GSP tried to finish Hardy...

TheRam205

Correct me if I am wrong but in the 4th or 5th round GSP was trying to submit hardy with I think a Kimura?? but still Hardy didn't tap, GSP didn't want to break his arm so he let go, but still no credit goes to hardy?? Just how GSP didn't finish??

****s are blinded by the truth (SHOGUN, SILVA and GSP fans)

They try to put each fighter down and never pay attention to the match just the result.......

He had an armbar and a kimura and they were in DEEP. Hardy got out cuz GSP would hold them for like 10 seconds. I feel like its difficult to hold these subs in for that long' date=' plus no one really expects their opponent not to submit that deep in a submission.[/quote']

When the opponent doesn't submit you break their damn arm in half. In fact you should be trying to break their arm in half from the get go.

When the opponent doesn't submit you break their damn arm in half. In fact you should be trying to break their arm in half from the get go.

That's easy enough for you to say. How many arms have you broken? GSP obviously doesn't have the same mentality as you. He'd rather put on a dominating performance but be unable to finish and take a bit of criticism, than make the fans cheer for a little bit and seriously jeopardise the career of a young fighter in the process.

Obviously you'd go for the second option. But remind me, which one of you is the pro fighter?

That's easy enough for you to say. How many arms have you broken? GSP obviously doesn't have the same mentality as you. He'd rather put on a dominating performance but be unable to finish and take a bit of criticism' date=' than make the fans cheer for a little bit and seriously jeopardise the career of a young fighter in the process.

Obviously you'd go for the second option. But remind me, which one of you is the pro fighter?[/quote']

....there is no point in even talking to you. Why use an armbar when you have no intention of using it properly? You claim to know the inner workings on Gsp's head but the truth is that Gsp just forgot bjj that night and was applying the submissions incorrectly.

....there is no point in even talking to you. Why use an armbar when you have no intention of using it properly? You claim to know the inner workings on Gsp's head but the truth is that Gsp just forgot bjj that night and was applying the submissions incorrectly.

The first arm bar was applied incorrectly in that GSP's grip on Dan's hand and therefore the angle of Dan's arm in relation to GSP was incorrect. However, the only difference that made is that it made it possible for Dan to escape when he otherwise would have been effectively immobilised. GSP had plenty of time to break Dan's arm if he'd wanted to but he did not.

The first arm bar was applied incorrectly in that GSP's grip on Dan's hand and therefore the angle of Dan's arm in relation to GSP was incorrect. However' date=' the only difference that made is that it made it possible for Dan to escape when he otherwise would have been effectively immobilised. GSP had plenty of time to break Dan's arm if he'd wanted to but he did not.[/quote']

Actually GSP had his feet crossed as well and didn't squeeze his hips which was what gave Dan enough room to spin out of the armbar. But never the less that armbar should have been like clockword for anyone who's trained even a little while in BJJ. And when an armbar is done correctly it takes no effort to break an arm which he should have done. No disrespect to Hardy. I like him but that fight should have been finished. Instead it looked like GSP came into that fight like he just finished the beginners course in BJJ and failed

Actually GSP had his feet crossed as well and didn't squeeze his hips which was what gave Dan enough room to spin out of the armbar. But never the less that armbar should have been like clockword for anyone who's trained even a little while in BJJ. And when an armbar is done correctly it takes no effort to break an arm which he should have done. No disrespect to Hardy. I like him but that fight should have been finished. Instead it looked like GSP came into that fight like he just finished the beginners course in BJJ and failed

If I remember rightly, didn't GSP have his feet crossed against Matt Hughes which is what immobilised Matt's right arm and stopped him tapping? I don't remember that fight too well but I remember the armbar being unusual and Matt having to submit verbally.

I don't rememeber the Hughes one. I'll have to go back and look at that one. I was just taught that crossing your feet gives up some leverage and creates a little space. And also if you have you're feet crossed you can get caught with an ankle lock. My instructor did that to me and hurt like a ***** haha

That's easy enough for you to say. How many arms have you broken? GSP obviously doesn't have the same mentality as you. He'd rather put on a dominating performance but be unable to finish and take a bit of criticism' date=' than make the fans cheer for a little bit and seriously jeopardise the career of a young fighter in the process.

Obviously you'd go for the second option. But remind me, which one of you is the pro fighter?[/quote']

Get out of the business if your gonna be some soft fighter, who wants to make sure fighters coming up don't get injured! give me a break! That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If I found out that was true I would look back at all GSP's performances and be like "Oh ****, that's why he didn't go for the finish..." Wow you have a warped logic of fighting... Oh hey I bet Fitch fights the same way eh!

Correct me if I am wrong but in the 4th or 5th round GSP was trying to submit hardy with I think a Kimura?? but still Hardy didn't tap' date=' GSP didn't want to break his arm so he let go, but still no credit goes to hardy?? Just how GSP didn't finish??

****s are blinded by the truth (SHOGUN, SILVA and GSP fans)

They try to put each fighter down and never pay attention to the match just the result.......[/quote']

He didn't have the right position for that sub.

