Silva vs. Sonnen II

JJKid

Silva and Sonnen are expected to have a rematch some time in early 2011. Sonnen has gone on the record to state he doesn't really want to wait around for Silva coming off a rib injury (this is the extent of my knowledge atm).

I was actually surprised they are having a immediate rematch at all, I understand Sonnen dominated the first 4 rounds of a very exciting fight, but he still got stopped in the fifth, this is like a "controversial decision" like Machida- Shogun or Penn- Edgar. I was just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on this fight.

Silva and Sonnen are expected to have a rematch some time in early 2011. Sonnen has gone on the record to state he doesn't really want to wait around for Silva coming off a rib injury (this is the extent of my knowledge atm).

I was actually surprised they are having a immediate rematch at all' date=' I understand Sonnen dominated the first 4 rounds of a very exciting fight, but he still got stopped in the fifth, this is like a "controversial decision" like Machida- Shogun or Penn- Edgar. I was just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on this fight.[/quote']

I personally think this fight should not be happening, sonnen got beat! End of! He's n of the champion and wasn't when he lost therefore give someone else a shot! Silva will destroy sonnen in the first round this time!

There is alot of opinions of the rematch, but i am keen to see it. The first fight was excellent and hopefully the second can be just as good.

The UFC will be doing a rematch mainly for the revenue, because this fight will be hyped up again, and im sure will get alot of buys.

This fight also gives Anderson a chance to prove his dominance on the division, and gives Chael a chance to fix his sub game.

lol, Shady_Champ I'm not sure what your position is on the rematch due to the context of your statement, but it was kinda funny the way I read it.

To clarify are tou saying he is incredulous because he has to beat him again as though it was hard enough the first time and he doesn't think he can do it again, or that he had a rib injury and can't beleive he would have to fight this "scrub" again after he just finished him?

lol' date=' Shady_Champ I'm not sure what your position is on the rematch due to the context of your statement, but it was kinda funny the way I read it.

To clarify are tou saying he is incredulous because he has to beat him again as though it was hard enough the first time and he doesn't think he can do it again, [b']or that he had a rib injury and can't beleive he would have to fight this "scrub" again after he just finished him[/b]?

I'm split on the rematch. The only reason I wanna see it is to shut the haters up. But I know once Silva wins again Sonnen will be called a can and people will say so what he already beat him. So I guess it won't shut them up it will just give them new ammo.

1st fight was fun to watch i do want to see them fight again but not straight away sonnen should fight some one else before he gets 2 fight silva again, i wouldnt mind if sonnen had a match say with the winnner of Bisping vs Akiyama and won that and then when silva's ribs are better, had a there rematch i dont like all this rematch crap after titel fights thats been going on the only one i think that should of happend is, Machida vs Shogun

1st fight was fun to watch i do want to see them fight again but not straight away sonnen should fight some one else before he gets 2 fight silva again' date=' i wouldnt mind if sonnen had a match say with the winnner of Bisping vs Akiyama and won that and then when silva's ribs are better, had a there rematch i dont like all this rematch crap after titel fights thats been going on the only one i think that should of happend is, Machida vs Shogun[/quote']

I agree. Especially with Silva who is coming towards the end of his career. He only has so many fights left. Let's see him fight someone new. That was the main reason for Hendo leaving because Dana didn't wanna give him a rematch even after he beat Rich and Bisping.

I personally think this fight should not be happening' date=' sonnen got beat! End of! He's n of the champion and wasn't when he lost therefore give someone else a shot! Silva will destroy sonnen in the first round this time![/quote']

+1, Silva should fight whoever he wants, i.e. he should pick who he wants to fight next.

Personally i think Silva should fight GSP @ 170lb like they mentioned in UFC 112, so we'll get to find out who is the best p4p in UFC.

Wow really? That's funny I couldv'e swore that when Bruce Buffer announced the results he said The "Winner" by submission Anderson Silva. Not the LOSER Chael Sonnen. Discussion reopened.

no. i think he means that sonnen just gave it to him almost not like silva realy worked for it , kinda just took a beating and the 10 seconds of trickery and boom its done, but you probably know what he means and your just being a smart ****!

Silva+vs+Sonnen+29+-+Fitness+Philippines.jpg

SilvaSonnen896UFC117.jpg

anderson-silva.jpg

^^^That^^^ Was probably the look on Silva's face when he was told he has to beat Sonnen again. I love that look. It's like "Really? Are you ****ing kidding me? This scrub again? Wait til you see what I do without injury"

Scrub? ROFL. Yeah... Well, there goes just about any real credibility I'll ever see in a post you make again.

Lets be honest a lot of Anderson fans are pro against the fight because of what chael can possibly do again. Look at the MW division as a whole after chael how many contenders are there in that division that'll keep us intrested? In my eyes 2, Vitor and Okami. I'm for the rematch so the division can build up more contenders like the HW and LHW division has.

sonnen is already the best MW in the world but just doesn't hold the belt yet. ?He defeated the myth and now he will defeat the NOT BETTER champion.

Silva suks compared to chael. hahahahaha. when i see silva and his ****y attitude i laugh now cuz he did it to chael and even though he has a reason to he looked like a ***** in the fight.

GO SONNEN!@#$%^%$#@!@#$%$#@!!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!!!!!!!!!!

TBH I am not really a fan of either man, I like both guys, Chael for Humour (albeit boring style, bar the silva fight), and Silva for his dominant and often exciting performances. However, I think the rematch is useless, Silva, while injured, defeated Chael by stopping him. Thus he should move down to 170 or meet in the middle with GSP or have another fight at 205 rather than defend his MW championship again so soon, as there are no real top contenders.

This fight should deffo happen and the only ones who say it shouldnt are Anderson pole smokers! No one on here can say they did not experience a roller coaster of emotions during that fight. Be u an anderson or sonnen fan i garuntee u were screaming at the t.v.! So why would u not want that again??? It was a class fight! And lets face it, although anderson did win, he get whooped for four rounds which no one has ever done to Silva in the ufc! If that doesnt warrant a rematch then you obviously belong on the special bus outta here!

Silva+vs+Sonnen+29+-+Fitness+Philippines.jpg

SilvaSonnen896UFC117.jpg

anderson-silva.jpg

^^^That^^^ Was probably the look on Silva's face when he was told he has to beat Sonnen again. I love that look. It's like "Really? Are you ****ing kidding me? This scrub again? Wait til you see what I do without injury"

So you just gotta make excuses for silva huh? You can't just accept he got his **** beat for fou and a half rounds. I'm a silva fan but he finally met his match sonnen will take his title in the rematch.

I just don't see why sonnen gets a rematch, there is no sense! He lost, will lose again will go up to 205 and lose even more, everyone knows how easy he submits so will just go for that! An argument for sonnen would be no one else is worthy of title match yet, although after bisping beAts akiyama and sonnen will be ready!

I think sonnen will win this time. Silva didn't win Sonnen lost. He gave it to him. End of discussion

LOL!!! So let me get this straight, Sonnen who says his goal is to be the champ, controls most of the fight on the ground but in the last round says naw I don't want to be champ anymore, I'll just let Silva sub me! How clever!:rolleyes:

You're right End of discussion for you, GTFO!:P

Archived