Carwin vs Lesnar II

The_Pit_Bull_Arlovski

Next fight would be a different story though' date=' taking as Carwin has learned something from their last fight he won't be gassed out in the beginning of round 2. Plus Carwin showed that he can defend againist brock's takedowns.[/quote']

Indeed and when the fight comes,Brock will have evolved into a even better fighter.. Lesnar 2nd round submission

Lesnar showed last time hes not gonna get KOd

Yer he survived once therefore it is impossible to KO him. Come on give me a break if he Carwin hit Lesnar in the right place ala Russow vs Duffee Lesnar will go to sleep no one is KO proof he may be able to withstand a lot but a few shots to the temple and Lesnar would go to sleep.

That being said i think the re-match would be just as close and hard to call as the first one as i imagine they will both improve in fairly equal amounts by the rematch

Carwin fought a horrible Brock coming off of a life-threatening illness with over a year of ring rust....in the next fight, Brock takes Carwin down sooner and GnPs out...

Carwin had his chance against a highly vulnerable fighter and lost...Brock took Carwin's best shot, but his best shots weren't enough...

Brock won't come in rusty or timid in his first fight back from such a serious illness...

Brock by TKO...1st Round, at the latest, 2nd Round...

Carwin showed he was the better fighter in the first fight... he just went about it wrong' date=' if they both improve equally, and Carwin implements a better gameplan than "CARWIN SMASH!!" then I believe Carwin walks away with a tko in the 1st.[/quote']

Carwin Smash?! LOL!

I agree with this. Carwin knows exactly what it takes to beat Lesnar. However, Lesnar would most likely be hoping Carwin tired out again. Carwin was better in nearly every aspect of the game until he exhausted himself.

With that being said, it could go either way. I believe they're the #1 and #2, so anything could happen.

if you think lesnar will win you have to be the dumbest person alive. carwin is better in every aspect of mma then lesnar. the only reason he lost the first time is cause he sat on top of brocks big **** punching for the entire first 5minutes almost anybody would tired after that. and when he was super tired brock got a submission. carwin is obviously not gonna punch himself out again and he will knock out lesnar for sure!

if you think lesnar will win you have to be the dumbest person alive. carwin is better in every aspect of mma then lesnar. the only reason he lost the first time is cause he sat on top of brocks big **** punching for the entire first 5minutes almost anybody would tired after that. and when he was super tired brock got a submission. carwin is obviously not gonna punch himself out again and he will knock out lesnar for sure!

so the vastly superior Carwin gassed out trying to finish a vastly inferior Lesnar? Brock gets 1 TD, passes Carwin's lame defense and chokes him out...

that was Carwin's best shot at Lesnar (ring rusted/back from the dead) and he failed...

ur first post since you joined so long ago takes a shot at all the Lesnar votes...lol...disappear again...

I think Lesnar is just improving too much. He's only been training three years, he's very new to MMA. Once the rematch happens Lesnar's BJJ will have improved, striking will have improved...everything will have improved. Carwin on the other hand isn't going to improve much more other than cardio (hopefully).

Lesnar wins the rematch.

Next fight would be a different story though' date=' taking as Carwin has learned something from their last fight he won't be gassed out in the beginning of round 2. Plus Carwin showed that he can defend againist brock's takedowns.[/quote']

If Carwin lands on Lesnar, like he did in their first match, he can defend the TD. IF......................

so without all this hot air Carwin is better at everything except the most important thing, A GAME PLAN? :P

He tried 3 of those against a very aware and fresh Carwin' date=' and they all were stuffed.

If Carwin avoids gassing himself out for a finish, then Brock's wrestling looks like it was very much a mute point.[/quote']

Carwin was aware the whole time, and I only remember 2 takedown attempts. One worked, and the other failed because the round ended.

Carwin was aware the whole time' date=' and I only remember 2 takedown attempts. One worked, and the other failed because the round ended.[/quote']

Brock tried to dive once or twice while he was stunned, tried one that Shane 'wizzed,' and was attempting one towards the end of the first. The only one he landed was when Shane felt like he could barely operate his own body.

Fightmetric has Lesnar attempting 4 takedowns, and landing 1.

This normally wouldn't be too staggering of a stat, but for a fighter who relies primarily on size and weight to bully his opponents to the ground, he is truly out of his element when he fights Carwin. If Carwin works on his decision making and sticks to a "stand it up" gameplan, then things could get very interesting.

All carwin learned is not to buy his roids online.

This fight goes basically the same way as last time.

Brock tried to dive once or twice while he was stunned' date=' tried one that Shane 'wizzed,' and was attempting one towards the end of the first. The only one he landed was when Shane felt like he could barely operate his own body.

