Who can beat Anderson Silva?

sexyama82

Anderson Silva is probably the p4p best fighter in MMA right now. Who can beat him? Here is my analysis and who I think can beat Anderson Silva.

JAKE SHIELDS

Has the combination of skills that is required to beat Silva which is wrestling and muay thai. He is also a black belt in Brazilian jiujitsu. He had an impressive win over Dan Henderson and has the capability to handle and beat Anderson Silva. Are they on a crash course into a title match. We will see.

YUSHIN OKAMI

I know he is not a fighter that everyone is into, but he did have experience fighting Anderson Silva before both were in the UFC. Okami won the fight by disqualification due to the illegal kick to the face out of desperation. Okami is a difficult figher to prepare. If he has everything going for him he is a tough fighter to beat. He is well rounded and wrestling based. He is very strong on the ground with excellent defense. He can beat Anderson SIlva by using his strength and grounding and pounding him.

CHAEL SONNEN

Lets face it we all saw what happened. Sonnen took Anderson down and grounded and pounded during the whole fight. He got caught toward the end. If Sonnen can work on his defense then I can see him beating Silva due to his wrestling. He just has to work on his mistakes and mis opportunities.

DENNIS KANG

I know what everyone is thinking....yes he lost to Alan Belcher and Michael Bisping. Unfortunately for Kang, injuries plagued him during his stint with the UFC. He has a good resume and well rounded with great base of wrestling and jiujitsu. He performed very well against Paulo Filho who is another fighter who was considered the best fighter in the MMA. He can give Anderson Silva some fits on the ground.

A fighter that can beat Anderson Silva has to be well rounded and is wrestling based.

I don't see anyone beating him, but IMO okami or sonnen are the closest. Belfort would just get tooled since he's a stand up guy, Anderson would probobly get him in the thai clinch or do to him what he did to Forrest. The only other fighter I see beating him is palhares just because he's strong as hell, and can probobly dump silva on his head then grap a leg and make him tap. I think okami would beat silva do to his size,strenght, and takedown ability. Okami also has ok standup a good chin, and great jj IMO. I'm really hoping sonnen can beat him although I'm not counting on it.

Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort would beat him for sure if they were to fight him now.

Nate Marquardt' date=' Okami, and Palhares would all have pretty good shots as well.[/quote']

as much as i like Vitor Belfort i donno if he could beat Anderson.. I would love it if he Knocked him out but Andersons stand up is amazing

Fighters I believe have a great chance of beating him if they stick to a solid game plan:

Chael Sonnen

Jake Shields

Rousimar Palhares

Fighters I believe have a descent chance but doubt will actually beat him:

Vitor Belfort

Yushin Okami

Nate Marquardt

But Anderson could just as easily beat them too. He's a great fighter and has proven to be the best.

hendo isnt an a class fighter anymore sir. he is only a legend now and you noob should keep his name out ur mouth.

Remember that the amount of posts that someone has on an MMA forum doesnt relate to their MMA knowledge...

Anyways, there are some fighters that 'could' beat Silva. Sonnen 'could' have beaten Silva. But the difference is that they wont. Not for a while at least.

ps: Anyone that says A. Silva isnt a good fighter and actually believes that needs to sit down and do some serious thinking.

Fighters I believe have a great chance of beating him if they stick to a solid game plan:

Chael Sonnen

Jake Shields

Rousimar Palhares

Fighters I believe have a descent chance but doubt will actually beat him:

Vitor Belfort

Yushin Okami

Nate Marquardt

But Anderson could just as easily beat them too. He's a great fighter and has proven to be the best.

I agree with Shileds.

I also give Mousasi a good shot. And Bones.

I agree with Shileds.

I also give Mousasi a good shot. And Bones.

I only didn't mention Mousasi because he doesn't fight for the UFC. But he also has a good chance.

And I'm not completely sure about the Jones thing yet, but I'm sure he will prove his worth in his next fight.

Guys who WOULD/WILL beat Anderson Silva.

At MW:

Vitor Belfort

Hector Lombard

Georges St. Pierre

Gegard Mousasi

Guys who Could/Might beat Anderson Silva.

At MW:

Chael Sonnen

Jake Shields

Guys who Would/Might beat Anderson Silva.

At LHW:

Mauricio Shogun Rua

Jon Jones

Lyoto Machida

Guys who might beat Andeson Silva.

LHW:

Cyrille Diabate

Phil Davis

Randy Couture

Rashad Evans

This is my opinion , call me an idiot if you'd like.

I don't see anyone beating him' date=' but IMO okami or sonnen are the closest. Belfort would just get tooled since he's a stand up guy, Anderson would probobly get him in the thai clinch or do to him what he did to Forrest. The only other fighter I see beating him is palhares just because he's strong as hell, and can probobly dump silva on his head then grap a leg and make him tap. I think okami would beat silva do to his size,strenght, and takedown ability. Okami also has ok standup a good chin, and great jj IMO. I'm really hoping sonnen can beat him although I'm not counting on it.[/quote']

There is NO way Anderson would drop his hands and fool around against Vitor if he did it would be an early night.

Archived