LHW fighters who could beat Evans at the moment.

ThirstForBLOOD

IMO:

- A fully motivated and properly trained Rampage.

- Lyoto Machida.

- Anderson Silva.

- Shogun

- Couture could possibly outwrestle him and make the fight look like Couture/Ortiz.

-

All fighters would need effort to beat Evans. He is a good wrestler, not a great one though.

Anyways here is what your list should look like.

IMO:

- Lyoto Machida.

- Anderson Silva.

- Shogun IMO without much effort.

- Couture could possibly outwrestle him and make the fight look like Couture/Ortiz.

- Possibly Thiago Silva in a rematch.

- Jon Jones IMO.

- Little Nog IMO.

I agree with Rampage if he ever gets properly trained and learns to mix it up. Machida has beat him. Anderson and shogun, have a good chance, But if Evans fights a smart fight with either he could probaly grind out a decision. I think hes got T. Silva in a rematch. I think lil nog and evans could go either way. But i think Jones can beat everyone on the list just let him build his way up slowly like hes doing.

You fail for the following reasons..

- You mention Lyoto and Anderson' date=' but go on to say that Shogun could do it 'without much effort'. Fact is, Shogun is the only one of the three that Rashad could actually beat.

- Rogerio almost lost to Jason Brilz.[/quote']

If Rashad can hold Shogun for 5 rounds he could do it to Anderson for 3.

Machida for sure, Rashad wouldn't be able to take him down.

Anderson would lose to rashad IMO. Rashad would get a ud win by using his wrestleing.

Shogun I'm 50/50, just because Rashad can't keep his opponents down.

Randy is overrated IMO.

Thiago silva, it'd be a repeat of 108.

Rampage, needs to change camps or just stick to making movies.

Jon jones ain't happening.

Bader idk.

Lil nog not sure.

Rashad would beat Anderson and Machida with his wreslting.

Shogun could probably get him

Rashad would beat Randy' date=' Thiago, Rampage, Bader, Lil Nog, Jon Jones.[/quote']

If you think Rashad 'would' beat Anderson and Lyoto with his wrestling, then he will easily defeat Shogun using the same tactic.

Lyoto has the best TDD of the three, and Anderson's ground game is superior to Shogun's.

Anderson Silva has FAR better TDD than Shogun does.

Plus' date=' even if Rashad DOES get him down, Anderson is likely to submit him. Shogun, on the other hand, will just get back to his feet only to be taken down again.[/quote']

What do you mean far better TDD than Shogun. On Terms of TDD they are about even and Shogun is likely to submit him aswell. But seeing as Rashad has pretty good sub defence neither will sub him and most likely Anderson will be stuck on the ground while Shogun can get up and try and KO him.

If you think Rashad 'would' beat Anderson and Lyoto with his wrestling' date=' then he will easily defeat Shogun using the same tactic.

Lyoto has the best TDD of the three, and Anderson's ground game is superior to Shogun's.[/quote']

It is not superior to Shogun's in any way. They are equal or Shogun surpasses him.

IMO:

- A fully motivated and properly trained Rampage. -- no such thing

- Lyoto Machida.-- probably

- Anderson Silva.--probably

- Shogun IMO without much effort. - doubt it.Shogun doesnt like wrestlers

- Couture could possibly outwrestle him and make the fight look like Couture/Ortiz. --too old

- Possibly Thiago Silva in a rematch.--LOL

- Jon Jones IMO. --probably

- Little Nog IMO.

- not a chance.

IMO:

- Lyoto Machida.

- Anderson Silva.

- Jon Jones IMO.

- Little Nog IMO.

anyone who lands a solid shot on his chin has a good chance of beatin rashad

so just about every single one

It is not superior to Shogun's in any way. They are equal or Shogun surpasses him.

You are just being blatantly biased.

Anderson Silva has FAR better takedown defense than Shogun does.

Furthermore, Shogun is NOT likely to submit ANYONE. He has a whopping ONE submission victory to his name, so don't act like he's the second-coming of Christ while on his back.

By comparison, Anderson Silva has submitted some of the best fighters in the world.

