Get Aldo up to 155

britishranger

Could you imagine the fights the UFC could put on in the lightweight division with him

1./ Edgar vs Aldo...Speed vs Speed....Aldo's power wins the fight

2./ BJ Penn vs Jose Aldo...Skill vs Destruction...A Fully ready hungry BJ would win this fight but the BJ who turned up the last two fights would probably suffer the 1st KO of his career

2./ Kenflo vs Aldo....Technique vs Brutal...Aldo wins this fight by destructing Kenny on the feet and stopping and takedown attempt

First of all Jose Aldo needs to defend his FW belt more than 2 times before moving up to LW in the UFC. There is a undefeated contender who he hasn't fought yet at the name of Josh Grispi.

I believe a rush into the UFC 155 weightclass is a bit brash and could truly hurt his career , he is only 22 and will be thickening and growing I believe he should slowly try to put on muscle and transcend into the 155 weightclass when he can no longer make 145. He needs to get a guy like Gray Maynard or Joe Warren in to train with him on his wrestling defense so he will be prepared vs the larger and stronger 155 wrestlers. He needs train a bit more on his boxing I believe even if your best weapons are your knees and kicks you need to have great boxing to set them up and his hands are far from amazing.

This being said I believe if Aldo moves to 155 at the proper time with the correct preparation he will become the UFC 155 champion and will be considered the best pound for pound fighter in MMA.

First of all Jose Aldo needs to defend his FW belt more than 2 times before moving up to LW in the UFC. There is a undefeated contender who he hasn't fought yet at the name of Josh Grispi.

I believe a rush into the UFC 155 weightclass is a bit brash and could truly hurt his career ' date=' he is only 22 and will be thickening and growing I believe he should slowly try to put on muscle and transcend into the 155 weightclass when he can no longer make 145. He needs to get a guy like Gray Maynard or Joe Warren in to train with him on his wrestling defense so he will be prepared vs the larger and stronger 155 wrestlers. He needs train a bit more on his boxing I believe even if your best weapons are your knees and kicks you need to have great boxing to set them up and his hands are far from amazing.

This being said I believe if Aldo moves to 155 at the proper time with the correct preparation he will become the UFC 155 champion and will be considered the best pound for pound fighter in MMA.[/quote']

Aldo's hand speed makes up for his boxing technique IMO

However Aldo will find fighters like Maynard and Tibau extremely hard to beat and i think he would lose to them. There strength and size advantage will help them to neutralise his speed because it would help them to take him down easily

I believe a rush into the UFC 155 weightclass is a bit brash and could truly hurt his career ' date=' he is only 22 and will be thickening and growing I believe he should slowly try to put on muscle and transcend into the 155 weightclass when he can no longer make 145. He needs to get a guy like Gray Maynard or Joe Warren in to train with him on his wrestling defense so he will be prepared vs the larger and stronger 155 wrestlers. He needs train a bit more on his boxing I believe even if your best weapons are your knees and kicks you need to have great boxing to set them up and his hands are far from amazing.

This being said I believe if Aldo moves to 155 at the proper time with the correct preparation he will become the UFC 155 champion and will be considered the best pound for pound fighter in MMA.[/quote']

IMO You are wrong although I do really respect your reasoning. Its not just his knee,s and Kicks it is his all round game and when you look at his second fight with Faber again then you see he already has a great defence against take downs he just hits the lead leg with hammer kicks. I think he is a destroyer and if he came up right now he would breeze through the likes of Miller ,Siver ,Stout etc right into the elite of the division

Could you imagine the fights the UFC could put on in the lightweight division with him

2./ BJ Penn vs Jose Aldo...Skill vs Destruction...A Fully ready hungry BJ would win this fight but the BJ who turned up the last two fights would probably suffer the 1st KO of his career

2./ Kenflo vs Aldo....Technique vs Brutal...Aldo wins this fight by destructing Kenny on the feet and stopping and takedown attempt

Try finding the right god damn forum, and then try finding a toothbrush.

Aldo's hand speed makes up for his boxing technique IMO

However Aldo will find fighters like Maynard and Tibau extremely hard to beat and i think he would lose to them. There strength and size advantage will help them to neutralise his speed because it would help them to take him down easily

Theres no reason for him not to improve one of the weakest parts of his game though , I believe he can sharpen his hands and get more power into his boxing , I do already consider him the most dynamic striker in MMA but against guys like Gilbert Melendez who have the speed of Edgar but throw heavy shots like Penn and have strong wrestling... Well I think Aldo could definitely get rocked if they started to bang. I can already tell guys like Maynard and Tibau would be able to take him down , they have so much size advantage on him they could just push him to the cage and power him to the ground and grind out a decision , I believe if he trained over the next 1-2 years with an elite 155ish wrestler and worked on bulking up along with his boxing he would be ready to dominate the 155 division. I believe Aldo could beat guys like Kenny Florian , Nate Diaz , Sam Stout right now , I'd have to give him the favor vs guys like Jeremy Stephens and Melvin Guillard but at the same time I believe they could give him some real trouble and I believe guys like Maynard , Tibau , Frankie could control him to get a victory , I don't want to see Jose Aldo come to the UFC and be a good LW and I want to see him come to the UFC and be the BEST LW.

