The takeover by Islam is almost complete.

UFCITOLDUSO

Apparently you cannot post on MMA websites anything disparaging about the great "religion of peace" without being censored by the self-appointed 'protectors of Islam' AKA the forum moderators.

It's an interesting juxtaposition to the way members are allowed to mock and ridicule Christianity, so it can't be a blanket ban on anti-religious posts.

Given it's exclusive protected status, one is left to speculate if:

1. This is the religion of the forum,

2. Is there a fear of retaliation to the expression of free thought on this forum by members of the "religion of peace?"

And it's not just the UFC forums, either. Over at Bloody Elbow, they're also very diligent to prevent any commentary that may be less than flattering on the "religion of peace."

And the pile of bodies continues to grow...

lol i saw a fella compare jesus to a pedo the other day and nothing.

imagine if we compared alla to a pedo?

Not strictly true. Yes, he put two pictures up which just happened to look similar, but he didn't compare them in any way other than saying the looked similar, and he edited it when some people moaned. And who's to say it was an accurate depiction as Jesus. He did a good job of avoiding the papparazzi.

I didnt see the thread' date=' what was offensive about it?[/quote']

It was over the top, kinda like this one, and led to people arguing. Therefore it was deleted.

Yeah, like most threads in this section should be, but people take this topic to heart.

Maybe we should just get rid of this section, and get this forum back to what it should be.

Not strictly true. Yes' date=' he put two pictures up which just happened to look similar, but he didn't compare them in any way other than saying the looked similar, and he edited it when some people moaned. And who's to say it was an accurate depiction as Jesus. He did a good job of avoiding the papparazzi.[/quote']

yes i know what you mean happy.but if it were alla there would have been bannings. i have the utmost respect for the poster who posted it i was surprised with him.

It was over the top' date=' kinda like this one, and led to people arguing. Therefore it was deleted.

Yeah, like most threads in this section should be, but people take this topic to heart.

Maybe we should just get rid of this section, and get this forum back to what it should be.[/quote']

No, I like this section:(

yes i know what you mean happy.but if it were alla there would have been bannings. i have the utmost respect for the poster who posted it i was surprised with him.

There may have been warnings for the pics involved, but the poster was respectful enough to remove them at the first objection.

As far as your mod-beef, they are in charge, and will always have the upper hand, so best not poke a sleeping lion in case you wake him up.

Yeah' date=' I deleted your thread.

Because of the direction it took.

As a person that joined the Army after 9/11 and went to war for this Country, I take great offense to your accusation.[/quote']

It was over the top' date=' kinda like this one, and led to people arguing. Therefore it was deleted.

Maybe we should just get rid of this section, and get this forum back to what it should be.[/quote']

If you're being told to do this then is no reflection on you personally.

But the fact remains that Islam enjoys a protected status not granted to other religions on this forum, and others also.

The OP was thought provoking, and an honest observation of the fact that there were no memorial services in any prominent mosques, mourning and decrying the terrorist attacks committed in it's name.

But the fact remains that Islam enjoys a protected status not granted to other religions on this forum' date=' and others also.

The OP was thought provoking, and an honest observation of the fact that there were no memorial services in any prominent mosques, mourning and decrying the terrorist attacks committed in it's name.[/quote']

I can assure you that I am not being told to protect Islam, or anything else.

But the fact remains that Islam enjoys a protected status not granted to other religions on this forum' date=' and others also.

The OP was thought provoking, and an honest observation of the fact that there were no memorial services in any prominent mosques, mourning and decrying the terrorist attacks committed in it's name.[/quote']

Evan though I disagree with Islam, some are peaceful. What I am not sure about is this, if you can answer it

Does the "Whole" nation of Islam follow the doctrine that say killl those who don't convert to Islam?

Evan though I disagree with Islam' date=' some are peaceful. What I am not sure about is this, if you can answer it

Does the "Whole" nation of Islam follow the doctrine that say killl those who don't convert to Islam?[/quote']

When you say "Nation of Islam" you are referring to a specific sect, much like Catholic is to Christianity.

What I believe you meant was "all Muslims."

The obvious answer is no.

The obvious issue is that the "peaceful leaders" are by and large incredibly silent when it comes to protecting the reputation of their "religion of peace" when such horror is committed in it's name.

Their silence is quiet approval.

When you say "Nation of Islam" you are referring to a specific sect' date=' much like Catholic is to Christianity.