Close but no cigar.

i have more respect for GSP because he didnt break his arm.. Hardys career is just now taking off' date=' why snap his arm in half and possibly end his career[/quote']

What if Hardy subbed GSP and broke his arm? People would say GSP sucks. Not finishing a fight on purpose is like intentionally missing a goal.

Maybe out of respect for his fans he should have finished his opponent like he was paid to do ; ) Breaking your opponents arm when they won't tap is in no way disrespectful.

Slightly ironic that sum1 who has Machida and Randy as there no.1 and no.2 wud knock sum1 4 not finishin a fight tbh... lol

GSP said at the post fight conference he indeed tried to break his arm since he didn't tap, but they also showed GSP talking to Renzo Gracie, asking him what he did wrong, and GSP's positioning on the arm bar was wrong, and his kimura was from half guard or side control i don't remember, so it wasn't at full effect, so hardy was never really in danger.

SO much for being a black belt GSP

GSP said at the post fight conference he indeed tried to break his arm since he didn't tap' date=' but they also showed GSP talking to Renzo Gracie, asking him what he did wrong, and GSP's positioning on the arm bar was wrong, and his kimura was from half guard or side control i don't remember, so it wasn't at full effect, so hardy was never really in danger.

SO much for being a black belt GSP[/quote']

Black belts don't make mistakes?

Two big mistakes in the same fight? I mean you go through how many belts and tests in BJJ and you still don't know how to properly do an armbar? I wouldn't be surprised if he was bought his belt or got it from some crappy school like Rashad did

lol ya im sure he sucks and didnt do it right in training...run the fight 10 x again im sure he gets it right. he screwed up, big deal, he obviously has things to work on. he created the attempts, that takes skill in itself. he moves through the positions beautifully, but yeah he def made big mistakes vs hardy

GSP would demolish you and anyone else on this forum in a BJJ match.

Kids are such idiotic know-it-alls around here its funny as hell.

GSP said at the post fight conference he indeed tried to break his arm since he didn't tap' date=' but they also showed GSP talking to Renzo Gracie, asking him what he did wrong, and GSP's positioning on the arm bar was wrong, and his kimura was from half guard or side control i don't remember, so it wasn't at full effect, so hardy was never really in danger.

SO much for being a black belt GSP[/quote']

lol @ GSP, he is such a boring, chicken n cheater, never finishes fights. oh well i guess he tried indeed, too bad he wasn't good enough.

i have more respect for GSP because he didnt break his arm.. Hardys career is just now taking off' date=' why snap his arm in half and possibly end his career[/quote']

Because he didnt TAP. Thats why. Its HARDY'S job to tap out and protect his career. Thats the whole point of moving the joint to where its about to break and giving them a chance to tap. If they wont, thats their bad decision. Snap it.

Christ its not like he was Seagal in one of those old B movies just snapping arms left and right. Hardy had every opportunity to tap.

Now both fighters are in a **** position. Everyone knows GSP wont finish the submission. And anyone who grabs Hardy knows they need to break it, and so wont hesitate so long. Bad call by both fighters.

How can he break it when it wasn't locked properly...He didn't have it at the right angle' date='and it wasn't proper technique.I'm pretty sure he'd yank on it more if it was locked properly,but he didn't..................Look up the interview with Renzo Gracie.[/quote']

If you knew anything about BJJ and the armbar in particular you would know it doesnt have to be perfect. Even pretty close and you can break it. You just need to put more muscle into it.

If he did break it.It wouldn't even have mattered.We'd still have the idiotic bunch of kids that swarm this internet hating on GSP.So all in all.It wouldn't have mattered one bit.He could of finished it,and made some big mistakes in locking it.Obviously he didn't want to break it.So what's the big deal?Like everyone goes in circles with this situation.It gets brought up every time he fights.The thread Furious Mat has the best posts logically defending GSP,and people just scroll through it.I find people here pointless to even reason with.

GSP absolutely tries to finish fights so I absolutely respect him for that. He's a tremendous fighter. I just see him having so much more potential. We all build him up to be a well rounded fighter, but when he doesn't ACTUALLY finish fights against fighters that he should, then he should absolutely be chastized for it.

I think some people hate on GSP because he's so good and it's more fun to cheer on the underdog after a while. Personally, the only reason I would dislike GSP is because he has the biggest nuthugging fan base I've ever seen. With the possible exception being the Boston Red Sox fans who are even more dou.chebaggery while being constant bi.tches.

If he did break it.It wouldn't even have mattered.We'd still have the idiotic bunch of kids that swarm this internet hating on GSP.So all in all.It wouldn't have mattered one bit.He could of finished it' date='and made some big mistakes in locking it.Obviously he didn't want to break it.So what's the big deal?Like everyone goes in circles with this situation.It gets brought up every time he fights.The thread Furious Mat has the best posts logically defending GSP,and people just scroll through it.I find people here pointless to even reason with.[/quote']

BULL ****. Before the Hardy fight very few people talked about GSP being boring. There were a couple, but not many. If he had broken that arm, especially after all the crap Hardy talked it would have been very satisfying and everyone saying "once you go to the ground, do something" would be pointing at at GSP as an example of exactly what they mean the way we point at sonnen, hughes, lesnar, bader, jones, hell even cain.

Archived