Nate Diaz (13-5) Vs. Matt Hughes (45-7).

ThirstForBLOOD

Hughes has fought much much better fighters than Diaz.

I doubt Diaz even has a punchers chance in this fight.

He doesn't have the KO power to knock out Hughes, Hughes has fought much better BJJ fighters than Diaz and easily disposed them, and if Gray Maynard can out wrestler Diaz, Hughes will make Diaz look like a child.

Hughes wins 99% - 1% in my opinion.

He doesn't have the KO power to knock out Hughes' date=' Hughes has fought much better BJJ fighters than Diaz and easily disposed them, and if [b']Gray Maynard can out wrestler[/b] Diaz, Hughes will make Diaz look like a child.

Hughes wins 99% - 1% in my opinion.

nice to know you haven't seen their fights, the first one Diaz triangled him and the second one was on the feet the entire time.

nice to know you haven't seen their fights' date=' the first one Diaz triangled him and the second one was on the feet the entire time.[/quote']

lol exactly... that guy must not know what the hell he's talking about because Maynard wanted nothing to do with Nate on the ground in the rematch. Maynard's record may say he's undefeated but Nate caught him on TUF and Gray is also one of very few people to knock themselves out during a takedown.

lol exactly... that guy must not know what the hell he's talking about because Maynard wanted nothing to do with Nate on the ground in the rematch. Maynard's record may say he's undefeated but Nate caught him on TUF and Gray is also one of very few people to knock themselves out during a takedown.

Jesus Christ some people are stupid.

It stayed standing because yes, Gray was a chicken **** to go to the ground, he kept it standing with his wrestling. So yes, Gray out wrestled him, hughes would embarrass him.

Not only that, but Gray is at least evolving, Diaz is still the stupid punk kid with more ego than brains.

Hughes will toss him around like a little ***** and will beat him standing, in his guard or off his back. there is no spot Diaz has an advantage in this fight, and Hughes will not be scared to take him down.

So keep sucking off Diaz, but it wont make him a better fighter.

It stayed standing because yes' date=' Gray was a chicken **** to go to the ground, he kept it standing with his wrestling. So yes, Gray out wrestled him, hughes would embarrass him.

Not only that, but Gray is at least evolving, Diaz is still the stupid punk kid with more ego than brains.

Hughes will toss him around like a little ***** and will beat him standing, in his guard or off his back. there is no spot Diaz has an advantage in this fight, and Hughes will not be scared to take him down.

So keep sucking off Diaz, but it wont make him a better fighter.[/quote']

I'm not sucking off anyone but Maynard standing with Diaz doesn't mean he outwrestled him... he won by split decision. When they were on TUF Diaz subbed him.

I'd give Hughes a UD more then likely but Nate has a good guard and a good chin. I don't see Hughes knocking him out or catching an armbar like a few have mentioned.

Why are people overhyping diaz so much? Seriously he has beaten no big names, his wrestling is terrible, his striking is weak, he's weak himself he's 6 foot tall and has arms no bigger than my sisters.. He's a ****y prick and isn't even good enough to be considered a gatekeeper... He'll never get a title shot people sry to break ur balls, oh and he would get smashed by Hughes.. Hughes 2nd round tko!

So, Royce, Renzo, Serra, Almedia and Lytle, all accomplished submission guys weren't able to submit Hughes but Nate frakin Diaz would get him in a triangle... Give your heads a shake,

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Hughes wins this going away. Either chokes him out or GnP's the life out of him, then chokes him out via farmaconda, then breaks his arm just for fun.

It stayed standing because yes' date=' Gray was a chicken **** to go to the ground, he kept it standing with his wrestling. So yes, Gray out wrestled him, hughes would embarrass him.

So keep sucking off Diaz, but it wont make him a better fighter.[/quote']

In fairness, Diaz would thoroughly school Hughes standing, the reach advantage he'd have would be pretty ridiculous.

That being said, Nate would still get thrown to the ground and dominated; Hughes doesn't get caught in triangles; just ask Carlos Newton

Hughes by TKO.

Shame on all of you.

Most MMA fans seems to have the attention span and memory of a goldfish, and can usually only remember as far back as the last card.