What I believe you meant was "all Muslims."

The obvious answer is no.

The obvious issue is that the "peaceful leaders" are by and large incredibly silent when it comes to protecting the reputation of their "religion of peace" when such horror is committed in it's name.

Their silence is quiet approval.[/quote']

Is the nation of Islam dominant by the Muslim religion? Do you believe all Muslims are evil, or just a sect of them? If not, why then should all Muslims be persecuted? Could their silence be fear?

Also, I do not believe what Obama is supporting is right considering the past circumstances.

All religions are dangerous. they lead to black and white thinking, us vs. them, illusions of absolutes, promises of infinite gains.

add all that together and its not surprising that people are willing to sacrifice this life (the only life we know of) for religion.

with irreligion you can discard false but comforting notions of eternal paradise and accept and enjoy everyday in REAL life. the value of a finite life is priceless therefore it is treated with more respect.

Is the nation of Islam dominant by the Muslim religion? Do you believe all Muslims are evil' date=' or just a sect of them? If not, why then should all Muslims be persecuted? Could their silence be fear?

Also, I do not believe what Obama is supporting is right considering the past circumstances.[/quote']

The remark was about ISLAMIC LEADERS. I alluded to nothing of the garden variety Muslims. Although they should be up in arms against terrorism, also.

All religions are dangerous. they lead to black and white thinking' date=' us vs. them, illusions of absolutes[/b'], promises of infinite gains.

add all that together and its not surprising that people are willing to sacrifice this life (the only life we know of) for religion.

with irreligion you can discard false but comforting notions of eternal paradise and accept and enjoy everyday in REAL life. the value of a finite life is priceless therefore it is treated with more respect.

Your opinion of religion v. secularism or humanism, is just as full of absolutes, and black and white thinking. Which is okay for you, just a little hypocritical.

I posted that all I did was say it was a similar beard and thought it was funny! I did not say jesus was apaedophile and thought people would see the funny side obviously not as I did change it !

It was in no way a way to try and take a jib at christianity just a funny similarity in beards that was all!

I never did say jesus is a paedo! As that would jave been stupid and resulted me in a ban but all I did was compare beards ! And really we don't lnow what jesus looked like anyway its just what he was thought to look like ! But it was in no way intneded to make fun of jesus just a funny comparison of beards!

I am sorry if some people took it the wrong way but I think they may have been over sensitive!

Edit quoted the wrong quote

Use of the word "Takeover" is what bothers me, as though one religion has a fundamental right to sit atop a throne, but is about to be deposed. As this is an MMA forum, to equate it in those terms, you might as well say christianity is GSP, and Islam is Koscheck. We are now an overly sensitive world, and the people who will suffer the most are non believers, as they are the people who will be caught up in a war based on fictional characters.

All religions are dangerous. they lead to black and white thinking' date=' us vs. them, illusions of absolutes, promises of infinite gains.

with irreligion you can discard false but comforting notions of eternal paradise and accept and enjoy everyday in REAL life. the value of a finite life is priceless therefore it is treated with more respect.[/quote']

Well put. Nice Avatar too!! Loved the vid.

Let's be honest, it's been like this for a very long time in the real world, so why would forums be any different. I dont believe in Islam, or necessarily agree with it, my people and family have experienced religious war, and to this day bibles and churchs are burnt down in all of the Middle East, with masacres of Christians occuring in Egypt and Africa. Actually the fall of Sadam brought on alot of violence against Christians in Iraq, with church's burnt down. BUT people have a right to their own beliefs, that being said, if one religion can be questioned and made fun of, than all should. It is no less wrong to ridicule Jesus as it is Mohammed, but the fact is does happen.

Religion is not the problem, people are. Even if there was no religion, we would murder each other over something else, but for some, believing you go to heaven for taking someones life, makes it easier.

All religions are dangerous. they lead to black and white thinking' date=' us vs. them, illusions of absolutes, promises of infinite gains.

[/quote']

while I'm not religious myself, I can't recognize the idea that religion is inherently bad or that no religion is inherently good... while their are negatives that come out of religion, there are also positives as well, most of which go unrecognized because it's not "newsworthy"... and there are many negative things that happen in this world without any religious motivation behind them...

at the end of the day, religion is really just a reflection of human nature, and because of that if carries with it all the good and bad things that are apart of our human nature, and even if religion were to die out today, the human nature behind all these good and bad forces in our world would still be just as strong...

just a thought...

Archived