2 Words To End The Debate Over Wrestling in MMA 4 Good!

dimension33

CHUCK LIDDELL

He liked to knock people out and to do that...you have to keep the fight standing...so he used just enough wrestling to stuff takedowns and land the big shot...thats why he whooped Couture AND Ortiz twice a piece...confidence is a scary thing...look how timid Gray Maynard was in the opening of his bout with Florian...if Florian "Knew" he could knock Maynard out he could have used his confidence to embarass Maynard...but instead he didnt engage for 1 min and slowly let Maynard shake his nerves and get the big takedown which after the 1 takedown...Kenny was done mentally...LEARN FROM THE ICEMAN...stuff takedowns and knock people out...

CHUCK LIDDELL

He liked to knock people out and to do that...you have to keep the fight standing...so he used just enough wrestling to stuff takedowns and land the big shot...thats why he whooped Couture AND Ortiz twice a piece...confidence is a scary thing...look how timid Gray Maynard was in the opening of his bout with Florian...if Florian "Knew" he could knock Maynard out he could have used his confidence to embarass Maynard...but instead he didnt engage for 1 min and slowly let Maynard shake his nerves and get the big takedown which after the 1 takedown...Kenny was done mentally...LEARN FROM THE ICEMAN...stuff takedowns and knock people out...

Chuck had a wrestling background already he just only used it to stand, your mma knowledge fails.

lol well genius I never said he didnt have a background in wrestling and knowing Liddell wrestled in college doesnt qualify as "MMA Kowledge" except to ****** bags like yourself...Chuck used his wrestling background to keep the fight standing....good try making a point though...apology already accepted

And that is the point that so many folks with "tons of MMA knowledge" fail to understand, or acknowledge... cause the rasslin' it's evil.

lol well genius I never said he didnt have a background in wrestling and knowing Liddell wrestled in college doesnt qualify as "MMA Kowledge" except to ****** bags like yourself...Chuck used his wrestling background to keep the fight standing....good try making a point though...apology already accepted

If you don't think that his extensive wrestling back ground had no part to play in his tdd(which is a wrestling skill) your retarded.

And that is the point that so many folks with "tons of MMA knowledge" fail to understand' date=' or acknowledge... cause the rasslin' it's evil.[/quote']

Well my larger point is that...if you havent notice....alot has been said about wrestling in mma being "unfair" and Liddell is a great example of someone who's strength is his ko power so he used his wrestling just enough to keep the fight where he wanted it...all you have to do is stuff 2-3 takedowns and land a few shots to frustrate a wrestler and keep him out of his comfort zone...

Well my larger point is that...if you havent notice....alot has been said about wrestling in mma being "unfair" and Liddell is a great example of someone who's strength is his ko power so he used his wrestling just enough to keep the fight where he wanted it...all you have to do is stuff 2-3 takedowns and land a few shots to frustrate a wrestler and keep him out of his comfort zone...

I was agreeing with you ;)

Silentson - As long as we define LnP the same way, I'm ok with your comment. I for example, do not consider Fitch over Alvez, GSP over Hardy, or even Kos over Daley to be LnP.

CHUCK LIDDELL

Well said, regardless of how his lasfights have ended. He didnt want fights on the ground so he didnt let it go there!

If you don't think that his extensive wrestling back ground had no part to play in his tdd(which is a wrestling skill) your retarded.

your retarded for over-analyzing a post that was making the point about all the strikers that are hating on wrestling should look at how chuck kept the fight standing...really seems like you were looking for a chance to somehow dazzle us with your "mma knowledge"...did I really need to mention chuck wrestled division 1? That doesnt really qualify as "extensive wrestling background" in MMA... Is that not common knowledge?...and there is NO WAY his "extensive wrestling background" was on the same par as Couture's...and he knocked him out twice...which definitely supports my point that you dont have to be an olympic alternate to stuff a takedown...and that people like Dan Hardy should watch tapes on Liddell instead of crying about wrestling in MMA

your retarded for over-analyzing a post that was making the point about all the strikers that are hating on wrestling should look at how chuck kept the fight standing...really seems like you were looking for a chance to somehow dazzle us with your "mma knowledge"...did I really need to mention chuck wrestled division 1? That doesnt really qualify as "extensive wrestling background" in MMA... Is that not common knowledge?...and there is NO WAY his "extensive wrestling background" was on the same par as Couture's...and he knocked him out twice...which definitely supports my point that you dont have to be an olympic alternate to stuff a takedown...and that people like Dan Hardy should watch tapes on Liddell instead of crying about wrestling in MMA

A guy like Dan Hardy has zero wrestling background. I realize that Chuck's wrestling is not on par with Randy's (Randy dominated Chuck in their first fight so I don't get what your point is). But the reason Chuck did well against wrestlers is that he was a wrestler himself. He just used his wrestling differently.

