couture vs fedor

ShangTsung

Nah i'd give it to couture too' date=' his conditioning level is like an excellet fighter in their 20's, still has great wrestling, and is great in the clinch... Couture in my opinion still has the skills and strategy to get him back to the top![/quote']

Fedor will put Randy to his UFC Champions list. Couture has excellent conditioning but accept this he is on a 3 fight win streak against: Vera (slightly controversial decision), Coleman (washed up 47 year old who should just teach his cyborg-like daughter to fight), James "Fats Out" Toney (spoonfed W). If Couture was like 38 then i give the W to Couture

Fedor will put Randy to his UFC Champions list. Couture has excellent conditioning but accept this he is on a 3 fight win streak against: Vera (slightly controversial decision)' date=' Coleman (washed up 47 year old who should just teach his cyborg-like daughter to fight), James "Fats Out" Toney (spoonfed W). If Couture was like 38 then i give the W to Couture[/quote']

Ya fedors beaten ufc champs after they were cut, i mean arlovski and sylvia were kinda chumps... Couture did win against Vera and ya his other 2 opponents may not have been great but i mean Shogun looked like crap against Coleman... If Fedor did win or Couture either way it'd be a UD... Randy would watch for Fedors BJJ and Fedor would watch Randys wrestling... Both can take shots so it'd most likely be both picking each other apart!

Fedor will put Randy to his UFC Champions list. Couture has excellent conditioning but accept this he is on a 3 fight win streak against: Vera (slightly controversial decision)' date=' Coleman (washed up 47 year old who should just teach his cyborg-like daughter to fight), James "Fats Out" Toney (spoonfed W). If Couture was like 38 then i give the W to Couture[/quote']

agreed,another notch to his ufc champions list.

fedor is way to powerfull and explosive for couture,this fight shouldnt even be debated now,he wouldnt last 1 round.

Did Lesnar say hey lets go sign with strikeforce so i dont have to face elite fighters? No and is he still on a winning streak? No' date=' is Fedor ranked number one by any mma publication? No

Good day to you too sir![/quote']

elite?you mean up and comers,or fighters close to retirement...

nice one

fedor would DESTROY randy. no if's and's or but's. and to compare brock to fedor is the most rookiest move you can make.

no doubt about it

fedor would DESTROY randy. no if's and's or but's. and to compare brock to fedor is the most rookiest move you can make.

Wasn't much of a comparison just me saying Lesnar would beat Fedor and he's the better fighter... Lesnar ranked number 1, Lesnar faces the elite heavyweights not the overhyped guys the ufc cuts and doesnt want, Lesnar is till on a win streak... Ur right i guess there is no comparison Brock is the better fighter and has the balls to prove it.. If Fedor wants to prove it he needs to leave strikeforce!

elite?you mean up and comers' date='or fighters close to retirement...

nice one

no doubt about it[/quote']

Mir, Carwin, Dos Santos, Velasquez, Couture.... Any of of them could be the Strikeforce champion without a problem... If they were up and comers they'd be in Strikeforce with 2 losses under their belt and facing Fedor while being called the top contender... get outta here with that garbage lol!

Mir' date=' Carwin, Dos Santos, Velasquez, Couture.... Any of of them could be the Strikeforce champion without a problem... If they were up and comers they'd be in Strikeforce with 2 losses under their belt and facing Fedor while being called the top contender... get outta here with that garbage lol![/quote']

your a ufc fan only we get it,you shouldnt comment on fighters in other orgs or other orgs that you have no clue about.

thanks for verifying my list there for me tho

cheers

Wasn't much of a comparison just me saying Lesnar would beat Fedor and he's the better fighter... Lesnar ranked number 1' date=' Lesnar faces the elite heavyweights not the overhyped guys the ufc cuts and doesnt want, Lesnar is till on a win streak... Ur right i guess there is no comparison Brock is the better fighter and has the balls to prove it.. If Fedor wants to prove it he needs to leave strikeforce![/quote']

brock is the champ. but not ranked one i guarantee you that. brocks last performance was pathetic. he looked like a straight up rookie. makes the UFC belt look like a joke. ran like a *****. carwin threw his punches to the side like a female threw it at him. brocks biggest advantage was his wrestling and even that got shot down. the second round brock got the takedown with ease and just layed on him.

fedor last performance was a fluke. he got caught thats it. and theres just as much competition in the strikeforce heavyweights then in the UFC.

