UFC 126 or 127 back in Sydney, Australia

saintbrad

Friend of mine is a journo and spoke to Dana.

UFC will be back in Sydney in February 2011, so its looking like either 126 or 127 will be it.

Any early predictions for headliners??

Mine is Wanderlei Silva v Chris Leben,

Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen II would be wishful thinking, but they will be due around that time,

UFC will be back in Sydney in February 2011' date=' so its looking like either 126 or 127 will be it.

Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen II would be wishful thinking, but they will be due around that time,[/quote']

i dont think they will bring a title fight over here to Australia...they shuld hav wanderlei vs leben,and then a mainevent fight

i dont think they will bring a title fight over here to Australia...they shuld hav wanderlei vs leben' date='and then a mainevent fight[/quote']

well dana said they will bring a title fight if the timing is right, i mean the ufc 110 tickets went out pretty quick and ufc is growing in australia big time, so i think they might consider it.

if they do come, and its Silva vs Leben im going, aint missing out on this one. also Big Nog could be in it as well-perhaps against cawin?? if nog heals up by then

well dana said they will bring a title fight if the timing is right' date=' i mean the ufc 110 tickets went out pretty quick and ufc is growing in australia big time, so i think they might consider it.

if they do come, and its Silva vs Leben im going, aint missing out on this one. also Big Nog could be in it as well-perhaps against cawin?? if nog heals up by then[/quote']

big nog shuld not vs carwin,that wuld be another disaster over here in Aus for big nog...i wana see GSP fight here

i dont think they will bring a title fight over here to Australia...they shuld hav wanderlei vs leben' date='and then a mainevent fight[/quote']

Just curious, why do you think they would not set up a title fight in Australia? Seems as good a place as any, especially how fast 110 sold out. I would say they should get a title fight there.

Just curious' date=' why do you think they would not set up a title fight in Australia? Seems as good a place as any, especially how fast 110 sold out. I would say they should get a title fight there.[/quote']

I think they will bring a title shot over, but not for the next Australian one. I think they will check to see if the first one was a fluke, but if it sells out again, they will bring one over. But Im Aussie, so if they bring one over next, Hell, Im not complaining

I think they will bring a title shot over' date=' but not for the next Australian one. I think they will check to see if the first one was a fluke, but if it sells out again, they will bring one over. But Im Aussie, so if they bring one over next, Hell, Im not complaining[/quote']

Makes sense. I for one doubt the first one was a fluke though. I would bet a card with a title fight would sell out twice as fast as 110. But you probably have a better idea of what Australian MMA fans would go for.

110 was the second fastest UFC event to sell out,that and the fact that the events the day before (fan expo,weigh ins) etc were not just packed,but the lineup to actually get in was like 100 metres long,and there were 2 lines...and as for a title fight here,i just thought that the UFC wana keep every title fight in the U.S (except for dubai who had the money to get what they wanted)

110 was the second fastest UFC event to sell out' date='that and the fact that the events the day before (fan expo,weigh ins) etc were not just packed,but the lineup to actually get in was like 100 metres long,and there were 2 lines...and as for a title fight here,i just thought that the UFC wana keep every title fight in the U.S (except for dubai who had the money to get what they wanted)[/quote']

Eh I don't know about wanting to keep them all in the US. I think they are trying to expand globaly and sooner or later there will be more title fights outside of the US. The international fans are as much a part of the UFC's success as the US fans, so with the support they got in Australia I say they ought to set up a title fight there.

110 was the second fastest UFC event to sell out' date='that and the fact that the events the day before (fan expo,weigh ins) etc were not just packed,but the lineup to actually get in was like 100 metres long,and there were 2 lines...and as for a title fight here,i just thought that the UFC wana keep every title fight in the U.S (except for dubai who had the money to get what they wanted)[/quote']

There has been title fights in Canada and England. I think they want to make sure they aren't wasting their time before they bring one over

There has been title fights in Canada and England. I think they want to make sure they aren't wasting their time before they bring one over

u r right,my bad,but in canada it was GSP in the title fight,i am not saying there shuldnt be a title fight here,but they hav only brought one event here to AUS,so i thought they wuldnt do it in their second time coming here,and anyways it wont be lesnar or GSP,so it culd be silva,shogun or edgar if a title fight is to happen

If Gsot is ready for a title shot at the time, (I think he is ready now) that would be a cracker.

