people who **** on GSP

Furiousmat

really don't seem to be bright enough to be able to see the diffrence between dominant ground game and LnP. That's a sad fact.

How can you guys say that GSP is a boring fighter and that he doesn't try to finish fights when you watch his last fights. There is a huge diffrence between not trying to finish a fight and not actually finishing it. In all of his last 3 fights, which usually are the reference people make, GSP worked his **** to finish the fight, but his opponents were tough dudes. If you go further than that in time, there was the fitch and the koscheck fight. Kos fight, can't say.. Fitch fight, damn don't tell me he didn't try to finish.

With the alves fight, GSP proly realized that ending the fight with GnP wasn't so easy so he tried to go with subs against Hardy. Honnestly, if you think he didn't try to finish these fights, you need to watch it again. He never stalled on 1 position. He kept switching and working on a DYNAMIC ground control. LnP is what Sonnen did against Silva, especially at the end, when he ended up getting caught. It's what that fool did when he had nothing left in his tank and was just trying to look busy with limp punches hoping that the clock would run out without having to stand up.

Notice that while controling basically everything that is happening on the ground for 5 rounds, GSP is still as active at the end as he is at second 1 of round 1. If you guys didn't enjoy the quality of the grappling display that UFC111 what, I seriously doubt your interest in MMA.

This isn't even an opinion. It's a fact. GSP is freagin active on the ground. One of the most active fighter of all, cuz his ground control is so powerful that he can afford the risk to lose a good position : he knows he'll get it back. So if anyone thinks that GSP's ground game is boring, I don't see how you can actually like any ground game at all. People care only about the finish. The finish isn't important. It's what leads to it. If every fight led to a 1st round KO and you payed your ticket that night, you'd be pissed to get out of there 30 min after you got in. 25 min of dynamic grappling is way better than a 1 punch KO Marquardt/Maia style.

You guys need to stop crying cuz GSP defeated your favorite fighter and accept that he rocks, period.

really don't seem to be bright enough to be able to see the diffrence between dominant ground game and LnP. That's a sad fact.

How can you guys say that GSP is a boring fighter and that he doesn't try to finish fights when you watch his last fights. There is a huge diffrence between not trying to finish a fight and not actually finishing it. In all of his last 3 fights' date=' which usually are the reference people make, GSP worked his **** to finish the fight, but his opponents were tough dudes. If you go further than that in time, there was the fitch and the koscheck fight. Kos fight, can't say.. Fitch fight, damn don't tell me he didn't try to finish.

With the alves fight, GSP proly realized that ending the fight with GnP wasn't so easy so he tried to go with subs against Hardy. Honnestly, if you think he didn't try to finish these fights, you need to watch it again. He never stalled on 1 position. He kept switching and working on a DYNAMIC ground control. LnP is what Sonnen did against Silva, especially at the end, when he ended up getting caught. It's what that fool did when he had nothing left in his tank and was just trying to look busy with limp punches hoping that the clock would run out without having to stand up.

Notice that while controling basically everything that is happening on the ground for 5 rounds, GSP is still as active at the end as he is at second 1 of round 1. If you guys didn't enjoy the quality of the grappling display that UFC111 what, I seriously doubt your interest in MMA.

This isn't even an opinion. It's a fact. GSP is freagin active on the ground. One of the most active fighter of all, cuz his ground control is so powerful that he can afford the risk to lose a good position : he knows he'll get it back. So if anyone thinks that GSP's ground game is boring, I don't see how you can actually like any ground game at all. People care only about the finish. The finish isn't important. It's what leads to it. If every fight led to a 1st round KO and you payed your ticket that night, you'd be pissed to get out of there 30 min after you got in. 25 min of dynamic grappling is way better than a 1 punch KO Marquardt/Maia style.

You guys need to stop crying cuz GSP defeated your favorite fighter and accept that he rocks, period.[/quote']

That post was almost as boring as a GSP fight.

Exactly.They need to blame the WW division.I like also that they say fighters deny going up or down a weight class.Why should they?Also there isn't any sources.It's just an assumption cause they are mad.I've said my opinion in other threads,but this sums it up pretty much.There's only a handful of people on this forum who truly appreciate the ground game.