Theres no reason for him not to improve one of the weakest parts of his game though ' date=' I believe he can sharpen his hands and get more power into his boxing , I do already consider him the most dynamic striker in MMA but against guys like Gilbert Melendez who have the speed of Edgar but throw heavy shots like Penn and have strong wrestling... Well I think Aldo could definitely get rocked if they started to bang. I can already tell guys like Maynard and Tibau would be able to take him down , they have so much size advantage on him they could just push him to the cage and power him to the ground and grind out a decision , I believe if he trained over the next 1-2 years with an elite 155ish wrestler and worked on bulking up along with his boxing he would be ready to dominate the 155 division. I believe Aldo could beat guys like Kenny Florian , Nate Diaz , Sam Stout right now , I'd have to give him the favor vs guys like Jeremy Stephens and Melvin Guillard but at the same time I believe they could give him some real trouble and I believe guys like Maynard , Tibau , Frankie could control him to get a victory , I don't want to see Jose Aldo come to the UFC and be a good LW and I want to see him come to the UFC and be the BEST LW.[/quote']

Good post and i agree with pretty much all of it, he is only young now so whenever he gets a bit older he will probly have filled out a bit more so he would also have a better frame for 155 and in that time he will have sharpened his skills. Can't wait to see him at 155 and he has expressed that he is thinking about making the move in the future

Do you ever say anything that isn't a dig at someone? Honestly you have serious problems in your life if you need to come on a forum to let out your anger

If you aren't a moron, spammer, or troll, chances are pretty good you won't get a "dig" from me. I'm tired of all these retarded Aldo spammer threads.You wanna make a thread about a specific fighter? Make it in the right forum.

Good post and i agree with pretty much all of it' date=' he is only young now so whenever he gets a bit older he will probly have filled out a bit more so he would also have a better frame for 155 and in that time he will have sharpened his skills. Can't wait to see him at 155 and he has expressed that he is thinking about making the move in the future[/quote']

I want to see Aldo in the UFC more than anyone else and thats saying something , the way I preach of Hector Lombard on these forums , I've met the guy down at ATT and he's my favorite MW by far I believe he could tear through the division and get his title shot , only a few guys I think have a chance vs him in the world being Chael , Anderson and Vitor. I just believe nobody has as much potential as Jose Aldo and he's so young and I see so much improvement in his game yet he is a phenom. I don't want him to rush into the UFC and sink because he loses a couple vs top competition.

Im probably the biggest Jose Aldo supporter on this forum i indeed do think Aldo will be Lightweight champion in the UFC, but I also think Aldo needs a solid two years too fully fill out so he wouldn't just get bullied at 155. After he beats Manny and Grispi i believe he will move up if he wins both those fights. By the way Aldo would wreck BJ,Edgar, and Kenflo given some time.

Im probably the biggest Jose Aldo supporter on this forum i indeed do think Aldo will be Lightweight champion in the UFC' date=' but I also think Aldo needs a solid two years too fully fill out so he wouldn't just get bullied at 155. After he beats Manny and Grispi i believe he will move up if he wins both those fights. By the way Aldo would wreck BJ,Edgar, and Kenflo given some time.[/quote']

Admit , I somewhat convinced you through.

Aldo vs Oliveira! That is my new fantasy match up! and seen as they both will be in the UFC title picture in a few years it could happen!

Oliveira and Aldo are the two fighters who have the most potential IMO and are both very young so when they are in their prime i want to see them fight

Classic grappler vs Striker matchup.

Aldo vs Oliveira! That is my new fantasy match up! and seen as they both will be in the UFC title picture in a few years it could happen!

Oliveira and Aldo are the two fighters who have the most potential IMO and are both very young so when they are in their prime i want to see them fight

Not convinced by Oliveira yet , he's had 1 fight in the UFC and he slipped a nice triangle but got totally man handled by his opponent in the takedown department , I assume he has mediocre striking and a poor takedown game with some amazing BJJ. We'll see how he holds up though I could be wrong.

Not convinced by Oliveira yet ' date=' he's had 1 fight in the UFC and he slipped a nice triangle but got totally man handled by his opponent in the takedown department , I assume he has mediocre striking and a poor takedown game with some amazing BJJ. We'll see how he holds up though I could be wrong.[/quote']

His striking is good, he throws a lot of kicks and is very well rounded for a 20year old

His striking is good' date=' he throws a lot of kicks and is very well rounded for a 20year old[/quote']

Theres a lot more to MMA than just skill a lot of guys full with potential just don't have the mental capacity to reach the upper elite level of MMA , and even less are able to stay there these prodigies are hard to call honestly. Jones and Oliveira need to prove a lot more before I'm sold.

Theres a lot more to MMA than just skill a lot of guys full with potential just don't have the mental capacity to reach the upper elite level of MMA ' date=' and even less are able to stay there these prodigies are hard to call honestly. Jones and Oliveira need to prove a lot more before I'm sold.[/quote']

Yeah they both need a good test. Oliveira is getting Efrain at the next FN and that is a decent test. I got Oliveira by Sub in that fight.

The fact that there are so many skilled fighters at such a young age like phil davis, Aldo, Oliveira, Hathaway, Jones and Mcdonald makes it extremely exciting to see how the sport has progressed.

Yeah they both need a good test. Oliveira is getting Efrain at the next FN and that is a decent test. I got Oliveira by Sub in that fight.

The fact that there are so many skilled fighters at such a young age like phil davis' date=' Aldo, Oliveira, Hathaway, Jones and Mcdonald makes it extremely exciting to see how the sport has progressed.[/quote']

I'm a huge Phil Davis fan and he needs years of improvement in his striking before he will be a title contender , Mcdonald needs years of improvement before he gets in a contender status , and I believe the same for Oliveira. Jones and Aldo are really the only prodigy's I see thus far.

It would be a great move many fans would love to see' date=' but he is still dominating his weight class, give him a loss or two then he should move up.[/quote']

why on earth would he come up a weight class to fight bigger fighters after he losses ? makes zero sense look at diego he did that and got cremaed you usually drop a weight class

Archived