader and still single might sometimes affect your judgement. I mean how can you understand the needs of a woman & kids if you're still single. As leader you must analyze things in many views.

I think that everyone of us, religious or not, atheist or not, has fears and doubts. No one wants to die alone, and most of the things we do is to show other people we are OK, and to get accepted.

Like, If I don't get a job? What's the friggin problem? We're all gonna die one day, we are all the same.. but parents, family, society think they know it all and love to tell other people what to do. Some don't stand the pressure and live like they 'should'.

If you want to get married, it's OK. If you don't want to, it's also OK.

4. CITIZENSHIP

5. Childrens needs

Locutis-ogura%2520yuko%2520maid%252001.jpg

Being a leader and still single might sometimes affect your judgement. I mean how can you understand the needs of a woman & kids if you're still single. As leader you must analyze things in many views.

True but as a married man judgement can also be swayed, cause you're thinking too much of your family instead of the lives of others as well.

Im single, and I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew and I understand the children aspect cos I love them dearly as they are my brothers children. But cos Im single I see everyone not man, woman, but human beings.

I understand the needs of a woman, or women which is why I choose to be single. I cannot give what I dont not have which is time & emotions since I have a hard time dealing with my own issues

Wow a female with my point of view.......Weird

Not weird. Realism at it's finest. I know what I'm talking about. Why don't we just save the planet from all the cheating spouses and unhappy parents? Cause I mean really - how many REALLY happy marriages do you know of?

Married people - please do not come in here and go on and on incessantly about how damn happy you are. Truly happy people do not have to go around telling the whole world how happy they are.

In addition - something to consider. We as humans are mammals. And yet - we are the only ones with the logic ability to reason. Look around at the animal kingdom. Do they mate for life? Hell no. It is, at it's foundation, an unnatural state of being for mammals. Could that be why people cheat? Think about it. We are basing a lifetime on a largely biblical notion of union. Mostly based on what society dictates we should do. I say screw society, the Jonses' and the rest of them. Everyone should do whatever works for them. If it is marriage, and yoursis happy and working, then hats off to ya. If not, likewise. Just my 2 cents.

well...i did do whole marriage because of kids and it felt right...+my wife is hottie so why not

Same here. I find it interesting so many people in this thread seem to be opposed to it. Me I feel like whatever works for you. I did the single thing got tired or it and found someone I actually wanted to spend the rest of my life with but regardless if I got married or not I see nothing wrong with either.

Not weird. Realism at it's finest. I know what I'm talking about. Why don't we just save the planet from all the cheating spouses and unhappy parents? Cause I mean really - how many REALLY happy marriages do you know of?

Married people - please do not come in here and go on and on incessantly about how damn happy you are. Truly happy people do not have to go around telling the whole world how happy they are.

In addition - something to consider. We as humans are mammals. And yet - we are the only ones with the logic ability to reason. Look around at the animal kingdom. Do they mate for life? Hell no. It is' date=' at it's foundation, an unnatural state of being for mammals. Could that be why people cheat? Think about it. We are basing a lifetime on a largely biblical notion of union. Mostly based on what society dictates we should do. I say screw society, the Jonses' and the rest of them. Everyone should do whatever works for them. If it is marriage, and yoursis happy and working, then hats off to ya. If not, likewise. Just my 2 cents.[/quote']

I don't understand why my friends laugh at me because I masturb@te. Let me be, right?

Nope. Only man & woman can get married. It's been like that since Day 1. The evidence is the Bible.

So cause someone wrote down words on paper and called it "The Bible" makes it rule in current peoples real existence? Don't you think for yourself? I am not saying it is right or wrong, but who the hell are we to judge?

Someday soon you might notice your voice changing and that hair is growing on parts of your body where there didnt used to be hair.

+1000

Kids these days.... its sad really.

Yes they are fools.

The whole Family man notion needs to stop' date=' cause what if there was a man who could run this country into greatness again and happen to be single?

If your too genetically inferior to manage 3 or 4 people in a family your for damn sure too inferior to manage 300-400 million people.

In addition - something to consider. We as humans are mammals. And yet - we are the only ones with the logic ability to reason. Look around at the animal kingdom. Do they mate for life? Hell no. It is' date=' at it's foundation, an unnatural state of being for mammals. Could that be why people cheat? Think about it. We are basing a lifetime on a largely biblical notion of union. Mostly based on what society dictates we should do. I say screw society, the Jonses' and the rest of them. Everyone should do whatever works for them. If it is marriage, and yoursis happy and working, then hats off to ya. If not, likewise. Just my 2 cents.[/quote']

I agree, Ive never met a happy couple. I havent, my older has brother has problems with his wife, nothing major but I see the difficulties when I was living with them in another city. I saw my parents break apart at the seems, I see family members always arguing with their partners.