Exactly.They need to blame the WW division.I like also that they say fighters deny going up or down a weight class.Why should they?Also there isn't any sources.It's just an assumption cause they are mad.I've said my opinion in other threads' date='but this sums it up pretty much.There's only a handful of people on this forum who truly appreciate the ground game.[/quote']

Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is entertainment. Don't get me wrong I love a good ground game when it's like a chess match. But to see someone just CONTROL someone and do barely any damage, imo that's boring. The last time GSP fought someone that was a threat to him off their back he greased up.

Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder' date=' so is entertainment. Don't get me wrong I love a good ground game when it's like a chess match. But to see someone just CONTROL someone and do barely any damage, imo that's boring. The last time GSP fought someone that was a threat to him off their back he greased up.[/quote']

yeah I see that you really thought my post was boring cuz you litteraly fell asleep when you read it. As I said, anyone who has a brain to think and eyes to see should've noticed that GSP actually did tons of damage in the Penn and Alves fights, and went for many subs against Hardy. Saying he just controled them is plain false and shows your ignorance.

As I said. If you think all he did is control, I suggest you should watch another sport, cuz this one's too complicated for you.

Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder' date=' so is entertainment. Don't get me wrong I love a good ground game when it's like a chess match. But to see someone just CONTROL someone and do barely any damage, imo that's boring. The last time GSP fought someone that was a threat to him off their back he greased up.[/quote']

That's like me saying Anderson Silva should jump into Damien Maias guard.When he laid on the ground.To show his Black Belt he got from the Nogs.To show off his supreme skills.Instead of dancing around.Do you get where I'm coming from?

That's like me saying Anderson Silva should jump into Damien Maias guard.When he laid on the ground.To show his Black Belt he got from the Nogs.To show off his supreme skills.Instead of dancing around.Do you get where I'm coming from?

Thats not true at all, if he spent more time posturing up for his GnP and less time maintaining control maybe he would be putting opponents away. He should also grow a pair and break someone's arm next time they won't tap.

Smart and safe go hand in hand.Fighting smart is different than safe?You have to be smart to fight safe.Or you would be completely dumb,and just stand with someone that is weak on the ground.So that makes no sense.You do realize that GSP was attempting an arm bar.He didn't let it go cause he didn't want to break it.He didn't have it at the 90 degree angle.Look up the interview with Renzo Gracie.He says GSP came up to him,and said he was disappointed in his Jits.That he had it locked wrong.That's the only fight I found he couldn't really finish.All the other fights he dominated,and there's soooo many pics that have proof of that.I think everyone just jumps onto each others words for their own pleasure.

Grappling is fantastic' date=' its grapplers who use their talents to fight safe that are the problem. And gsp himself admits to fighting safe.[/quote']

why is it a problem. GSP fights safe, thats what you call having a brain. But fighting safe and being boring aren't the same thing. Fighting safe and LnP aren't teh same thing either. The fact that GSP fights safe doesn't imply that he doesn't try to finish his fights.

Most fighters play safe. Some of them don't, but they're dumb asses and will have a short carreer. Only diffrence is GSP is honnest enough to talk about the fact that he doesn't dive into a fight just swaying like a maniac like Rambo. Those who don't wanna end up like Jardine or Liddell should take example on this.

How can you guys say that GSP is a boring fighter and that he doesn't try to finish fights when you watch his last fights. There is a huge diffrence between not trying to finish a fight and not actually finishing it. In all of his last 3 fights' date=' which usually are the reference people make, GSP worked his **** to finish the fight, but his opponents were tough dudes. If you go further than that in time, there was the fitch and the koscheck fight. Kos fight, can't say.. Fitch fight, damn don't tell me he didn't try to finish.

You guys need to stop crying cuz GSP defeated your favorite fighter and accept that he rocks, period.[/quote']

Very good post. I always said there was a difference between Lay n Prey and Lay n Pray.

