How much can you bench?

StephenColbert

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes each hand...I've been lifting for 4 years takes a while but it's doable and honestly most gyms go up to 200 pound dumbells sooo really 135 ain't that much.

Its possible I suppose, how many reps? My dad has been lifting since he joined the military and he's in his 50's now, ive seen him bench 500 1 time, it was ridiculous.

Yes each hand...I've been lifting for 4 years takes a while but it's doable and honestly most gyms go up to 200 pound dumbells sooo really 135 ain't that much.

nice ive been training a while,theres nothing better than chucking up heavy dumbells,especially 60kg ones.

havent tried one rep max for a while.

you must have seen the prime ronnie coleman pushing the 200lbs dumbells?what a monster :cool:

nice ive been training a while' date='theres nothing better than chucking up heavy dumbells,especially 60kg ones.

havent tried one rep max for a while.

you must have seen the prime ronnie coleman pushing the 200lbs dumbells?what a monster :cool:[/quote']

my nickname at the gym is constipation. as when i try and pick up big weights all the guys think i am gonna **** myself. i did once.

I could put up my weight in high school and I'm much stronger now 25+ pounds heavier and 7-10 years older. Last summer on just a smaller steel bench pole that had one 25, two 15 and one 10 pound weight on each side and I put it up well over ten reps easily and the pole was probably 20 to 25.

130 plus the bar was atleast my weight of 155 so max I imagine I could do atleast 185. I could be wrong though a 30 to 35 pound difference I might struggle out two reps because I don't work with heavy weights often. I use 20, 25 and 30 pound weights and just do push ups, crunches and then pulls ups in my doorway and cycle back through that atleast two more times. I need to get a bigger house for all the womans **** before I could get anything else but honestly I'm fine with my routine and don't have enough time to get in a good gym often enough for it to be worth my while/money. Doing what I do 2 or 3 times a week is better for me personally then killing myself in the gym on days off when I'm already sore.

in high school i put up 295 weighing 180. i was all about powerlifting though. then i joined the military and everything changed over to endurance so the "how much" got changed to "how many." right now i have no idea. i can move my body weight around extremely easy. but, as to how much, i don't know.

That is 20 pounds more than you weigh' date=' so that is good. The normal standard is to be able to bench your own weight at least once.

From that info I get that you do not lift much, right?[/quote']

no man not heavy weight i mostly do endurance and conditioning.im also 13 so i just started high school on the 7. our school has the best gym in the city. so we were in there and we were benching to see who could do the most, i only did 160.

Archived