Gsp

kyo_sa

im gonna make a general thread about this fighter , make a few points, and leave it to discussion.

GSP seems like a very polarizing fighter on this forum. he gets tons of hate, and tons of support against that hate. ill begin my stating my position...i love GSP, im canadian, and hes a great ambassador to the sport, as well as being clearly the best fighter in his division. that being said, im a kickboxer myself and i like strikers...i wish GSP could dummy guys like anderson silva or jose aldo, who are also 2 guys im big fans of, and in a sense more so just because stylistically its what i train in and i like to see incredible standup

now THAT being said, heres what i see on these forums. people have turned on GSP because of his fight with hardy. everything that happened in the hardy fight gets talked about by his detractors on here as if its every single GSP fight. fans of GSP, including the man himself, should admit it wasnt his best fight. he didnt stand much with dan at all, which was too bad because really he is a much better striker and could have stood with him for all 5 rounds and won. but even at that, heres the facts:

1. GSP had 3 deep submissions in that fight. an armbar in round 1, which if he had secured properly would have been the end and would have shut most of you up. a kimura in round 3 .."" ...and an ankle lock at the end of round 5 which people forget about, which was in COMPLETELY. also he had 2 or 3 very close americanas which dont get talked about either. in between all of this, GSP didnt just have dan on his back, he was transitiioning constantly, and in rewatching the fight i counted GSP getting dans back 7 different times. GSP clearly wanted a sub in this fight, and worked very hard for it, but came up short. no he did not mercifully spare dan, it was combination of his mistakes and dans defense. all that really matters to me is i saw my guy going for it, not lying on top of him doing nothing, which is what a lot of you idiots have been saying. that fight was GSP's worst performance for sure, self admittedly, and yet it still wasnt anything close to lay and pray as ive read here countless times

2. GSP stood plenty with alves, dropped him twice, took some damage himself but definitively won the exchanges and when he took him down beat his face to a pulp while on the ground. it ended less than spectacularly, but he had badly hurt himself. anyone who saw the latest fitch alves fight should be able to see a huge discrepancy between both fights

3. penn....one of the stupidest things i read here is GSP didnt finish him, penn quit. my soccer team didnt win our last game, we just scored more goals. he beat the **** out of penn. plenty on the feet, plenty on the ground. penn was on mars, thats why his corner threw in the towel. he didnt even know where he was when the doctor asked him. oh yeah he cheated, right. there was half a millimetre of vaseline on his shoulders for a round, surely BJ would have won if not for that.

4. fitch....completely destroyed, almost primarily on the feet. did i imagine this? i keep reading that hes scared to stand since getting ko'd by serra

5. he has finished 9 of 16 fights

GSP is not a god, is not impervious to mistakes, does not have such advanced standup that he can KO anyone without trying (altho it is the best in the division and id like to see him use it more...altho tune in to see kos get mangled standing)

what GSP is , is an exceptionally strong human with a great skillset, the high point being his wrestling, which he shapes his gameplan around. maybe it would be more exciting to some of you if he was a standup prodigy like silva or aldo...but maybe you should just be a bigger fan of those guys? GSP does what he can do best to win. last i checked this was a sport.

Well man' date=' the forum is already saturated with GSP threads.... can't you go post in one that is already made?[/quote']

i did this BECAUSE its saturated with gsp threads. arguing about this specific thing or that...does he lnp...did he try to finish hardy...

this is my generalization of the whole issue. i felt like making it. if you dont wanna read it, its incredibly easy to spare yourself, you just dont read it

Slam Man i have been readin the forun for a while and out of all the morons on this site...congratulations you are the worst.Seriously a guy spend a lot of time on this great thread and your genius answer is **** off.Really that's it.Again bravo to you sir you are the most retarded person on this forum, you suck at being a human being!!!