Smart and safe go hand in hand.Fighting smart is different than safe?You have to be smart to fight safe.Or you would be completely dumb' date='and just stand with someone that is weak on the ground.So that makes no sense.You do realize that GSP was attempting an arm bar.He didn't let it go cause he didn't want to break it.He didn't have it at the 90 degree angle.Look up the interview with Renzo Gracie.He says GSP came up to him,and said he was disappointed in his Jits.That he had it locked wrong.That's the only fight I found he couldn't really finish.All the other fights he dominated,and there's soooo many pics that have proof of that.I think everyone just jumps onto each others words for their own pleasure.[/quote']

Safe and smart describe two different things. Don't even try to manipulate Gsp's quote to try and make it sound better. No one is saying that he has to stand with a striker, all he has to do is posture up for his GnP. he can risk losing positions as he has the best take downs in mma at his disposal to get the opponent down again if his risks don't pay off. He has the talents to finish any opponent but he is content with decisions lately. Your arguments are really null and void though as gsp himself admits what he is doing.

Safe and smart describe two different things. Don't even try to manipulate Gsp's quote to try and make it sound better. No one is saying that he has to stand with a striker' date=' all he has to do is posture up for his GnP. he can risk losing positions as he has the best take downs in mma at his disposal to get the opponent down again if his risks don't pay off. He has the talents to finish any opponent but he is content with decisions lately. Your arguments are really null and void though as gsp himself admits what he is doing.[/quote']

how did I change his quote to make it sound better?Every other fighter he fought he has dominated.Not needing to posture up from the guard to GnP.He's made them look like amateurs in all aspects of MMA.Is that his fault?Like I said.The sport is evolving,and you're going to have a lot of guys in the UFC doing this,and it'll be based on using wrestling.Because of the Judging.

That's why fighters are fighting smart like this.Cause it's octagon control.Why would GSP risk standing up with a fighter if they're known for Knocking out people?He has the belt.The other fighter needs to prove that he can defend the take down.So he won't be held and dominated.Don't blame the champion.Blame the whole division.Until someone can actually beat him.No one has shown they can even come close.

I still laugh when I see Silva fanboy's talking about GSP being boring. Go watch Silva vs Maia.... or Leites.... or Cote. Any of those will do as a sleeping pill.

To say Silva fought like a woman in those fights is an embarrassment to women in general.

But I still don;t hate Anderson for it... why? because he fought SAFE. He ran away for 25 minutes against Maia and Leites 'cause he knew if they got ahold of him he'd be in danger.

It's a sport and these guys fight to win, not to give some people in a forum something to talk about

I still laugh when I see Silva fanboy's talking about GSP being boring. Go watch Silva vs Maia.... or Leites.... or Cote. Any of those will do as a sleeping pill.

To say Silva fought like a woman in those fights is an embarrassment to women in general.

But I still don;t hate Anderson for it... why? because he fought SAFE. He ran away for 25 minutes against Maia and Leites 'cause he knew if they got ahold of him he'd be in danger.

It's a sport and these guys fight to win' date=' not to give some people in a forum something to talk about[/quote']

Exactly.Great post.

It's a sport and these guys fight to win' date=' not to give some people in a forum something to talk about[/quote']

Good to know that you both equate a gsp performance to Anderson vs Maia.

The Leites fight wasn't Silva's fault. The guy kept flopping on the ground everytime Silva got near him. Cote fight wasn't finished due to injury. Maia fight he didn't run for 25 minutes he was whooping his **** the first 3 rounds.

When was the last time GSP finished a fight? 1/31/09(Corner stoppage)before that 4/19/08(Also he greased)

When was the last time Silva finished a fight? 8/7/10

Silva: 27 wins 20 finishes

Silva: Last 10 fights 8 finishes 2 decisions 0 losses

GSP: 20 wins 12 Finishes

GSP: Last 10 fights 5 decisions 4 finishes 1 loss

Wow.GSP didn't finish all his fights,but he completely DOMINATED them.Anderson's past fights weren't IMPRESSIVE at all.Those 3 fights he had.Weren't impressive.GSP has had one fight I wasn't impressed by.This is me a fan of both.So your facts aren't very solid in this sort of argument.I just can't believe this is going around and around.Like a merry go round<<

Wow.GSP didn't finish all his fights' date='but he completely DOMINATED them.Anderson's past fights weren't IMPRESSIVE at all.Those 3 fights he had.Weren't impressive.GSP has had one fight I wasn't impressed by.This is me a fan of both.So your facts aren't very solid in this sort of argument.I just can't believe this is going around and around.Like a merry go round<<<[/quote']

Anderson's win over Sonnen in the 5th round was 1 of the most impressive finishes I've ever seen. Being on the brink of your first loss in years after breaking UFC records for consecutive defences and wins to come back with 2 1/2 minutes left in the roundand pull off a sub. That's not impressive??? Maia fight was eh And the Forrest fight was also something for the history books. No one has ever been tooled like that. If you didn't find those 2 fights impressive there's something seriously wrong with you.