I have no doubts it would sell out, they didn't advertise here at all for the last one until after all tickets were gone.

But I doubt they would bring wandy out again,

UFC will be back in Sydney in February 2011' date=' so its looking like either 126 or 127 will be it.

Anderson Silva v Chael Sonnen II would be wishful thinking, but they will be due around that time,[/quote']

Wandy vs. Leben is very likely

I

I have no doubts it would sell out' date=' they didn't advertise here at all for the last one until after all tickets were gone.

,[/quote']

errr... yeah they did. it was very clear when they would be available.

anyways, of course there will be a title fight here in Oz. No reasons not to. Doesnt anyone remember Dana's quote's about UFC in Oz?? and with Melbourne begging for an event - not to mention Brisbane - (Bris Vegas - anyone?)

GSot v BJ - IF he hasnt lined up a title shot yet..

Leben v Wand (if wand's healed)

the aussies like slugfests so i would expect AT LEAST one of the following to be on the card...

Lytle

Guida

Cro Cop

Carwin

Nog (either)

A. Silva

Rampage (he already came over to promote a-team and loved it)

of course, Randy.

If Gsot is ready for a title shot at the time' date=' (I think he is ready now) that would be a cracker.

I have no doubts it would sell out, they didn't advertise here at all for the last one until after all tickets were gone.

But I doubt they would bring wandy out again,[/quote']

no offense but it's Wanderlei sorry man it's just bugging me

i think G-Sot vs. Penn is a match-up i wanna see first if not that winner of Dunham and Sherk

i think dana and the ufc will reward the ozzy people for supporting the first event there so well....i think all the tickets sold out before they even had the main card confirmed which is a good sign that australia arent token fans.

as for a title shot i think it has little relevence where the event is being held as the ufc always hold the card event times so they suit our PPV times here in the states.

i fully expect that G-sot and noke to be on the card but i really think dana will put a blockbuster fight on the card even if it isnt a title shot, also im pretty sure i read on one of the mma forums that it will be in sydney again and definatly not in melburn as they wont regulate MMA

I think it should be Rashad vs Shogun main - Vitor vs Wandy co/main - Sotiropoulos vs Florian - Marquardt vs Bisping- Pat Barry vs Cheick Kongo and for the last of the main card a rematch between chris lytle and Thiago Alves. Noke should be there but only on the under card

i seriously doubt that card u said would come down under...... BUT if it did, it would be class... Add Te Huna too that card and they wont be able to stop me from getting in..... was at ufc 110 and was blessed to get tix....... fingers crossed i get them again when they come back........

UFC is already huge here in Australia and is growing in popularity faster than anywhere - especially in Melbourne. By the time ufc 126/127 comes around it will be waayyyy bigger then it currently is. Dana has hinted that he want's to bring a big fight down here.

Hopefully this time it will be in Melbourne if the vic government gets rid of there cage fighting ban.

Hopefully G-Sot will be fighting.

BJ Penn vs G-Sot maybe??

Either G-sot vs BJ Penn or Gomi. I'm thinking Gomi with the winner to get a title shot.

Wandy was awesome this year and so was his after party. Him and Leben would be a sweet fight.

I will be there yet again regardless of who is there.

I doubt Carwin will be here. If he did, there would have to be a couple more of Greg Jackson's boys on the card.

I think it should be Rashad vs Shogun main - Vitor vs Wandy co/main - Sotiropoulos vs Florian - Marquardt vs Bisping- Pat Barry vs Cheick Kongo and for the last of the main card a rematch between chris lytle and Thiago Alves. Noke should be there but only on the under card

rashad vs shogun wuld be fantastic,then follow it up with wanderlei vs leben,carwin vs nelson,sot vs florian,lytle vs alves,marquardt vs bisping,barry vs kongo...haha all the possibilities

Archived