The Upkick

OranJuice

The Upkick is the easiest way for someone on bottom to get up or threaten a Top Heavy wrestler. It's actually pretty easy to KO someone with an Upkick (See Silva v. Okami http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StYulH-yKsk).

I guess the Upkick is illegal because if you catch a guy under the chin you could damage his neck. But I'm not for sure.

If their knees are on the mat its illegal

I think upkicks and knees to the head should be legal if YOUR back is on the mat.

That way...if someone has side control on you...you've got more offensive weapons. You can throw a knee to the head of the guy on top of you. It makes point games..that rely on control a little more difficult.

Cheers

-DR

This would be great.

I think upkicks and knees to the head should be legal if YOUR back is on the mat.

That way...if someone has side control on you...you've got more offensive weapons. You can throw a knee to the head of the guy on top of you. It makes point games..that rely on control a little more difficult.

Cheers

-DR

I like the "If your back is on the mat" condition.

But we're getting to a point in MMA where guys have started to realize there's a safe/cheap way to win (ie wrap around goals in NHL '94).

When one aspect of the sport is so clearly at an advantage because of the rules, the rules need to be changed to balance the sport back out.

But we're getting to a point in MMA where guys have started to realize there's a safe/cheap way to win (ie wrap around goals in NHL '94).

When one aspect of the sport is so clearly at an advantage because of the rules' date=' the rules need to be changed to balance the sport back out.[/quote']

Agreed.

Cheers sir

-DR

When one aspect of the sport is so clearly at an advantage because of the rules' date=' the rules need to be changed to balance the sport back out.[/quote']

OMG!! That just brought back SOOOOOOOO many memories!!

lmfao

Thanks, man :)

Sure it should be legal. But none of these rules are going to change until either the UFC gives up having its fights sanctioned or the sanctioning bodies arent run by corrupt boxing people.

With all the money the UFC spends trying to get this stuff legalized everywhere I think some of it would be better spent getting martial arts people onto the commissions to replace all the boxing fanatics.

Archived