This normally wouldn't be too staggering of a stat, but for a fighter who relies primarily on size and weight to bully his opponents to the ground, he is truly out of his element when he fights Carwin. If Carwin works on his decision making and sticks to a "stand it up" gameplan, then things could get very interesting.[/quote']

Yeah he was so out of his element that Carwin is defending the belt against Cain coming up.................

Your point was stupid and factually inaccurate. I improved it.

Just admit your butt hurt that Carwin wasnt as good as you thought he was.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

Ignorance is bliss. I assume you feel pretty good about yourself.

My post had nothing to do with who won, or lost, or who I was a fan of. Watch the fight. It was very obvious that Lesnar was having some serious issues when his "unstoppable" takedowns were being stopped.

Had Carwin not put all of his efforts into finishing Lesnar when his gargantuan forearms were in the way, then we may have seen a different result. This is what I was pointing out. I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty conceptualizing, as it is what the thread is all about.

My post had nothing to do with who won' date=' or lost, or who I was a fan of. Watch the fight. It was very obvious that Lesnar was having some serious issues when his "unstoppable" takedowns were being stopped.

Had Carwin not put all of his efforts into finishing Lesnar when his gargantuan forearms were in the way, then we may have seen a different result. This is what I was pointing out. I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty conceptualizing, as it is what the thread is all about.[/quote']

Let's say that Carwin would have won by whatever fashion imaginable. It doesn't matter whatsoever. The belt would have been stripped from him for using steroids after the fight. Instead, there would be a fight for the vacated heavy weight UFC championship belt. It really doesn't matter.

The fact that Carwin could not have knocked out Lesnar while Carwin was on steroids... you still think Carwin can win in the rematch? If so, you are in living in the same world that the movie Inception is based off of.

Let's say that Carwin would have won by whatever fashion imaginable. It doesn't matter whatsoever. The belt would have been stripped from him for using steroids after the fight. Instead' date=' there would be a fight for the vacated heavy weight UFC championship belt. It really doesn't matter.

The fact that Carwin could not have knocked out Lesnar while Carwin was on steroids... you still think Carwin can win in the rematch? If so, you are in living in the same world that the movie Inception is based off of.[/quote']

Carwin never tested positive for steroids, ever. He was accused of taking them 4 to 6 years ago, long before he was in the UFC, so no.

My post had nothing to do with who won' date=' or lost, or who I was a fan of. Watch the fight. It was very obvious that Lesnar was having some serious issues when his "unstoppable" takedowns were being stopped.

Had Carwin not put all of his efforts into finishing Lesnar when his gargantuan forearms were in the way, then we may have seen a different result. This is what I was pointing out. I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty conceptualizing, as it is what the thread is all about.[/quote']

Oh i see. All the Lesnar HATERS like you say he has "unstoppable takedowns" all the rest of us say they are very good. But you have set up a situation in your own head where anything but 100% success rate is a failure. So he failed. I get it now. You created a strawman argument and turned out fooling yourself into believing it.

Yeah......... thats a stupid argument. Carwin blocked 1 takedown, 1 was as the round ended and carwin was pressed against the fence, clearly about to taken down. That is not "stuffed" anymore then Winner was "stuffing" Lentz takedowns or Rampage was "stuffing" Rashads takedown.

Then the 3rd takedown was the one that ended the fight. At best you can give him half credit for getting backed against the fence and say he blocked 1/2 of takedowns. But thats being stupidly generous.

All you were pointing out about the GnP was Carwin was busy missing and was too stupid to stop and aim because he has no idea what he's doing and is just a clumsy brawler that will never hold gold anywhere. He couldnt take the SF title. Much less the UFC.

LOL that you think Carwin is going to get better. He's old enough that if he hasnt learned punching someones ARMS arent going to win the fight he's not going to learn it.

And his cardio is getting no better, especially without the juice.

All you saw in that fight was a clumsy roid monkey brawler showing how little he knew about actually fighting.

Carwin never tested positive for steroids' date=' ever. He was accused of taking them 4 to 6 years ago, long before he was in the UFC, so no.[/quote']

He wasnt accused of anything. He was CAUGHT buying them. But I'm sure they were just for his illegal drug collection. He takes them out every now and again and dusts them puts them back right?

And it wasnt 4-6 years ago. His most recent purchase from that pharmacist was right before his WEC fight. Then the pharmacist got caught. The only reason the rest of the trail doesnt exist yet is because whoever he is buying them from now hasnt been caught yet.

Oh i see. All the Lesnar HATERS like you say he has "unstoppable takedowns" all the rest of us say they are very good. But you have set up a situation in your own head where anything but 100% success rate is a failure. So he failed. I get it now. You created a strawman argument and turned out fooling yourself into believing it.