I read the title and laughed.

Fedor would win via rape and murder.

Geez, Couture gets an easy victory over an MMA worthless and completely out of shape James Toney and now he's some icon.

Non sense. He is a very respected MMA fighter but let's not blow this out of the water.

brock is the champ. but not ranked one i guarantee you that. brocks last performance was pathetic. he looked like a straight up rookie. makes the UFC belt look like a joke. ran like a *****. carwin threw his punches to the side like a female threw it at him. brocks biggest advantage was his wrestling and even that got shot down. the second round brock got the takedown with ease and just layed on him.

fedor last performance was a fluke. he got caught thats it. and theres just as much competition in the strikeforce heavyweights then in the UFC.

Lesnar is ranked the number one ehavyweight, sherdog,mma weekly... check em man!

Where do u see Reem over Brock and ya sherdogs are a bit biased but Reem is in no way better than Brock... Just cause Reem juiced up 60lbs and smashed a few b list fighters doesnt mean he's number one' date=' id have him like 6 or 7 maybe lower![/quote']

who are you to say brett fogers is a B list fighter. randy, frank, herring, and carwin are b list fighters. and that was the rumor that he juiced up but he didnt. guy just bulked up. where do you see brock taking down overeem? you cant. and where do you see brock outstriking overeem? you cant.

who are you to say brett fogers is a B list fighter. randy' date=' frank, herring, and carwin are b list fighters. and that was the rumor that he juiced up but he didnt. guy just bulked up. where do you see brock taking down overeem? you cant. and where do you see brock outstriking overeem? you cant.[/quote']

Randy 5 time champ yep he's a b list fighter, Frank Mir also former champion and got your tough strikeforce competitor tim sylvia cut from the UFC, Herring not overly great but still tough... Carwin had 11 fights in a row all 1st round finishes... if he was in strikforce he'd be considered the mma god of the century... Look im not doubting Overeem but I think Brock could definately take down Overeem and keep him there... big difference between being huge and being a great wrestler and huge... Right now it looks like Brock has the wrestling to take any heavyweight he wants and once he works on his striking he'll be ridiculous!

Randy 5 time champ yep he's a b list fighter' date=' Frank Mir also former champion and got your tough strikeforce competitor tim sylvia cut from the UFC, Herring not overly great but still tough... Carwin had 11 fights in a row all 1st round finishes... if he was in strikforce he'd be considered the mma god of the century... Look im not doubting Overeem but I think Brock could definately take down Overeem and keep him there... big difference between being huge and being a great wrestler and huge... Right now it looks like Brock has the wrestling to take any heavyweight he wants and once he works on his striking he'll be ridiculous![/quote']

Brock's MMA wrestling isn't that good. He was only able to take down Carwin when Carwin had some sort of weird body disfunction and locked up.

Randy 5 time champ yep he's a b list fighter' date=' Frank Mir also former champion and got your tough strikeforce competitor tim sylvia cut from the UFC, Herring not overly great but still tough... Carwin had 11 fights in a row all 1st round finishes... if he was in strikforce he'd be considered the mma god of the century... Look im not doubting Overeem but I think Brock could definately take down Overeem and keep him there... big difference between being huge and being a great wrestler and huge... Right now it looks like Brock has the wrestling to take any heavyweight he wants and once he works on his striking he'll be ridiculous![/quote']

randy is no A list fighter and you know it. overrated. hes a legend but no A list fighter. in my opnion he lost to vera. but whater thats the past. but overeem is just not huge he got skill behind that size. and for brock to get his striking up to par at his age and this late in the game is not gonna happen. you cant just learn striking at his age to compete with the best. hes gonna improve but not enough to compete in the striking game. and as far jiu jitsu he will learn the bare minum basics. he aint flexible enough to get into detail with the whole aspect of jiu jitsu. his best bet is to perfect his ground game in the MMA world. and carwin is no A list fighter he proved it when the fight went to the second round. i think he will be though.

randy is no A list fighter and you know it. overrated. hes a legend but no A list fighter. in my opnion he lost to vera. but whater thats the past. but overeem is just not huge he got skill behind that size. and for brock to get his striking up to par at his age and this late in the game is not gonna happen. you cant just learn striking at his age to compete with the best. hes gonna improve but not enough to compete in the striking game. and as far jiu jitsu he will learn the bare minum basics. he aint flexible enough to get into detail with the whole aspect of jiu jitsu. his best bet is to perfect his ground game in the MMA world. and carwin is no A list fighter he proved it when the fight went to the second round. i think he will be though.