Furthermore' date=' Shogun is NOT likely to submit ANYONE. He has a whopping ONE submission victory to his name, so don't act like he's the second-coming of Christ while on his back.

By comparison, Anderson Silva has submitted some of the best fighters in the world.[/quote']

could anderson beat Overeem? probs not

did shogun make him look like a little girl? sure did

shogun > anderson

Furthermore' date=' Shogun is NOT likely to submit ANYONE. He has a whopping ONE submission victory to his name, so don't act like he's the second-coming of Christ while on his back.

By comparison, Anderson Silva has submitted some of the best fighters in the world.[/quote']

You being biased as well. When has Anderso ever showned to have better TDD than Shogun when he stopped one takedown from Chael? Woohoo. Thats a lot. Go look at Shoguns fights and you see him stopping takedowns from many wrestlers.

This is being biased as well.

No, it's not.

It's called watching the sport and using my eyes.

If you're not blinded by your love for Shogun, you can tell that Anderson is just a better fighter. Period.

Also, about the TDD..

How many people have taken Anderson down in the last 4 or 5 years?

Now.. how about Shogun?

I rest my case.

No' date=' it's not.

It's called watching the sport and using my eyes.

If you're not blinded by your love for Shogun, you can tell that Anderson is just a better fighter. Period.

Also, about the TDD..

How many people have taken Anderson down in the last 4 or 5 years?

Now.. how about Shogun?

I rest my case.[/quote']

Any of the two fighters can beat the other on any given day. If they fought my money would be on Shogun though and about the "How many people have taken Anderson down question" Just about anyone whose gameplan was to take him down.

shogun and machida are obvious choices.

maybe if rampage got in better shape. he looked real slow in his last fight.

other fighters with chances are...

rogerio - has the bjj and the boxing.

griffin - picked him apart the first two rounds' date=' but got lazy on the ground.[/quote']

forrest broke his hand so it wasn't just about him being lazy

IMO:

- Lyoto Machida.

- Anderson Silva.

- Jon Jones IMO.

- Little Nog IMO.

Shogun - Rashad will go for TD and i can see Shogun sub him with a leg lock

Machida - Another KO

Anderson - If Machida KO Rashad then Anderson will kill Rashad

I think right now those are the only guys able to beat Rashad ...

Any of the two fighters can beat the other on any given day. If they fought my money would be on Shogun though and about the "How many people have taken Anderson down question" Just about anyone whose gameplan was to take him down.

I'd have it at 75/25 for Silva (vs Shogun), and my money would easily be on Silva.

So basically, since Lutter, Hendo and Sonnen (all world-class grapplers) were able to get Silva down, you're saying his TDD sucks? Give me a break, man. Besides, how did all those fights end?

As far as Shogun goes, however, he's been taken down by nearly everybody. Even Liddell got him down ;)

Shogun - Rashad will go for TD and i can see Shogun sub him with a leg lock

Machida - Another KO

Anderson - If Machida KO Rashad then Anderson will kill Rashad

I think right now those are the only guys able to beat Rashad ...

You think Shogun will defeat Rashad with a freakin' leg lock? Get real!

How many submission victories does he have?

I'd have it at 75/25 for Silva (vs Shogun)' date=' and my money would easily be on Silva.

So basically, since Lutter, Hendo and Shields (all world-class grapplers) were able to get Silva down, you're saying his TDD sucks? Give me a break, man. Besides, how did all those fights end?

As far as Shogun goes, however, he's been taken down by nearly everybody. Even Liddell got him down ;)[/quote']

Silva never fought Sheilds and i don't know how you got Lutter as a world class grappler. And Liddell is one of the best wrestlers in MMA so what do you mean by even Liddell got him down, If i'm not mistaken Shogun got him down aswell.

Silva never fought Sheilds and i don't know how you got Lutter as a world class grappler. And Liddell is one of the best wrestlers in MMA so what do you mean by even Liddell got him down' date=' If i'm not mistaken Shogun got him down aswell.[/quote']

Sorry.. too many things on the go. I meant to type "Sonnen". Ya caught my slippin' on that one :)

If you don't consider Travis Lutter a world-class grappler, then you obviously have no idea who he is. Brush up on your knowledge a little, then come back and tell me that I'm wrong. You won't be able to ;)

Liddell? One of the best wrestlers in MMA? Now I KNOW you're off your rocker!! Sure, he's got decent wrestling skills. But to put him in the same boat as Evans, Sonnen, Couture, Hendo, Hughes, GSP, Lesner, etc.. that's just grasping at straws. You're trying to make it seem like Shogun actually has some TDD, when in reality, I could likely take him down.