Anderson's win over Sonnen in the 5th round was 1 of the most impressive finishes I've ever seen. Being on the brink of your first loss in years after breaking UFC records for consecutive defences and wins to come back with 2 1/2 minutes left in the roundand pull off a sub. That's not impressive??? Maia fight was eh And the Forrest fight was also something for the history books. No one has ever been tooled like that. If you didn't find those 2 fights impressive there's something seriously wrong with you.

imo the Maia fight was very impressive. Silva used so many different styles like drunken boxing and capo era. The guy was messing around and still touched Maia whenever he felt like it. Maia's face was hamburger from the first three rounds.

You do realize I'm an Anderson Silva fan,and I just said that.I think the posts here are just not sinking in.To see how bad Anderson is on the ground.Is just plain horrible.I had a feeling this would happen though.Now imagine if GSP was on top.I'm pretty sure GSP would be transitioning a lot more,and make Silva look like an amateur.Good thing Sonnen is pillow fisted.Or Silva would of been dethroned.I wasn't impressed by the beating Anderson suffered at all.You will probably cry he had bruised ribs,but then again.Anderson should learn TDD.So if he lost.I wouldn't be making up excuses.Cause I'm a fan of his.I'd say he needs to learn TDD.I wouldn't say.All Sonnen does is lay and pray.Throw his pillow fists.Meanwhile I dislike Sonnen.Only cause of his one dimension.He hates BJJ.He doesn't even admire it what so ever.He's admitted this.GSP on the other hand was trying to get that sub in on Hardy,and failed.He was also ashamed of it,and he is so well rounded.We've seen his striking.We've seen his ground and pound.We've seen him attempting to get farther in Jits.I'm not trying to compare the two.I'm trying to make an example.

Dont even bother reasoning with them mate... theyre fanboys.. all logic is out the window.

When it comes down to it all successful fighters fight smart and safe. Silva avoids bjj guys, george gnp's weak kickboxers, randy dirty boxes, frankie bobs/weaves and keeps his distance, brock takes ppl down... its called fighting to your strengths.. and it's why he's arguably the greatest ww of all time.

Anderson's past fights weren't IMPRESSIVE at all.Those 3 fights he had.Weren't impressive.GSP has had one fight I wasn't impressed by.

wow lol, ok lets look at Silva & GSP's last 3 fights.

So u weren't impressed by Silva vs Griffin?

Personally i thought the first three rounds of Silva vs Maia and the last round of Silva vs Sonnen was amazing, even Dana White called it "Legendary".

GSP vs BJ was sad, GSP couldn't even take BJ down on first round then he cheated(at least he got busted this time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMcHnMjnI0

GSP vs Alves/Hardy were super boring.

Finally someone speaks sense!

I usually watch fights with my friends, and if it goes to the ground for more than 20 seconds they start *****ing about how boring the fight is. I really bugs me when people don't appreciate a good grappling match on the ground, and GSP vs Hardy was a good one.

One of my friends even said Demian Maia vs Mario Miranda was boring, and that Maia's ground game sucks because he couldn't finish the fight. At that point I wanted to stomp on his head American History X style...

Wow.I said his fights with Maia.For one.His fight with Sonnen.Wasn't impressive.His other lackluster performances with Leites and Cote.GSP/Hardy.That was the only fight that wasn't exciting.He made BJ Penn quit.I wasn't even comparing the two really.It's just ironic you have Silva fans bashing GSP's fighting.Meanwhile if you read my posts.No one can really answer back.

Finally someone speaks sense!

I usually watch fights with my friends' date=' and if it goes to the ground for more than 20 seconds they start *****ing about how boring the fight is. I really bugs me when people don't appreciate a good grappling match on the ground, and GSP vs Hardy was a good one.