anyone think the mods should pin an official nuthug/hate GSP/Kos thread because im sure between now and their fight there will be 500,000 hate/nuthug threads and another 500,000 GSP/KOS WILL MURDER KOS/GSP threads. Im thinking the number of threads will rival that of how many were made before carwin vs lesnar and the quicker we neatly file them into one place the better

Slam Man i have been readin the forun for a while and out of all the morons on this site...congratulations you are the worst.Seriously a guy spend a lot of time on this great thread and your genius answer is **** off.Really that's it.Again bravo to you sir you are the most retarded person on this forum' date=' you suck at being a human being!!![/quote']

Glad I got your attention. Screw you. Your the best at riding the OP's Oscar Mayer ******!

anyone think the mods should pin an official nuthug/hate GSP/Kos thread because im sure between now and their fight there will be 500' date='000 hate/nuthug threads and another 500,000 GSP/KOS WILL MURDER KOS/GSP threads. Im thinking the number of threads will rival that of how many were made before carwin vs lesnar and the quicker we neatly file them into one place the better[/quote']

yeah i wouldnt be surprised. i agree there should be a stick for kos vs gsp, but this is more about the whole GSP does nothing vs he actually does fight hard debate

HAHAHAHA' date=' wow you just keep on gettin better. You are either a retarded kid playin tough or a retarded gangsta wannabee but either way you're retarded.Cheers[/quote']

Yeah, funny how you say you have been reading my posts for a while, you my secret admirer? You only have 20 something posts? If you've been here for so long, did you get banned for being a ****, like you are now?

Seriously' date=' answer me this. Why can't you voice your opinion in one of the other 100 threads about GSP?[/quote']

if im going to take the time to make a serious post i want it in a thread, that way im not entirely talking to myself. who knows i might actually get an intelligent rebuttal this way, rather than have my post disapppear in the 9 pages of stupidity

Yeah' date=' funny how you say you have been reading my posts for a while, you my secret admirer? You only have 20 something posts? If you've been here for so long, did you get banned for being a ****, like you are now?[/quote']

I have been reading for a while but only devided to start posting recently.Ok seriously im sorry i did not want to make this personal. I just dont agree with certain of your posts but the only reason i read so many of them is that we seem to go on the same ones.Cheers.

if im going to take the time to make a serious post i want it in a thread' date=' that way im not entirely talking to myself. who knows i might actually get an intelligent rebuttal this way, rather than have my post disapppear in the 9 pages of stupidity[/quote']

This is a great thread.Well written and good points +++

im gonna make a general thread about this fighter ' date=' make a few points, and leave it to discussion.

GSP seems like a very polarizing fighter on this forum. he gets tons of hate, and tons of support against that hate. ill begin my stating my position...i love GSP, im canadian, and hes a great ambassador to the sport, as well as being clearly the best fighter in his division. that being said, im a kickboxer myself and i like strikers...i wish GSP could dummy guys like anderson silva or jose aldo, who are also 2 guys im big fans of, and in a sense more so just because stylistically its what i train in and i like to see incredible standup

now THAT being said, heres what i see on these forums. people have turned on GSP because of his fight with hardy. everything that happened in the hardy fight gets talked about by his detractors on here as if its every single GSP fight. fans of GSP, including the man himself, should admit it wasnt his best fight. he didnt stand much with dan at all, which was too bad because really he is a much better striker and could have stood with him for all 5 rounds and won. but even at that, heres the facts:

1. GSP had 3 deep submissions in that fight. an armbar in round 1, which if he had secured properly would have been the end and would have shut most of you up. a kimura in round 3 .."" ...and an ankle lock at the end of round 5 which people forget about, which was in COMPLETELY. also he had 2 or 3 very close americanas which dont get talked about either. in between all of this, GSP didnt just have dan on his back, he was transitiioning constantly, and in rewatching the fight i counted GSP getting dans back 7 different times. GSP clearly wanted a sub in this fight, and worked very hard for it, but came up short. no he did not mercifully spare dan, it was combination of his mistakes and dans defense. all that really matters to me is i saw my guy going for it, not lying on top of him doing nothing, which is what a lot of you idiots have been saying. that fight was GSP's worst performance for sure, self admittedly, and yet it still wasnt anything close to lay and pray as ive read here countless times