Also, you ignored my point about what happened to the three guys who have managed to take Silva down. Remind me again.. what happened to them?

Silva wouldn't sub Rashad. Rashad can get out of his sub attempts so for 5 rounds Silva will just be laying under Rashad.

Rashad probably won't be able to get Silva down.

Silva was injured for the fight against Sonnen, and Rashad's wrestling isn't quite as good as Chael's is.

Regardless, Silva has proven that he can, and DOES, submit guys. Shogun's only submission victory, is against a very mediocre Kevin Randleman.

Sorry.. too many things on the go. I meant to type "Sonnen". Ya caught my slippin' on that one :)

If you don't consider Travis Lutter a world-class grappler' date=' then you obviously have no idea who he is. Brush up on your knowledge a little, then come back and tell me that I'm wrong. You won't be able to ;)

Liddell? One of the best wrestlers in MMA? Now I KNOW you're off your rocker!! Sure, he's got decent wrestling skills. But to put him in the same boat as Evans, Sonnen, Couture, Hendo, Hughes, GSP, Lesner, etc.. that's just grasping at straws. You're trying to make it seem like Shogun actually has some TDD, when in reality, I could likely take him down.

Also, you ignored my point about what happened to the three guys who have managed to take Silva down. Remind me again.. what happened to them?[/quote']

What happened to many of the people that took Shogun down. I still don't include Lutter as a world class grappler. And Everyone knows Liddell has one of the best sprawls in MMA and we seen what happened to him. I also highly doubt you could take him down. I've never met you so it's possible but highly unlikely. I could probably beat Anderson in a wrestling match though. Just a joke kidding.

What happened to many of the people that took Shogun down. I still don't include Lutter as a world class grappler. And Everyone knows Liddell has one of the best sprawls in MMA and we seen what happened to him. I also highly doubt you could take him down. I've never met you so it's possible but highly unlikely. I could probably beat Anderson in a wrestling match though. Just a joke kidding.

Regardless of what happened to the guys that took him down, it just goes to show that even people with 'average' wrestling skills, are able to take him down. That bodes well for Evans, as he knows that he'll be able to get this fight to the ground at some point.

Shogun has NEVER fought somebody like Rashad. He is far and away the best wrestler that he will have fought. Don't start with the Randleman and Coleman stuff, either. Those guys are crap, and we all know it.

Rashad, on the otherhand, has fought a world-class striker... and paid the price for playing the game. Against Lyoto, he had ZERO gameplan. He went in there trying to play 'wait and see', and obviously it didn't go very well for him. He will NOT make that mistake again.

Either way, I'm sure it will be one hell of a fight.

Also, as I thoroughly enjoy debating with you, I will now announce my departure. I'm off to work. I look forward to resuming this later.

Peace out, homie. :P

Regardless of what happened to the guys that took him down' date=' it just goes to show that even people with 'average' wrestling skills, are able to take him down. That bodes well for Evans, as he knows that he'll be able to get this fight to the ground at some point.

Shogun has NEVER fought somebody like Rashad. He is far and away the best wrestler that he will have fought. Don't start with the Randleman and Coleman stuff, either. Those guys are crap, and we all know it.

Rashad, on the otherhand, has fought a world-class striker... and paid the price for playing the game. Against Lyoto, he had ZERO gameplan. He went in there trying to play 'wait and see', and obviously it didn't go very well for him. He will NOT make that mistake again.

Either way, I'm sure it will be one hell of a fight.

Also, as I thoroughly enjoy debating with you, I will now announce my departure. I'm off to work. I look forward to resuming this later.

Peace out, homie. :P[/quote']

Shogun has face many wrestlers and did really well. People with average wrestling skills could take down Silva as well.

Archived