One of my friends even said Demian Maia vs Mario Miranda was boring, and that Maia's ground game sucks because he couldn't finish the fight. At that point I wanted to stomp on his head American History X style...[/quote']

I know how exactly you feel.I have drunk friends that get bored too,and say they don't want to see humping.It's really frustrating how meatheaded people can really be.

good read and your telling the truth gsp #1

With the alves fight, GSP proly realized that ending the fight with GnP wasn't so easy so he tried to go with subs against Hardy. Honnestly, if you think he didn't try to finish these fights, you need to watch it again. He never stalled on 1 position. He kept switching and working on a DYNAMIC ground control[b']. LnP is what Sonnen did against Silva, especially at the end, when he ended up getting caught. It's what that fool did when he had nothing left in his tank and was just trying to look busy with limp punches hoping that the clock would run out without having to stand up.[/b]

You guys need to stop crying cuz GSP defeated your favorite fighter and accept that he rocks, period.

You suck

Wow.I said his fights with Maia.For one.His fight with Sonnen.Wasn't impressive.His other lackluster performances with Leites and Cote.GSP/Hardy.That was the only fight that wasn't exciting.He made BJ Penn quit.I wasn't even comparing the two really.It's just ironic you have Silva fans bashing GSP's fighting.Meanwhile if you read my posts.No one can really answer back.

The fight with Sonnen was more exciting and the end was more impressive then GSP's last 3 fights. And BJ's corner stopped that fight. BJ Couldn't utilize his BJJ because BJ was greasing. The first 3 rounds of the Maia fight was more exciting then any rounds in the last 2 GSP fights. And Cote fight was stopped prematurely. Wow didn't I say this stuff already? I think I did and you choose to ignore it because you were pwnd.

This is a spectators sport with a big fan base.... do people want to watch GSPs ground game for 25 minutes? Yes it may be affective and win him fights but it doesn?t make it fun to watch!! His style of fighting is doing nothing for 1st time viewer of the spot. People hail GSP as one of the best pound for pound fighters and tune in to watch this guy hoping to see some action. My guess is that they are not particularly impressed or entertained and don't really rate MMA that highly because of it.

Fans of GSP can you honestly tell me that you enjoy watching this guy control people on the ground for 5 whole rounds?!?

Out of all the title fights WW is all the most boring because of GSP. He needs to up his game and mix it up a little before he starts to loose his fan base. People say he's an active fighter on the ground, is he really? Because I've seen more action from a paraplegic.

Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder' date=' so is entertainment. Don't get me wrong I love a good ground game when it's like a chess match. [b']But to see someone just CONTROL someone and do barely any damage, imo [/b]that's boring. The last time GSP fought someone that was a threat to him off their back he greased up.

You are the exact reason why these forums are for noobs now. Your MMA knowledge sucks or your a troll. You love a good ground game if the 2 fighters are equal but when one is so dominant over another, as GSP is, you get bored, Dont blame GSP for being so damn good, blame his competition for being weak. Open your eyes boy. You'll be the one telling the grandkids you actually saw GSP in his prime and how amazing it was to watch.

This is a spectators sport with a big fan base.... do people want to watch GSPs ground game for 25 minutes? Yes it may be affective and win him fights but it doesn?t make it fun to watch!! His style of fighting is doing nothing for 1st time viewer of the spot. People hail GSP as one of the best pound for pound fighters and tune in to watch this guy hoping to see some action. My guess is that they are not particularly impressed or entertained and don't really rate MMA that highly because of it.

Fans of GSP can you honestly tell me that you enjoy watching this guy control people on the ground for 5 whole rounds?!?

Out of all the title fights WW is all the most boring because of GSP. He needs to up his game and mix it up a little before he starts to loose his fan base. People say he's an active fighter on the ground' date=' is he really? Because I've seen more action from a paraplegic[/b'].

Are you new to mma or just this forum, either way, hi hater

GSP landed 174 strikes against Hardy in that fight, went 11 for 11 on takedowns, attempted 6 submissions (2 of them extremely deep) and had 26 transitions. Name me another fight in which someone was more active on the ground?

Not to mention he allowed 1 standing strike against (in dana white's opinion, an amazing striker). PS that 1 strike was a leg jab.

