Belfort challenges Toney to a boxing match

bright508620

not sure if that is a wise move. Vitor is fighting at 185 and Toney is 235. In boxing that is multiple weight classes. Vitor has some hands however Toney is a CHampion Boxer and has some serious weight and power on him. How could they even get it approved by the Boxing commission

not sure if that is a wise move. Vitor is fighting at 185 and Toney is 235. In boxing that is multiple weight classes. Vitor has some hands however Toney is a CHampion Boxer and has some serious weight and power on him. How could they even get it approved by the Boxing commission

Vitor Belfort walks around about 210lbs therefore he would just cut 0lbs and he would make weight regulation , though I doubt Dana will okay this and I don't even think James Toney knows who Vitor Belfort is nor would he except when he's trying to get a fight with one of the Klitchko brothers or David Haye.

well, vitor has fought at heavyweight before (206+) and most of his fights have been at LHW. I think vitor's frame is just a bit smaller then randy's. none the less, vitor ftw, (although this fight will never happen. if it does i'll drink my own piss machida style.

well' date=' vitor has fought at heavyweight before (206+) and most of his fights have been at LHW. I think vitor's frame is just a bit smaller then randy's. none the less, vitor ftw, (although this fight will never happen. if it does i'll drink my own piss machida style.[/quote']

and BJ penn has fought at HW too. Walking around weght and fight weight are different things. Chael Sonnen said he was about 220 a few months out from the Silva fight. I dont think he would fight at 220 since I doubt he was in fight shape. When Vitor walks around at 210-215 he isnt in fight shape he trains and drops 10-15 lbs then cuts the rest for weigh-ins, there is no way Vitor could fight a pro-championship boxer at HW and win. Its like a guy who trains a little bit at BJJ and then saying he Maia let me fight you in a BJJ grappling match. it wont be a pretty picture...

and BJ penn has fought at HW too. Walking around weght and fight weight are different things. Chael Sonnen said he was about 220 a few months out from the Silva fight. I dont think he would fight at 220 since I doubt he was in fight shape. When Vitor walks around at 210-215 he isnt in fight shape he trains and drops 10-15 lbs then cuts the rest for weigh-ins' date=' there is no way Vitor could fight a pro-championship boxer at HW and win. Its like a guy who trains a little bit at BJJ and then saying he Maia let me fight you in a BJJ grappling match. it wont be a pretty picture...[/quote']

Not a good example because Vitor has been boxing for years. Vitor has fought HW and done well, he just put on additional muscle.

this would be over as fast as the couture/toney fight was over

Not really, Belfort can take a good shot and has speed and power on Toney. The problem is Toney's boxing is much more slick and he has world class experience. Id expect a late rounds finish or decision for Toney, but would love to see Belfort actually win it.

Not a good example because Vitor has been boxing for years. Vitor has fought HW and done well' date=' he just put on additional muscle.[/quote']

Boxing for years at a low level is very diffrent than boxing at teh highest level in the world for 15 years. Toney has faced teh whos who of boxing in all teh different weight classes he has fought in and won most of them. Vitor boxing for years against guys we have never heard of is totally diffrent.

everyone post about MMA and this guys is overrated cause he only has fought cans and won. Vitor has not fought anyone of championship caliber boxing level. If i am wrong I will happily say it but I havent seen any Vitor boxing match where he is boxing Roy Jones, Rahman, Holyfield, and Ruiz level boxers.

Comparing the two sports you cant expect Toney to come into MMA and beat Randy or soemone from MMA and beat Toney in boxing. Vitor has amazing hands nad can box well however Toney is a Boxing champion and is still a headliner. just two different sports and two different levels.

Boxing for years at a low level is very diffrent than boxing at teh highest level in the world for 15 years. Toney has faced teh whos who of boxing in all teh different weight classes he has fought in and won most of them. Vitor boxing for years against guys we have never heard of is totally diffrent.

everyone post about MMA and this guys is overrated cause he only has fought cans and won. Vitor has not fought anyone of championship caliber boxing level. If i am wrong I will happily say it but I havent seen any Vitor boxing match where he is boxing Roy Jones' date=' Rahman, Holyfield, and Ruiz level boxers.