Maybe at 47 he's not the a list fighter he once was but to say Couture was always a b list fighter is just crazy, and with the way brock picks up on things and how much power he is i do think he could learn enough in the striking department to become very effective... but oh well who knows unfortunately i think we both know the Overeem/Lesnar fight would never happen even though it would be a great fight!

Maybe at 47 he's not the a list fighter he once was but to say Couture was always a b list fighter is just crazy' date=' and with the way brock picks up on things and how much power he is i do think he could learn enough in the striking department to become very effective... but oh well who knows unfortunately i think we both know the Overeem/Lesnar fight would never happen even though it would be a great fight![/quote']

i agree. it could happen though. but the way it went down with the carwin fight i kind of doubt it. yea it would never happen. but i dont take nothing away from how far brock came in the sport. and hes guaranteed a spot in histroy with MMA. and he aint going no where any time soon. i can agree with you though.

I read the title and laughed.

Fedor would win via rape and murder.

Geez' date=' Couture gets an easy victory over an MMA worthless and completely out of shape James Toney and now he's some icon.

Non sense. He is a very respected MMA fighter but let's not blow this out of the water.[/quote']

I think you ll find he is an icon of the sport for helping bring the sport mainstream and being one of the greatest champions the sport has ever seen. Its nothing to do with the match against Toney but everything to do with the years of services he has completed with the UFC. Im not saying your not wrong about Fedor winning but your certainly way off when saying he is 'some sort of icon' after beating Toney. He has been an icon for years and it is well deserrved. FACT.

i agree. it could happen though. but the way it went down with the carwin fight i kind of doubt it. yea it would never happen. but i dont take nothing away from how far brock came in the sport. and hes guaranteed a spot in histroy with MMA. and he aint going no where any time soon. i can agree with you though.

Im one of those fans that loves for people to prove him wrong and i just wanna see Overeem in the UFC and if he can prove me wrong and continue his strong reign then all the more power to him, no doubt that they are both great fighters!

I think you ll find he is an icon of the sport for helping bring the sport mainstream and being one of the greatest champions the sport has ever seen. Its nothing to do with the match against Toney but everything to do with the years of services he has completed with the UFC. Im not saying your not wrong about Fedor winning but your certainly way off when saying he is 'some sort of icon' after beating Toney. He has been an icon for years and it is well deserrved. FACT.

Where were the Couture could beat Fedor threads prior to the victory over James Toney?

There weren't. We all know Vera won that fight, too.

Don't get me wrong. Randy Couture is a great fighter and yeah... he can be considered an ICON of the sport considering he is a HOF'er.

He has just been way too hyped since he beat the MMA nobody we call James Toney.

Where were the Couture could beat Fedor threads prior to the victory over James Toney?

There weren't. We all know Vera won that fight' date=' too.

Don't get me wrong. Randy Couture is a great fighter and yeah... he can be considered an ICON of the sport considering he is a HOF'er.

He has just been way too hyped since he beat the MMA nobody we call James Toney.[/quote']

Those threads were all being made when Randy left the UFC to try and fight Fedor.

Why is this even a question. Couture has fought top 5 ranked fighters 16 times in his career. Fedor only has three against top 5 ranked fighters. By top 5 ranked I mean ranked in the top five worldwide BEFORE the fight started. The Werdum fight doesn't count because Werdum was not top 5 BEFORE the fight. By the way I think it's pretty funny how Werdum was moved up to #2 or #3 just so they wouldn't have to rank Fedor too low. If you want to give respect to an old Pride fighter give it to Cro Cop, he has not done well in the UFC but at least he wanted to fight the best. One more win for Cro Cop and maybe he will.

Archived