Diaz is a generally a LW, and has never even FACED any WW worth mentioning (no offense intended to Marcus Davis, someone who still doesn't quit when their head is that swollen deserves some serious respect)

Hughes is one of the strongest ever @ WW and has only lost to GSP and BJ (and somehow Dennis Hallman...twice)....it would be a slaughter

I would love to see Nate Diaz triangle Hughes. Then Diaz could take the same ride that Carlos Newton did.

Hughes_Slam_display_image.jpg?1280606581

I wouldn't say that.

Hughes was out as was newton, that was a double Ko that was not caught. Hughes was lucky that time.When he woke up he didn't know wtf was going on.

It stayed standing because yes, Gray was a chicken **** to go to the ground, he kept it standing with his wrestling. So yes, Gray out wrestled him, hughes would embarrass him.

So keep sucking off Diaz, but it wont make him a better fighter.

Im not saying diaz will win against hughes but i think he has evolved he just out boxed a pro boxer in his last fight like totally outclassed him and then puts him to sleep in a couple seconds. It would be a good fight. And to the people who said hughes crush BJJ guys,Thats henzo gracie team cesar gracie has way better team.

Im not saying diaz will win against hughes but i think he has evolved he just out boxed a pro boxer in his last fight like totally outclassed him and then puts him to sleep in a couple seconds. It would be a good fight. And to the people who said hughes crush BJJ guys' date='Thats henzo gracie team cesar gracie has way better team.[/quote']

He has decent boxing, no doubt. But its a lot of reach and no power. He will not be KO'ing Matt.

As for the Gracie team, the team means little, Hughes has dealt with much better practitioners in BJJ than Diaz will ever hope to accomplish.

Hughes will tie him up and pound him out, or less likely sub him after Nate makes a mistake while getting pounded on.

Hughes is to experienced, to strong and to good of a wrestler for anything Nate can bring.

If Nate had some KO power, I would give him some better odds, but I just don't see him subbing Matt.

Nick Diaz maybe, not Nate.

He doesn't have the KO power to knock out Hughes' date=' Hughes has fought much better BJJ fighters than Diaz and easily disposed them, and if Gray Maynard can out wrestler Diaz, Hughes will make Diaz look like a child.

Hughes wins 99% - 1% in my opinion.[/quote']

Exactly.If everyone sees otherwise.You will see if they ever match up.Which I'm sure they won't.

He has decent boxing' date=' no doubt. But its a lot of reach and no power. He will not be KO'ing Matt.

As for the Gracie team, the team means little, Hughes has dealt with much better practitioners in BJJ than Diaz will ever hope to accomplish.

Hughes will tie him up and pound him out, or less likely sub him after Nate makes a mistake while getting pounded on.

Hughes is to experienced, to strong and to good of a wrestler for anything Nate can bring.

If Nate had some KO power, I would give him some better odds, but I just don't see him subbing Matt.

[b']Nick Diaz maybe, not Nate[/b].

Nick would give him a spanking beyond comprehension (sp? sorry wanted to sound cool)

Nick would give him a spanking beyond comprehension (sp? sorry wanted to sound cool)

If it was Nick, I would say 70/30 in Nicks favour with Hughes Wrestling being the only factor.

Nate, I am sitting around 99/1 in Matts favour. I just don't see what Nate can do to Hughes what better men couldn't in the past.

If it was Nick' date=' I would say 70/30 in Nicks favour with Hughes Wrestling being the only factor.

Nate, I am sitting around 99/1 in Matts favour. I just don't see what Nate can do to Hughes what better men couldn't in the past.[/quote']

well Nate on the feet owns Hughes all day everyday, and on the ground i see a guillotine/triangle awaiting him. (but once again on the train afterall)

Nate showed in his last fight he doesn't have crazy power.Sure he could mess up Matt on the feet,but do you honestly think Matt would be stupid enough to stand with him?He would probably throw a couple put him against cage.Or throw him to the ground.Matt has been in too many good fights,and is aware of any submission Nate would want to throw.Then I could see Nate gassing before Matt does,and then Matt taking him down and submitting him or pounding him out.How can you not see this.I can understand if Nate had good take down defense,and KO power.Or if Matt was use to getting submitted like Chael....

Archived