Comparing the two sports you cant expect Toney to come into MMA and beat Randy or soemone from MMA and beat Toney in boxing. Vitor has amazing hands nad can box well however Toney is a Boxing champion and is still a headliner. just two different sports and two different levels.[/quote']

You kinda took that out of context. You compared a guy who has boxed professionally before and has trained in boxing for 15 or so years to a guy who was just picking up bjj and challenging maia.

I think Vitor would win if they fought using mma gloves but Toney would probably win if they fought using boxing gloves. People are acting like Toney is an boxing god who can KO anyone in one punch. *** many fighters have Toney KOed in one punch? not many. Besides Toney is old and fat and out of shape idc how good he used to be hes nowhere the fighter he was in his prime.

I think Vitor would win if they fought using mma gloves but Toney would probably win if they fought using boxing gloves. People are acting like Toney is an boxing god who can KO anyone in one punch. *** many fighters have Toney KOed in one punch? not many. Besides Toney is old and fat and out of shape idc how good he used to be hes nowhere the fighter he was in his prime.

12 Kos and 32 TKO thats 44 total stoppages. thats is 17 more KO's that Vitor has fights. and teh idea of using that Vitor would win using MMA gloves vs. 10oz Boxing gloves is ridiculous.

12 Kos and 32 TKO thats 44 total stoppages. thats is 17 more KO's that Vitor has fights. and teh idea of using that Vitor would win using MMA gloves vs. 10oz Boxing gloves is ridiculous.

how is it ridiculous? Toney is used to fighting with boxing gloves while Vitor is used to fighting with mma gloves. The boxing techniques bobbing and weaving and using ur gloves to block your head is not as effective using mma gloves. And it doesnt matter how many fights KOs or TKOs Toney has, it just means he has had more fights then Vitor, thats like saying Lesnar will never beat Randy because Randy has more wins then Lesnar had fights, now that analogy is what is ridiculous. And I never said Toney doesnt have any KOs, read before you start sounding like you didnt even read the post. A bunch of tools thing that Toneys stand up is so immortal that if people stand with him for 1 second that their going to get KOed? wtf, He doesnt get 1 second KOs in boxing why do people think he can just walk in and KO mma fighters that fast?

how is it ridiculous? Toney is used to fighting with boxing gloves while Vitor is used to fighting with mma gloves. The boxing techniques bobbing and weaving and using ur gloves to block your head is not as effective using mma gloves. And it doesnt matter how many fights KOs or TKOs Toney has' date=' it just means he has had more fights then Vitor, thats like saying Lesnar will never beat Randy because Randy has more wins then Lesnar had fights, now that analogy is what is ridiculous. And I never said Toney doesnt have any KOs, read before you start sounding like you didnt even read the post. A bunch of tools thing that Toneys stand up is so immortal that if people stand with him for 1 second that their going to get KOed? wtf, He doesnt get 1 second KOs in boxing why do people think he can just walk in and KO mma fighters that fast?[/quote']

you asked the question, "How many guys has Toney KO'd with on Punch? Not Many!"

I kindly answered you question and refuted your statement that it wasnt many.

as far as the gloves go. I get your point about using boxing gloves for added protection also tho Toney has such accuracy that he wont have to worry about his punches being deflected by the 4 oz MMA gloves which will lead to greater damage.

you asked the question' date=' "How many guys has Toney KO'd with on Punch? Not Many!"

I kindly answered you question and refuted your statement that it wasnt many.

as far as the gloves go. I get your point about using boxing gloves for added protection also tho Toney has such accuracy that he wont have to worry about his punches being deflected by the 4 oz MMA gloves which will lead to greater damage.[/quote']

Does Toney have KO power? yes

Is Toney an amazing boxer? yes

Does he have a good chin? yes

Is he past his prime and out of shape? yes

Can he knock someone out with the first punch he throws? maybe but probably not.

Who would win between Vitor and Toney in a boxing match using mma gloves? we will never know because it will never happen as long as Vitor is under the UFC.

I wouldnt doubt for a second that Vitor would win a boxing match against him. Speed KILLS Toney in boxing. Look at the Roy Jones Jr. fight vs. Toney. Roy jones Jr. embarassed Toney with speed. Toney has been very successful against slower guys boxing, but he sucks against speedy boxers.

Archived