2. GSP stood plenty with alves, dropped him twice, took some damage himself but definitively won the exchanges and when he took him down beat his face to a pulp while on the ground. it ended less than spectacularly, but he had badly hurt himself. anyone who saw the latest fitch alves fight should be able to see a huge discrepancy between both fights

3. penn....one of the stupidest things i read here is GSP didnt finish him, penn quit. my soccer team didnt win our last game, we just scored more goals. he beat the **** out of penn. plenty on the feet, plenty on the ground. penn was on mars, thats why his corner threw in the towel. he didnt even know where he was when the doctor asked him. oh yeah he cheated, right. there was half a millimetre of vaseline on his shoulders for a round, surely BJ would have won if not for that.

4. fitch....completely destroyed, almost primarily on the feet. did i imagine this? i keep reading that hes scared to stand since getting ko'd by serra

GSP is not a god, is not impervious to mistakes, does not have such advanced standup that he can KO anyone without trying (altho it is the best in the division and id like to see him use it more...altho tune in to see kos get mangled standing)

what GSP is , is an exceptionally strong human with a great skillset, the high point being his wrestling, which he shapes his gameplan around. maybe it would be more exciting to some of you if he was a standup prodigy like silva or aldo...but maybe you should just be a bigger fan of those guys? GSP does what he can do best to win. last i checked this was a sport.[/quote']

you're 100% right. But believe me, I've tried. Haters won't change their mind. They're too dumb to even know what that means.

Maybe my reply was a little hasty... I gave you my opinion of him. I really used to be a bigger fan of him then I am now. He could easily change that though with another exciting performance!

yeah, i respect the serious opinion you gave...i do get where people are coming from with the criticism, his last fight was disappointing, even against alves and penn he was on the ground but at least he beat them both up. it seemed like against hardy all he wanted to do was get the sub, and just forgot about everything else

plus, im a fan and ill even say i wish he would stand more, hes got great standup. i think (lol..hope) hes gonna go out and stand with kos and wreck him like he did to fitch...i know hes got better standup than kos.

im gonna make a general thread about this fighter ' date=' make a few points, and leave it to discussion.

what GSP is , is an exceptionally strong human with a great skillset, the high point being his wrestling, which he shapes his gameplan around. maybe it would be more exciting to some of you if he was a standup prodigy like silva or aldo...but maybe you should just be a bigger fan of those guys? GSP does what he can do best to win. last i checked this was a sport.[/quote']

The only thing about GSP is he can't seem to finish top contenders but yet he finishes BJ Penn and Matt Hughes, two fighters that were regarded as the best in the business, with questionable circumstances. Greasing to be exact, although Matt Hughes never came right and said he was greasing, he did say GSP felt slick. Then he finishes Matt Serra, the guy that beat him, in a rematch. It seems he only finishes people regarded better than him but, again, can't finish any top contenders. Could all be coincidental but then again it could not be. I am not saying anything bad about GSP because he is a great fighter but something isn't right. He is our WW champion and whether we like him or not we should respect him for his accomplishments.