Yeah......... thats a stupid argument. Carwin blocked 1 takedown' date=' 1 was as the round ended and carwin was pressed against the fence, clearly about to taken down. That is not "stuffed" anymore then Winner was "stuffing" Lentz takedowns or Rampage was "stuffing" Rashads takedown.

Then the 3rd takedown was the one that ended the fight. At best you can give him half credit for getting backed against the fence and say he blocked 1/2 of takedowns. But thats being stupidly generous.

All you were pointing out about the GnP was Carwin was busy missing and was too stupid to stop and aim because he has no idea what he's doing and is just a clumsy brawler that will never hold gold anywhere. He couldnt take the SF title. Much less the UFC.

LOL that you think Carwin is going to get better. He's old enough that if he hasnt learned punching someones ARMS arent going to win the fight he's not going to learn it.

And his cardio is getting no better, especially without the juice.

All you saw in that fight was a clumsy roid monkey brawler showing how little he knew about actually fighting.[/quote']

LOL! Cool story, bro.

No need to get angry. It's just MMA.

I'm not going to try and debate with someone who's clearly very intent on grasping at anything he can just for the sake of either promoting Brock, or bashing Carwin. I gave my thoughts on how I thought the fight could have went, and you obviously took them far too personal. Like I said, it's conceptual, and it's just MMA,

Take a knee, drink water, and sit the next few plays out.

Carwin never tested positive for steroids' date=' ever. He was accused of taking them 4 to 6 years ago, long before he was in the UFC, so no.[/quote']

There were many articles listing that Carwin has tested positive for steroids in the past few months. The links were on this forum, in fact.

Carwin and Lesnar have the same roid history, as in history prior to the UFC. Thus I don?t see that affecting the result of this match. Both will be under the same testing regime, If you considering the testing regime to be worthless all fighters must be considered to be in the same boat.

Lesnar?s takedowns weren?t enough in round 1 and I don?t see much room for improvement there. Takedowns against a near equally skilled wrestler of similar size but with better hands will be hard to come by. Lesnar does have the edge here but seeing Carwin is a well respected wrestler Lesnar will have to be aware of the take downs while implementing his striking. So they both fear the Takedown but I feel it will affect Lesnars striking more because it is weaker.

Carwin fought stupid in the first but I can see why he did what he did, If you are pounding on the champion and the Ref is telling you both that he is going to stop it, what exactly do you do there? Do you stop or do you continue doing what you are doing and let the ref call it?

No doubts this was a mistake on Carwins behalf but I don?t think you can say he has poor game plans because of this. He was within a hair breath of winning that title.

Only way I can see Lesnar winning this fight is if his stand up improves dramatically so that he even slightly rocks Carwin at one point and then lands a takedown. Othewise I see it going all Carwin.

MMA_FTW,

I've seen many articles on the topic but none have ever mentioned him testing positive, can you quote one?

If you are asking me to comb through these forums for a link, that's something you have to do. I'm certain it was mentioned multiple times that Carwin was tested positive for steroids after the Lesnar fight. There were threads created based on that subject. Feel to free to view or search for it on your own leisure.

Carwin and Lesnar have the same roid history' date=' as in history prior to the UFC. Thus I don?t see that affecting the result of this match. Both will be under the same testing regime, If you considering the testing regime to be worthless all fighters must be considered to be in the same boat.[/quote']

Wrong. Lesnar has been accused by a few haters of roids because he was in WWE. Never even implicated in any actual investigations though and theres not even a shred of proof anywhere.

Carwins dealer was caught with Carwins name as a customer on his paperwork and a delivery and payment history.

Thats hardly the same roid history.

If you are asking me to comb through these forums for a link' date=' that's something you have to do. I'm certain it was mentioned multiple times that Carwin was tested positive for steroids after the Lesnar fight. There were threads created based on that subject. Feel to free to view or search for it on your own leisure.[/quote']

The only story I have ever seen, and there have been multiples based on the same story, is Carwin being named as a recipient of steroids in 2004 to 2006. He has never tested positive in any MMA organization for steroids, which include the UFC.

Here's a link to one of the stories:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/14/federal-court-links-shane-carwin-to-steroids-conspiracy-case/

Brock tried to dive once or twice while he was stunned' date=' tried one that Shane 'wizzed,' and was attempting one towards the end of the first. The only one he landed was when Shane felt like he could barely operate his own body.

This normally wouldn't be too staggering of a stat, but for a fighter who relies primarily on size and weight to bully his opponents to the ground, he is truly out of his element when he fights Carwin. If Carwin works on his decision making and sticks to a "stand it up" gameplan, then things could get very interesting.[/quote']

I don't remember those, and I can't find the fight online. Regardless, I think Lesnar would still come out more aggressive with his wrestling and end it sooner.

Archived