A guy like Dan Hardy has zero wrestling background. I realize that Chuck's wrestling is not on par with Randy's (Randy dominated Chuck in their first fight so I don't get what your point is). But the reason Chuck did well against wrestlers is that he was a wrestler himself. He just used his wrestling differently.

Sorry but your kind of making my point for me...there are plenty of tapes and knowledge in the sport of MMA to train a guy as strong as Dan Hardy to stuff a takedown...GSP is one of the most DOMINANT wrestlers in UFC history...and he certainly doesnt have an extensive wrestling background...you just wanted to play the "who knows more about mma game" and ended up missing the point entirely because your so focused on showing us all how much you think you know

Theres entirely too much love and peace in this wrestling thread.

Instead of following chucks example. How about we follow the example of every real martial art?

When the wrestler ducks for a take down, elbow smash him in the spine.

Sooner or later wrestlers will realize its fun to be able to walk. And then they can evolve and learn some goddamn striking like a real fighter.

Theres entirely too much love and peace in this wrestling thread.

Instead of following chucks example. How about we follow the example of every real martial art?

When the wrestler ducks for a take down' date=' elbow smash him in the spine.

Sooner or later wrestlers will realize its fun to be able to walk. And then they can evolve and learn some goddamn striking like a real fighter.[/quote']

dude your a retard... i like to see you elbow strike me as i put you on your ****.

Im so sick of everybody hating on wrestlers this is mma and im a real fan of it and if all you like is when guys stand and bang ur not a true fan. dont get me wrong i love a good striking match but when a great wrestler hit a double or or throw like franky did thats part of the beauty of the sport, and yes it can be boring at times but its also the other persons fault for not getting up.

the real issue with wrestling vs striking is that takedowns hold too much weight in the ufc and judges need to get that changed

CHUCK LIDDELL

Chuck in his Prime was once in a Lifetime though. There's no One Punch KO fighter out there with quite Heavy a Sprawl.

Jones has a Nasty Sprawl but he like to take the fight to the ground lately

dude your a retard... i like to see you elbow strike me as i put you on your ****.

the real issue with wrestling vs striking is that takedowns hold too much weight in the ufc and judges need to get that changed

That elbow would be easy as pie and take less then eye blink for anyone over blue belt level in a striking discipline.

The judging is a big problem, but the bigger problem is the refs allowing stalling to go on for too long. The tools are mainly there already to fix this issue. The refs are just poorly trained and dont use them.

Im so sick of everybody hating on wrestlers this is mma and im a real fan of it and if all you like is when guys stand and bang ur not a true fan. dont get me wrong i love a good striking match but when a great wrestler hit a double or or throw like franky did thats part of the beauty of the sport' date=' and yes it can be boring at times but its also the other persons fault for not getting up.

the real issue with wrestling vs striking is that takedowns hold too much weight in the ufc and judges need to get that changed[/quote']

I actually agree with throwing an Elbow at a guy coming in for a TD. The ref would definitely not DQ him on the first one.

I would try to time the elbow to the Back of the Head. Just once, It would really make the Wrestler think about shooting and make him hesitate.

It's a little bit dirty but if a guy is gonna Stall to Win he deserves it.

I actually agree with throwing an Elbow at a guy coming in for a TD. The ref would definitely not DQ him on the first one.

I would try to time the elbow to the Back of the Head. Just once' date=' It would really make the Wrestler think about shooting and make him hesitate.

It's a little bit dirty but if a guy is gonna Stall to Win he deserves it.[/quote']

LOL hell yes. Dirty sure, but as dirty as sorry lay and pray? Seriously debatable.

I was thinking more of a wrestler in a real fight though, not a match. LOL talk about a fish in a barrel.

And a good one at that. I'm tired of hearing people say Chuck has decent wrestling. It's ****ing awesome.

Really....what has CHuck accomplished in the world of wrestling...he wrestled division 1 college wrestling...he has no state titles...never all american....HE WRESTLED IN COLLEGE...now for an average person...yeah he has boat loads of experience on them...but stuffing takedowns does not make your wrestling AWESOME compared with the collegiate wrestling backgrounds of a Sonnen, a Lesnar or a Couture...its like because you guys know Chuck use to wrestle in college you think your some kind of mma guru

Archived