The only thing about GSP is he can't seem to finish top contenders but yet he finishes BJ Penn and Matt Hughes' date=' two fighters that were regarded as the best in the business, with questionable circumstances. Greasing to be exact, although Matt Hughes never came right and said he was greasing, he did say GSP felt slick. Then he finishes Matt Serra, the guy that beat him, in a rematch. It seems he only finishes people regarded better than him but, again, can't finish any top contenders. Could all be coincidental but then again it could not be. I am not saying anything bad about GSP because he is a great fighter but something isn't right. He is our WW champion and whether we like him or not we should respect him for his accomplishments.[/quote']

never thought about that...interesting! who knows though, the fight game is so unpredictable. it just goes down the way it goes down...but yeah strange now that you bring it up. im really hoping for a finish against kos, that would fit exactly what your saying he needs to get under his belt

never thought about that...interesting! who knows though' date=' the fight game is so unpredictable. it just goes down the way it goes down...but yeah strange now that you bring it up. im really hoping for a finish against kos, that would fit exactly what your saying he needs to get under his belt[/quote']

GSP is extremely talented and I don't see Kos having a chance. He is never going to get rid of that stigma that has been attached to him until he starts finishing his opponents. Weird how that works but it is the way it is. I wish him well.

Why can't you just go post your opinion in another thread? Whatever. Here's my opinion of GSP: He is a great fighter' date=' he used to be really exciting, now he goes in and just dominates opponents but it is kind of boring to watch.[/quote']

those were his last to fights.

IM SICK OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT HIS LAY AND PRAY

1. ALVES AND HARDY WERE 8 MONTHS APART

2. WHY WOULD HE STAND UP WITH ALVES AND HARDY IF THATS WERE THEY HAVE THE BEST CHACNE ON WINNNING. IM SURE IF HE FOUGHT DAMIEN MAIA HE WOULD STAND

3. HES FINISHED 9 OUT OF 16 FIGHTS GIVE HIM A BREAK

GSP is extremely talented and I don't see Kos having a chance. He is never going to get rid of that stigma that has been attached to him until he starts finishing his opponents. Weird how that works but it is the way it is. I wish him well.

well i think unless he really screws up he beats kos no problem, really its about whether he can finish or not. and this is a fight he can finish, kos is no marvel on his feet, but apparently tahts his game plan, which i think is a huge mistake which GSP can cash in on. if GSP can pound him out, it would really solidify him as possibly the top p4p guy....i personally think he was just as upset at himself as many fans were by the hardy fight. i think hes really going to try and finish, ill be disappointed if he just goes for control and subs again, i want him to go all out and really try to destroy kos and i think he will.

im not beyond criticizing the guy, im a fan but i still want to see his best and last fight was not his best, even though i think hes getting too much flak over it.

anyway, great responses so far guys, criticize all you want, lets just be reasonable and respect each other! its just an athlete in a sport we are discussing, everyones opinion is valid when theres a reason for it

those were his last to fights.

IM SICK OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT HIS LAY AND PRAY

1. ALVES AND HARDY WERE 8 MONTHS APART

2. WHY WOULD HE STAND UP WITH ALVES AND HARDY IF THATS WERE THEY HAVE THE BEST CHACNE ON WINNNING. IM SURE IF HE FOUGHT DAMIEN MAIA HE WOULD STAND

3. HES FINISHED 9 OUT OF 16 FIGHTS GIVE HIM A BREAK

1 so?

2. He can finish them on the ground so long as he does something I don't care if its standing or on the ground

3. We all know that before the Serra ko that he used to put people away.

1 so?

2. He can finish them on the ground so long as he does something I don't care if its standing or on the ground

3. We all know that before the Serra ko that he used to put people away.

just about 3.....he really demolished fitch, but didnt get teh TKO. cant say u watched that fight and thought it wasnt just as good as tko tho.....penn he finished...then he had half a great fight against alves, and a dull one with hardy. i dont think the serra argument is a good one to be honest....he stood with alves a lot, and stood with penn as well.....

just about 3.....he really demolished fitch' date=' but didnt get teh TKO. cant say u watched that fight and thought it wasnt just as good as tko tho.....penn he finished...then he had half a great fight against alves, and a dull one with hardy. i dont think the serra argument is a good one to be honest....he stood with alves a lot, and stood with penn as well.....[/quote']

I have watched that fight a bunch of times. Sometimes I would rther watch a action packed 5 rounder then see a finish. You get more of a good fight.

Archived