Honestly I fell in love with a married woman, maybe cause I knew she would never choose me over her husband. Maybe thats why I did it cause I knew I would never win, and that I would never make her mine. Cause since then I dont look at other women the same, cause she is always on my mind.

You'll always desire the things you can never have, yet never appreciating the things you got.

it's funny that you call out my level of maturity which in reality expresses your lack of maturity.

sorry guy - but my idea of "a life" is doing what I want to and enjoying every second of it that I can. not hearing about how I don't spend enough time with her or how she hates that fighting stuff I watch or how the house is dirty or 10 million other things.

Many mammals mate for life. Wolves are especially noted for it.

So cause someone wrote down words on paper and called it "The Bible" makes it rule in current peoples real existence? Don't you think for yourself? I am not saying it is right or wrong' date=' but who the hell are we to judge?[/quote']

The word "Married" can be defined as the Documentation of Union of Man & Woman and not as man & man or woman & woman. That's the meaning of the word married since Day 1.

Now if gay & lesbian people wants to get married, thay must create new word for their Union. IDK what they'll call it but they cannot call it marriage. Maybe they should try calling it Lustriage and they'll call themselves Lustrried.

Anyway we cannot hijacked this thread.

I don't understand why my friends laugh at me because I masturb@te. Let me be' date=' right?[/quote']

LMAO

Nope. Only man & woman can get married. It's been like that since Day 1. The evidence is the Bible.

The Bible is all lies' date=' everything in the bible has been stolen from stories from other civilizations that pre-date every story within it.

Everything from the bible is stolen from the Egyptians(exodus which is also greek, 10 commandments, birth of christ), Mesopotamia(flood/noah, garden of eden), St John Revelations(zoaraster/islamic-I think I spelled it right), Sumaria(creation, and everything else)

If your too genetically inferior to manage 3 or 4 people in a family your for damn sure too inferior to manage 300-400 million people.

Im not geneticly inferrior, I meant in general

Uhhhh...sure?

The word "Married" can be defined as the Documentation of Union of Man & Woman and not as man & man or woman & woman. That's the meaning of the word married since Day 1.

Now if gay & lesbian people wants to get married' date=' thay must create new word for their Union. IDK what they'll call it but they cannot call it marriage. Maybe they should try calling it Lustriage and they'll call themselves Lustrried.

Anyway we cannot hijacked this thread.[/quote']

That's something I have to talk about too. Gay people just WANT to get Married because they're not allowed most of the times. Instead of being with each other and loving and caring, they take their time trying to legalize it so they can tell other people they actually are married. What matters isn't the ring around your finger, but the feelings between the 2 people.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they should be allowed to.

it's funny that you call out my level of maturity which in reality expresses your lack of maturity.

sorry guy - but my idea of "a life" is doing what I want to and enjoying every second of it that I can. not hearing about how I don't spend enough time with her or how she hates that fighting stuff I watch or how the house is dirty or 10 million other things.

Does that mean you have to question everyone else's decisions on how they live their lives.

Try giving other people as much latitude as you demand for yourself...boy.

+1000

Kids these days.... its sad really.

please explain to me how being married constitutes having a life. having a family takes a lot of time and takes away a lot of that life. now if that's what you want - cool. but the divorce rate suggests that's not what people want. the fact that the majority of people who actually stay married aren't happy suggests that's not what people want.

my opinion is that most who get married do so becuase society tells them to. not everybody, but a majority - which starts at 51 percent.

and to those suggesting I'm a kid - maybe we'll meet someday.

please explain to me how being married constitutes having a life. having a family takes a lot of time and takes away a lot of that life. now if that's what you want - cool. but the divorce rate suggests that's not what people want. the fact that the majority of people who actually stay married aren't happy suggests that's not what people want.

my opinion is that most who get married do so becuase society tells them to. not everybody' date=' but a majority - which starts at 51 percent.

and to those suggesting I'm a kid - maybe we'll meet someday.[/quote']

Those divirced couple got married again. So I think they still wants a married life. You see if there's a law that is if you file for divorce is that you cannot be allow to marry again, then trust me the divorce rate will turn to zero.

Archived