Let me know when you find that fight

Bye hater

Are you new to mma or just this forum' date=' either way, hi hater

GSP landed 174 strikes against Hardy in that fight, went 11 for 11 on takedowns, attempted 6 submissions (2 of them extremely deep) and had 26 transitions. Name me another fight in which someone was more active on the ground?

Not to mention he allowed 1 standing strike against (in dana white's opinion, an amazing striker). PS that 1 strike was a leg jab.

Let me know when you find that fight

Bye hater[/quote']

Can i ask where you got the statistics from? Is it compustrike or fightmetric because i am bored and want to look at something lol

fightmetric

I also don't know why people say GSP is a boring fighter. I mean i a not a fan of his but he always works and improves his position. I don't realy like the wrestling aspect but when it is combined with submissions/BJJ i enjoy watching it.

GSP's fight with hardy was in my opinion slightly disappointing though. I mean Hardy is not a grappler and GSP is on a whole other level compared to him and i was annoyed that he could not finish. Even if Hardy is one of my favourates.

It's sad really.Haters just **** on figthers based on personal opinions and they dont want to see the facts.I like Silva, GSP and Penn.Liking one doesnt mean you have to hate the others. GSP is the most well rounded fighter in MMA right now it's a fact.The fact that he uses his wrestling to win is the same thing why Silva uses his striking, a good fighter tries to always uses strenghts and makes his opponent his weaknesses

I also don't know why people say GSP is a boring fighter. I mean i a not a fan of his but he always works and improves his position. I don't realy like the wrestling aspect but when it is combined with submissions/BJJ i enjoy watching it.

GSP's fight with hardy was in my opinion slightly disappointing though. I mean Hardy is not a grappler and GSP is on a whole other level compared to him and i was annoyed that he could not finish. Even if Hardy is one of my favourates.

I agree that it was a bit disappointing, but the truth is Hardy is one tough SOB. I'm sure you as well as others understand that I am a huge GSP fan and I wanted him to finish, but for people to state that he is an inactive or boring fighter is rediculous. I mean it's not like one could argue that Hardy is at a James Toney level of grappler, the guy has a brown belt in jiu jitsu under Eddie Bravo and GSP made him look like he had never grappled in his life. Could GSP take more risks, sure, but the fact that he hasn't lost a round in over 3 years and gets an additional $200,000 per win makes me understand why he fight's smart.

In saying this, I hope he bloodies Koscheck badly before actually snapping his arm.

It's sad really.Haters just **** on figthers based on personal opinions and they dont want to see the facts.I like Silva' date=' GSP and Penn.Liking one doesnt mean you have to hate the others. GSP is the most well rounded fighter in MMA right now it's a fact.The fact that he uses his wrestling to win is the same thing why Silva uses his striking, a good fighter tries to always uses strenghts and makes his opponent his weaknesses[/quote']

Well said. Anderson doesn't like going to the ground because there is too much risk for him there. GSP wants it on the ground because of the lack of risk to him there. Both are capable of beating an opponent in either position, it just heightens the probability of winning a fight where you know you have the clear advantage. Anyone who thinks GSP is a LnP fighter should check out the "Fightmetric" for any single fight.

These are my thoughts exactly in most of his fights GSP is trying to finish which is all i ask of any fighter whos speciality is the ground game but the Hardy fight was a below par performance for him and i think GSP was most likely dissapointed he didnt finish the fight aswell

I agree that it was a bit disappointing' date='[b'] but the truth is Hardy is one tough SOB. [/b]I'm sure you as well as others understand that I am a huge GSP fan and I wanted him to finish, but for people to state that he is an inactive or boring fighter is rediculous. I mean it's not like one could argue that Hardy is at a James Toney level of grappler, the guy has a brown belt in jiu jitsu under Eddie Bravo and GSP made him look like he had never grappled in his life. Could GSP take more risks, sure, but the fact that he hasn't lost a round in over 3 years and gets an additional $200,000 per win makes me understand why he fight's smart.

In saying this, I hope he bloodies Koscheck badly before actually snapping his arm.

The only thing I wonder is if GSP could have broken Hardys arm and chose not to? I wonder if he thought about the negative aspect it may have on his marketability? I know it would have gone through my head.

Archived