Belfort calls out James Toney for Boxing fight

GstarUk

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/09/05/vitor-belfort-begs-dana-white-to-allow-him-to-face-james-toney-in-a-boxing-match-down-the-road/

UFC middleweight contender, Vitor Belfort has pleaded with the promotions head, Dana White to allow him to cross over to the boxing world and shut James Toney up once and for all after Randy Couture gave him a lesson in MMA.

Speaking via his Twitter account, Belfort said:

?Dana let me fight James Tony on 6 round boxe Mach I think I can catch him with my speed?

?Dana will be the 1 boxing match in UFC I promise he will fell my power and we will show the world the a UFC fighter can do better?

Belfort is scheduled to take to the octagon next at UFC 122 on November 13th in Oberhausen, Germany when he takes on Japanese superstar, Yushin Okami. Will the UFC allow one of their top fighters to cross over to the boxing world and take up the challenge?

Toney, RD1 KO

The whole Okami thing is irrelevant guys. I like Vitor but I think Okami will win an MMA match because of takedowns and control for a UD. Vitor has beat one good wrestler and he was old as hell when it happened in Lindland.

Anyway James Toney has been overrated in his own sport for a long time now IMO especially at HW. He's battered some cans and Holyfield when Evander was like 40 or 41 and Toney was 34 or 35.

I don't think Vitor could knock Toney out but I think he could evade him and circle out and just beat him in a decision. It's very hard to imagine Toney getting knocked clean out.

They should just set it up under MMA rules with the 4 oz gloves though so Toney's defense will not be as good as it is with bigger gloves and Vitor can agree to stand with him.

Better yet let Mirko buckle Toney from 2 good leg kicks and he can learn there's more to striking then just boxing.

The whole Okami thing is irrelevant guys. I like Vitor but I think Okami will win an MMA match because of takedowns and control for a UD. Vitor has beat one good wrestler and he was old as hell when it happened in Lindland.

Anyway James Toney has been overrated in his own sport for a long time now IMO especially at HW. He's battered some cans and Holyfield when Evander was like 40 or 41 and Toney was 34 or 35.

I don't think Vitor could knock Toney out but I think he could evade him and circle out and just beat him in a decision. It's very hard to imagine Toney getting knocked clean out.

They should just set it up under MMA rules with the 4 oz gloves though so Toney's defense will not be as good as it is with bigger gloves and Vitor can agree to stand with him.

Better yet let Mirko buckle Toney from 2 good leg kicks and he can learn there's more to striking then just boxing.

i like the let mirko leg kick toney part,see what toney has to say after that...

Archived